Best Spielberg-Williams Double-Whammy

crumbs

Which Spielberg-Williams single year yielded the best score combo?  

51 members have voted

1. 1.

• 1989 - Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade / Always
    • 1993 - Schindler's List / Jurassic Park
    • 1997 - Amistad / The Lost World
    • 2002 - Catch Me If You Can / Minority Report
    • 2005 - Munich / War Of The Worlds

Pick your favourite..

I'd say this will be a landslide.. 5 of these are fairly generic examples of Williams' work, and only one year had two masterpieces back to back.....

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well actually I would say Star Wars, and Close Encounters is by far the best, as these two scores are superior to any combo listed. of those listed I picked the very good SL, and the even better JP.

I'm gonna play flak bait here and go with 2005. War of the Worlds is for me one of his most visceral scores, and even though it isn't thematic, I think the writing is brilliant and gets under your skin; it's one of those scores you feel before you hear and I love that about it. As much as I love Schindler's List, I prefer Munich. To me the Prayer for Peace theme seems more honest and mature than Schindler's List. Just my two cents.

well actually I would say Star Wars, and Close Encounters is by far the best, as these two scores are superior to any combo listed.  of those listed I picked the very good SL, and the even better JP.

Too bad Spielberg didn't direct Star Wars.

Justin

He was Lucas' first pick to direct Return of the Jedi, but Spielberg couldn't because he was a member of the MPAA and Lucas had just quit it. He was hit with some large fines for not having opening credits in The Empire Strikes Back, or something stupid like that.

well actually I would say Star Wars, and Close Encounters is by far the best, as these two scores are superior to any combo listed.  of those listed I picked the very good SL, and the even better JP.

Too bad Spielberg didn't direct Star Wars.

Justin

you don't know how much pleasure I will garner from knowing that great white took its time ripping you to shreds, as you scream, scream, scream for death to take you. :)

graphic content removed

Justin, after the attack.

Star Wars was perfectly directed. Spielberg was too busy making that piece of shit movie, Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Im joking about CE3K, its near perfection