Jaws techno remix?

Dalboz

Short and sweet: just wondering whether anyone knows of a techno remix / electronica / techno version of the 'theme from Jaws' exists?

My boyfriend's trying to assemble a Halloween mix-disc and I wasn't able to find many Williams-remixes. Blasphemy that they may be. :|

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but hey I don't think you gonna find any jaws or any John Williams techno remix here.

As much as it seems like people here hate remixes of classical themes, I have done quite a bit of this, with a jazz version of the E.T. Flying Theme and an electronica version of Harry Potter. If you would like to commission a remix of the Jaws theme, I'd be happy to do it... let me know if you're interested.

As much as it seems like people here hate remixes of classical themes, I have done quite a bit of this, with a jazz version of the E.T. Flying Theme and an electronica version of Harry Potter. If you would like to commission a remix of the Jaws theme, I'd be happy to do it... let me know if you're interested.

I would love to listen to them, mainly the ET one ;-)

I would love to listen to them, mainly the ET one ;-)

Same here!

Ray Barnsbury

Miguel -- THANKS SO MUCH! Not exactly what I was looking for, but weird enough that it'll do. :P

And no no, I'm in no way trying to 'modernize' Jaws or lacking respect for the original! I was just looking for something 'funky' for a Halloween Mix for my boyfriend.

rsp3studio -- Nice that someone here is willing to do remixes of Williams on demand! But sorry man, I'm not THAT serious about finding a remix! Nor, as a poor college student, do I have the funds necessary. But I agree with the others that I'd love to hear the takes on E.T. and Potter!

As for the topic of remixes of film scores in general, I find them to be rather hit-or-miss depending. I've personally got dance remixes from The Incredibles, Requiem for a Dream, Brokeback Mountain, The Ring, and Pirates of the Caribbean. Some are more successful than the others, and I know lots more exist, everything from the aforementioned Duel of the Fates to The Skeleton Key (?!?). A very odd sub-genre to be sure. ;)

The only legitimate, and respectable "techno" remixes of a film theme I know of are Now we are free. from Gladiator, and My Heart will go on, Titanic.

Although there are plenty of film score samples used in rap, electronica etc. Never Jaws though, to my knowledge.

Although there are plenty of film score samples used in rap, electronica etc. Never Jaws though, to my knowledge.

I've never heard a score sample used in rap. But that probably has something to do with the fact that I don't listen to rap. Although I know some who do . . .