My Complete Episode II and III Edits

GoodMusician

NOTE:: To all you people who keep messaging me asking me for a link, and you keep getting responces like "Read the thread" or "No," the answer is an obvious No. Don't message me.

I'm not done with my Episode II edit and the site where I upload purged so there is no link for either my Episode III or my Episode II (seeing as this isn't star trek or space balls, you can't get the set before its done!)

So... there are no files.

When I announce that it's done, THEN you can message me.

Yes, that' means you'll actually have to READ THIS THREAD!

Got it?

Good.

----------------------------

Hey all.

I know that some of you have been anxiously awaiting the next installment in my complete prequels sets. Well, I can tell you that they are soon on there way.

I've nearly finished Episode II and am nearing the midway point of Episode III. Since Episode II will in essence be an expanded album release, I decided to put them both in this thread.

Currently, neither is finished, but I was getting antsy myself about announcing them, so I decided to make this thread.

I'm attempting to present them as close to "cue by cue" as possible, again using all the dvd rip material made available by Lord Skylark and sorted through by myself and Cerrabore.

These are the current track lists. Neither set iscomplete and these are subject to change, but I thought I'd give you all an idea of where I'm going

NOTE:

If you're familiar with my edits, especially my episode I edit, you're aware that I try to present the complete score bar none.

These are no exception.

Unlike the massive amount of alternates, different takes, and just all around material used in the games from the masters of Episode I, and due to people doing just what I'm doing (making complete edits and letting people get them, except in their case they charged) very little material from epiode II was used in the video games.

What was used was mostly from the albums and very little extra past that. Usually it's the same cues, just straight from the masters and not edited the way JW had them edited on the Album... so Episode II is a complete release, but unlike the other scores, there isn't that much music... and what music there is, very little is released so most of the edits are DVD rip.

With Episode III however, much of the material was made available through game rips. However, there is still a wealth of music NOT released in its entirety and in order to present it completely, one must augment it with DVD rip.

Herein lies the rub: If you want an album that presents all the music (including some alternates), then PM me for the link to these edits I'm making.

If you want an augmented album version (with no DVD rip and very clean music) then pm King Mark or Cerrabore for their versions... or better yet, go to Cerrabores page and follow his instructions (pm him for the FTP link) and make your own edit.

Cerrabore:

http://jwfan.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&a...818&start=0

King Mark:

http://jwfan.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&a...asc&start=0

My edit is different than theirs in that mine is an attempt to present all the music available, not just what's compeltely clean.

I have worked hard and diligently to clean and preserve the authenticity of the music to allow for edits that present it as recorded and as complete as possible.

If what you want is something 100% clean, don't wait for my edit as it's only about 50% (Episode II) and 80% (Episode III) clean.

Star Wars Episode II:

Disk 1

01) Fox Fanfare (Film Recording) - 0:21

02) Main Title (TPM Recording) - 1:30

03) Arrival at Coruscant - 0:17

04) Ambush on the Landing Pad - 2:16

05) Council Meeting - 2:43

06) Old Friend - 1:36

07) The Night Shift Begins - 0:52

08) Assasin Droid - 3:06

09) Zam the Assasin - 3:56

10) The Streets of Coruscant - 3:47

11) Who Hired You - 3:41

12) Anakin and Palpatine 1:44

13) You've Grown Up - 2:42

14) Departing Coruscant - 1:42

15) Dex Cafe (Source Music) -1:04

16) Jedi Records - 1:15

17) Yoda and the Younglings - 3:54

18) Audience on Naboo - 2:27

19) Arrival at Kamino - 1:38

20) The Finest Army - 0:56

21) Glass Sculptures - 2:28

22) The Army - 1:53

23) Meadow Picnic - 2:30

24) Interview with Jango - 2:43

25) Anakin and Padme - 3:59

26) Making Contact - Nightmares - 2:44

27) Tatooine Resolution (Tracked) - 1:36

28) Jango's Espcape/ Arrival at Tatooine - 3:50

29) Meeting Watto - 0:58

Disk 2

01) Tuskan Camp, Dark Side Takes Root

02) Emergency Powers

03) Count Dooku's Offer

04) New Authority

#) On The Conveyor Belt

#) Captured

#) Love Pledge - 1:52

#) Ride to the Pilars - 0:53

#) The Arena - 4:19

#) Arena Source - 1:19

#) Going After Dooku - 2:17

#) Confrontation with Dooku

#) Finale - 5:16

#) End Credits Intro (AOTC) - 0:52

#) Across the Stars (End Credits) - 6:20

(The end credits version of Across teh Stars is the same recording, but with the end credits ending added...so I simply made an alternate "Across the Stars" with the film ending.)

#) Across the Stars (Album)- 5:38

Episode III is comming along reeaaaallly nicely. Using the German DVD rips and augmenting what we have in the games and playing around with all this it's comming out brilliantly.

So far, the set is looking like this.

The Complete Episode III Score:

Disk 1: (1:10:33)

01) Fox Fanfare (Film Recording) - 0:23

02) Star Wars (TPM Main Title) - 1:30

03) War Drums - 0:16

04) Boys Into Battle I (Percussion) - 2:08

05) Boys Into Battle II (Percussion) - 0:46

06) They're Coming Around (Percussion) - 1:46

07) Get Em' R-2 (Percussion) - 1:31

08) General Grevious - 0:53

09) The Elevator Scene (Original) - 2:11

10) Count Dooku's Entrance - 0:51

11) The Death of Dooku I - 1:20

12) The Death of Dooku II - 0:59

13) Going Down (Tracked) - 0:57

14) Grevious Flees - 3:27

15) Coruscant's Warm Welcome (Tracked) - 1:14

16) Another Happy Landing - 0:40

17) Revisiting Padme - 1:52

18) Grevious Travels to Palpatine

19) Acording to Plan -

20) Scenes and Dreams - 1:53

21) You Die - 3:54

22) Be Careful of Your Friend - 1:13

23) Council Meeting I - 1:09

24) Council Meeting II - 2:59

25) Hold Me - 0:40

26) Palpatines TV Set - 5:18

27) Palpatines Big Pitch - 3:40

28) Battle of Kashyyyk (Tracked) - 2:16

29) Goodbye Old Friend - 2:37

30) Going to Utapau - 2:18

31) Riding the Lizzard - 1:26

32) Obi-Wan Fares the Droids - 0:20

33) Drawing Swords - 0:09

34) You are Doomed - 0:31

35) Fighting with Grevious (Tracked) - 0:32

36) Good Guys Arrive - 1:22

37) A Plot to Destroy the Jedi (Tracked) - 1:06

38) Palpatines Seduction - 2:30

39) Rolling With Grevious - 1:00

40) Fighting With Grevious - 1:35

41) Dialogue with Mace - 1:34

42) Padme's Ruminations (Film) - 1:41

43) I Am The Senate - 2:55

44) The Death of Mace - 2:36

45) Palpatine Instructs Anakin - 2:00

Disk 2: (1:08:29)

01) Execute Order 66 (Tracked) - 2:01

02) Lament - 4:32

03) Bails Escape - 0:27

04) Swimming and Yoda's Farewell - 1:20

05) News of the Attack - 1:30

06) Moving Things Along - 1:58

07) Enter Lord Vader - 4:16

08) Anakins Dark Deeds - 2:15

09) Security Recordings - 2:36

10) It Can't Be - 2:24

11) A Moody Trip - 0:58

12) Padme's Visit - 2:59

13) Padme's Plea - 2:07

14) Herores Colide - 4:41

15) Duel of the Fates (New Vocal) - 1:37

16) Yoda Falls - 0:18

17) The Boys Continue - 0:45

18) Search for Yoda - Battle Continues - 1:26

19) Into Exile - 0:28

20) Battle of the Heroes - 2:43

21) The Immolation Scene - 2:41

22) Crawling - 1:02

23) Still Alive - 0:24

24) Yoda Meditates - 0:55

25) Landing on Coruscant - 1:03

26) The Birth of the Twins - 2:24

27) Padme's Fate - 2:11

28) Plans for the Twins - 1:38

29) Padme's Funeral - 1:30

30) A Home for the Twins - 1:47

31) End Credits I - 2:41

32) End Credits II - 2:48

33) End Credits III - 2:06

34) End Credits IV - 2:26

35) End Credits V - 1:50

Disk 3: (54:25)

01) Fox Fanfare (1995 Recording) - 0:23

02) Battle Over Coruscant Suite (Album Alternate) - 6:22

03) Boys Into Battle (Album) - 2:05

04) They're Comming Around (Album) - 1:31

05) Battle Over Coruscant (Alternate Ending) - 0:21

06) General Grevious (Alternate Take) - 0:53

07) The Elevator Scene (Alternate Percussion) - 2:12

08) General Grevious Travels to Palpatine - (Choirless) - 0:50

09) Opera (Source) - 0:15

10) Goodbye Old Friend (Alternate insert) - 2:38

11) Rolling With Grevious (Percussion) - 0:56

12) Padme's Ruminations (Album) - 1:41

13) I Am the Senate (Unknown Segment) - 0:05

14) Anakin's Dark Deeds - 2:15

15) Anakin's Betrayal (Alt Choral Mix) - 0:47

16) Enter Lord Vader (Alternate) - 4:16

17) Heroes Collide (Film) - 2:36

18) John Williams Interview (WalMart Exclusive) - 3:15

19) Practicing End Credits - 0:38

20) Endlessly Compelling - 4:16

21) Battle of the Heores (Concert Suite) - 3:42

22) A New Hope - End Credits (Album Suite) - 13:05

So I have decided to include source cues that were pre-planned. Again, if you don't like them, simply remove them from the playlist.

The sets will be available in mp3 and Flac when they are finished at the Index adress I gave most of you. If I didn't give you the index address, simply pm me when the set is done and I can get that to you.

Will keep you up to date.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to it, your efforts on Ep. 1 were excellent and while I know these won't be as complete (not that is your fault, but these two still have a lot of music unreleased) I'm sure they'll be very good, specially Ep. 3

Awesome! Definitely looking forward to those. Star Wars are my favorite Williams' scores, so I'm always thirsty for more.

Just a question. Will AotC include the 'funeral' scene? Too bad that beautiful cue wasn't on the OST.

Are you using a new source for the German rip,or the same low bitrate files from Lordsklark(well they were low bitrate when I got them initially,that's why I didn't use it too much in my expanded score).

K.m.

No what I mean is it the same old 10 German clips on the FTP or you got a new complete rip of all the cues from the German DVD.I know Lordskylark probably re-ripped it or got new files.

The initial clips I provided(still on the ftp) were 192 kbps WMA's converted to MP3(I got them from some dude on the MB,I forgot who...).They don't sound so bad but still...

K.M.

If you have a few hundred files that are front, rear, and center channel that means you've got the fresh new rips from Skylark that he ripped directly from the German DVD. Remember he said he was getting a copy of that...

I guess we have to wait and see if all the tracked pieces of music will be seperate tracks or not...

They will be separate... I'm not that mean lol...

Take Battle of the Heroes for example...

It will be:

#) Battle of the Heroes

#) Duel of the Fates (Tracked with new choir)

#) Yoda Falls

#) Heroes Collide

that's off the top of my head so I may have missed a track title or two but you get the idea... All tracked cues will be separate.

I cannot state this to often: thanks for such kindly members of JWFan.net especially GoodMusician who put so much energy into their work and are still sharing this with us. Thumbs up!

Got a question, Good Musician? Are you finding any of the edits too difficult? Are they all coming out okay? I noticed I had a few problems, especially during Battle of the Heroes there's an edit I could just never get to sound smooth or right.

your right, I neglected abuot 2-3 seconds...

As far as difficulty... I'm finding that if you think these tracks out... you can fix them

Like with War of the Worlds... a lot of people got confused about "The Reunion" because a whole segment was missing... well, it turns out that it wasn't missing... it's just that the films editors took a segment from another track, slowed it down and placed it there... which is how I got a clean version of it. I simply did what they did.

Since this isn't a film edit, but a complete edit, I'm doing the opposite by undoing what they did.

The "Reel 4 Deconstruction" has been slowed down, stretched, and edited profusely it would seem. Even through the lower quality, the editing is still obvious. I had to speed up segments, replace them with correct versions... clean versions...

Once I did that, I fixed it.

Rolling With Grevious/Fighting with Grevious is another one fo those... when JW put it on the album, he put the same segment from the beginning of the track at the end...which gives a clean ending for "Rolling With Grevious"... a little DVD rip gives you a second or two opening for "Fighting with Grevious" and a little for the end and you're done.

I havn't gotten to battle of the heroes yet, and no doubt it will be difficult as I remember it was even last time when I WASN'T trying to make clean endings...

I'll keep you all updated.

EDIT:

I do have a question about that segment of the film. "Reel 4 Deconstruction"...

THat track has been horribly edited together and stuff has been tracked from elsewhere... I'm wondering about the real version of "Good Guys Arrive"... anyone have any ideas on how that SHOULD be?

The "Reel 4 Deconstruction" has been slowed down, stretched, and edited profusely it would seem. Even through the lower quality, the editing is still obvious. I had to speed up segments, replace them with correct versions... clean versions...

Which parts have you had to correct for speed? Because... all of the original music that was incorporated into that scene is available clean in game files, or it seems to be correct as heard in the film. You have looked at my RotS track list, right?

THat track has been horribly edited together and stuff has been tracked from elsewhere... I'm wondering about the real version of "Good Guys Arrive"... anyone have any ideas on how that SHOULD be?

The opening fanfare, contrary to popular belief, isn't tracked from "Boys into Battle" (the album version). It's clearly a differently orchestrated segment. After that, you should use the game file... again, it's on my track list.

Once you have it all edited and such, will it be possible to order the tracks in such a way as to have the film score as it appears in the film, like the TPM UE? I'm not so much interested in music that doesn't appear in the film, but would love to have an ultimate soundtrack.

If I'm not mistaken....It will be the exactly same with GoodMusician's Episode I complete score... which will have all the music that appeared in the film and with alternate's cues and unused cues as well.

And it is in chronological order and like what GoodMusician said if not interested with something then...you can deleted it once you got yourself a download copy of it to change it to suit it as you want it.

Yeah, the beauty of his discs is the ease that you can remove things. Everything is broken down in such a way that taking out a track doesn't disrupt any other music you may want to keep.

Hehe... seems like you guys got it all figured out ;-)

As for what I was asking, yes, Cerrabore, I look at your ‘guide’ on how to edit. The problem I'm having with both your edits and the rip "Reel 4 Deconstruction" is that there is so much editing done to that music in the 'Reel 4 Deconstruction'...

3M8 Obi-Wan Fares Droids (February 12th, 2005)

4M1a Good Guys Arrive (February 8th, 2005)

4M1x Drawing Swords (February 3rd, 2005)

So lets break it down:

According to your edit, that file from Battlefront II has all of Obi-Wan Fares the Droids. We know that’s not the case, but you’re not including DVD rips so that’s why it says that.

Drawing swords, as you say, is from those two files.

The rip ‘Reel 4 Deconstruction’ is heavily edited... It sounds how it was presented in the film... but I disagree that it is how it was recorded.

Just listening to it, the beginning is still “Drawing Swords” but what is the segment after it from? Where does it go?

Then it goes into an alternate version of “General Grevious” that was lowered in pitch... and then into “Grevious Speaks to Sidious” but minus the choir. Then it goes into what sounds like the altnerate opening to “Boys Into Battle”... I’ve always felt like it sounded like it wasn’t so much a recording of the same thing, but taking that and tweaking it electronically...to hold out the pitches and layer the fluttering flutes over it.

I agree with the rest.

I’m just curious about that segment... where is that from... it sounds like the speed has been changed... what is that from?

If we look at the Complete Cue list...we find...

4M3 Palpatine's Seduction

notice 4M2 is missing? Perhaps there's a whole other cue that's partially used?

EDIT:

You know what's also interesting... checking the released cue list... look at this...

1M4a "Get 'em, R-2!" (February 7th, 2005)

1M5 The Elevator Scene (February 17th, 2005)

1M6 Count Dooku's Entrance (February 14th, 2005)

1M7 The Death of Dooku (February 2nd, 2005)

Notice anything missing?

The entrance of General Grevious... Perhaps the music we have for "General Grevious" is meant elsewhere then... but that begs the question... where...

Umm, just as an FYI for the recording sessions the ones that are missing slate numbers IE: 4M2 are preplanned tracked music cues so that's why they didn't bother listing it on the actual recording session sheet. Also for the actual cue "General Grievous - The Elevator Scene"... that is DEFINITELY supposed to be attached to "The Elevator Scene" music...I can send you my edit to let you hear it if you'd like...

On Disc 2 for ROTS for the deleted scene when Shaak Ti is killed by Grievous you can hear the unused music from "General Grievous - The Elevator Scene" and you'll hear how it is edited and I made my edit according to that but those two pieces of music are supposed to be one cue. For the film they just tracked a drum roll (most likely from "Death Of Dooku" but pitched) and some sort of strings from another cue, or synth strings. Either way it was edited.

No...

The "General Grevious" music used to in the beginning of the film is the same as the sourced music during the Obi-Wan/ Grevious battle... just pitch changed... timapny roll and all. Something tells me that it's something else.

I, too, based my edit of 'General Grevious' based off the deleted scene, but I still think that the two cues are separate.

As for what your saying, compare the cue list and place where the pre-planned tracked music goes... It doesn't fit.

If we look at the Complete Cue list...we find...

4M3 Palpatine's Seduction

4M2 must be the track Elevator scene-Grievous speaks to lord sidious without chorus.

Originally planed to be tracked?

4M2 is the preplanned tracked music as I said and that plays the music from 'Ambush On Coruscant' and that plays the scene when Mace states, "I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi." "The Dark Side of the force surrounds the Chancellor."

Vosk...I say again.. check the slate numbers... the preplanned track music theory doesn't fit... Where did that come from anyways...

But still, no one has answered the importan question...What is that segment from "Reel 4 Deconstruction" between "Drawing Swords" and the tracked music... And where does it fit in the cue list--which I have my doubts about...

Bleh, I know what the hell I'm talking about. It does fit. If you want to ignore it fine it's your own edit and personally I don't give a rats ass. I was just trying to point something out and you're just tossing aside and you think you're always right. Well as I said I don't fracking care. Edit your own version the way how you want to. I'm done with this thread. :roll:

Definitely last post on this matter for sure. If you want to just toss this info aside, then fine be my fracking guest I don't fracking care.

1M8 The Repulsers Fail (Tracked music)

The scene is when the Invisible Hand starts to tumble towards Coruscant and Anakin (carrying Obi-Wan) and Palptine start sliding donw the elevator shaft and the music that accompanies this scene is "Escape From Naboo" (from TPM) and it ends with the very ending of "They're Coming Around".

2M2 Flying Half A Ship (Tracked Music)

This scene starts as Anakin, Obi-Wan and R2 begin to take what's left of the Invisible Hand into the atmopshere of Coruscant and land it. The music that accompanies this scene is "Battleship Destroyed" (from TPM).

3M4 The Battle Of Kashyyyk (Tracked music)

This scene opens up with Yoda talking to the Jedi Council via Hologram then goes into the entire Wookie, Clones versus Battle Droids fight. The music that opens up this scene is from "The Arena" (from AOTC) then goes into "The Senate" (from TPM), then "The Armies Face Off" (from TPM but the UE edit) and ends with some sort of tracked note (probably unused from another cue).

4M2 A Plot To Destroy The Jedi (Tracked music)

This scene opens up when we see the Jedi Temple and then shows Anakin, Mace, Yoda (via hologram), Ki-Adi Mundi (via hologram) and Aayla Secura (via hologram) in a meeting then Commander Cody coming in via hologram telling him that Obi-Wan has made contact with General Grievous and that they've begun their assault, etc... The music that accompanies this scene is entirely from AOTC which is the actual "Ambush On Coruscant".

5M2 Jedi Temple Raid (Tracked music)

This scene is where Anakin now christined as Lord Vader leads the 501st legion up the steps to the Jedi Temple and into the building itself. It then cuts to the battle back on Kashyyyk. The music starts out from "The Arena" (from AOTC) and then goes into music from "The Senate", then "Crash Landing" (both from TPM) with a drum roll tracked from "Death Of Dooku".

Reel 4 Deconstruction (Hyperspace)

This cue starts off with "Drawing Swords" (which is edited to be longer than it should be after the french horns come in) then goes into tracked music that is most likely from "I Am The Senate" the part with the drum beats that's what Cerrabore and I think of course the drums are just mixed over the music. It then goes into a drum roll tracked from "Death Of Dooku" but pitched and then into music from the opening of "The Elevator Scene" with Grievous' theme also pitched. After that it goes into the same pitched drum roll from "Death Of Dooku" and then it goes into music from "Grievous Travels To Palpatine" and the ending for that piece does not have the choir mixed over it. It then goes into another drum roll which is real then into a REPRISED version, NOT tracked version of the opening from "Boys Into Battle" then into "Good Guys Arrive". Another example of reprise "Lament" in "Padmé's Visit".

What you do with this info I don't fracking care as I said. It's your own damn edit. The tracked music was preplanned ahead of time since most of those scenes were CG and by the time the spotting session between Lucas and Williams rolled around they weren't finished hence why it was preplanned. Now I am really done with this thread.

Wow, that was pretty intense. I agree, sandman, so long as we get to listen to it, people can be dramatic all they want. Although I do tend ot agree with GoodMusician's earlier statement that no matter how sure we are that music is supposed to go in a certain place, in reality, it IS all conjecture in the end.

With regards to Obi-Wan fighting Grievous (the 4 swords sequence) is it possible that this sequence was not even really fully thought out when they spotted the film, much like the conveyor belt sequence in AOTC? That the reason it is a tracked sequence is because it wasn't really put together enough to be spotted in Oct and scored in Feb?

As far as the first GG cue goes, I find it to be very coinicidental that it would take place right before the elevator scene, be in the same key as the elevator scene, and be presented that way on the CD, and yet NOT be intended to go there originally but rather be tracked in from somewhere else, especially if it's in a different key than the SPEAKING TO LORD SIDOUS cue , as GM implies in his post. As far as original scoring goes, and not tracking, aren't those 2 spots the only spots that actually use GG music in the film?

EdiT - upon further thought, I realised it is not in the exact same key as the elevator sequence, but it IS in a sympathetic key, so the transition in not jarring but smooth.

Vosk... please don't get bitchy...

I asked a simple question... I had looked it over and I had thought that perhaps that was a possibility... but I would rather not make assumptions... especially since it's a pretty large asumption in some cases... but still a possibility.

I still don't agree that General Grevious and Elevator Scene are connected. It's certainly a possibilitiy...

In all fairnes, I've been working on these complete edits enough to realize there is a pattern. John Williams writes tracks that are about a minute long... sometimes two... Barely EVER more...and infrequently less than a minute.

The complete General grevious is about a minute long... the Elevator Scene is 2:11... together, the whole track is 3 minutes... That doesn't happend too often.

On top of that, there is an alternate percussion track of "Elevator Scene" that is heard in the games that's not connected to 'Gen Griev.'

And I've checked the Deleted Scene... "The Elevator Scene" doesn't connect... however something else does...What that is I don't know... probably tracked... but still unknown.

Anyways...I guess the big question was what was that music in Reel 4... It is definately a sped up segment from I Am the Senate... with drums tracked... which is sad becuase I really thought that that music fit the scene sooo well...

blah... more stuff to worry about...

Then it goes into an alternate version of “General Grevious” that was lowered in pitch... and then into “Grevious Speaks to Sidious” but minus the choir. Then it goes into what sounds like the altnerate opening to “Boys Into Battle”... I’ve always felt like it sounded like it wasn’t so much a recording of the same thing, but taking that and tweaking it electronically...to hold out the pitches and layer the fluttering flutes over it.

Of course, the Grievous music is a total mess, and you're right about the changes to it. I just didn't factor this in at all since it's tracked.

Just listening to it, the beginning is still “Drawing Swords” but what is the segment after it from? Where does it go?

"I Am the Senate" + taiko drums.

Eh, the part at 1:15 in the Reel 4 Deconstruction has always sounded natural to me. That's why I think the "Boys into Battle" part isn't tracked, but written into it (similar to the short segment of "Moving Things Along" in the death of Mace sequence).

Could be, or 4M2 was just a placeholder for music that Williams intended to write, but was never able to because of special effects development.

The entrance of General Grevious... Perhaps the music we have for "General Grevious" is meant elsewhere then... but that begs the question... where...

Indeed - John Takis figured this one out recently. If you watch the deleted scene that presents an alternative introduction of Grievous, you'll notice that "The Elevator Scene" (which starts with Shaak Ti's death) fits it beat-for-beat. You'll even hear some unreleased music that's not found anywhere else as Obi-Wan and Anakin begin their journey through the fuel ducts. However, the rest of the scene incorporates oddly tracked/edited music, so I assume that Williams wrote for a cut in which the fuel ducts scene is omitted, and we skip straight to the elevator. Note that this entire scene is a different presentation of Grievous, meaning the bridge scene from the film probably would not have been used in addition.

I still wonder if the General Grevious version heard in the opening of the film and tracked again in the battle with obi-wan is an alternate shortened version.... it's strange that they're heard the same way in two places... which is why I wonder if it isn't something that existed that way already

Just one question. Is the Ep 3 OST you're making going to have any sfx or dialogues whatsoever. Because I happen to have a complete version made by this very good friend of mine and some of the tracks have sfx/dialogues playing as echoes in some tracks. Like take Anakin vs. Dooku for example. Sometimes you can hear the lightsabers and you hear Dooku say "You have hate, you have anger. But you don't use them." But they're just echoes. However there are some tracks that are a bit off. If you want more info about this let me know if i can help out in any way.

Well... I have managed to remove almost all of the voice echoes because of the German DVD rip... there are sound effects --which is inherent in a dvd rip... but so far, it hasn't been that bad at all. I'm really excited about Episode III...and I think it will be well recieved.

Episode II on the other hand will have a significant amount of both... which is just how it is...

Is there a way (just for convenience) that when you release a final track list, you can note which ones contain SFX or dialogue? If that's too much trouble, don't worry about it, we'll find out one way or another.

I'm not sure why you ask ...

If you want the complete score, then download what I make. If you want something without sound effects, ask Cerrabore for his edit...

I can make a list of what has dvd rip material in it... but I don't see the point...

I can make a list of what has dvd rip material in it... but I don't see the point...

I wasn't aware Cerrabore had done his own edit. Don't take it as an insult, GM, I think you've been doing fantastic work.