My Top 10 Songs: 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's

Sandor

On 3FM it's not too bad, though I got sick of Coldplay's Talk really really fast.  

Of course Roald loves that shit.

No I don't. Talk may be my least favorite Coldplay song. The fact that it is based on a motif created by Kraftwork may have something to do with it.

I'm exposed to pop music on 3FM for some 7 hours and 25 minutes a day

That doesn't explain you knowing intricate details on Linda Perry though...

This does not make me old!

I think 'being old' is more a heart condition, a state of mind, than an age factor. I have friends who are over 40, but are very vibrant and open to new things. However, I also know 20 year olds who have basically stopped living. Always complaining and all. Blah...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just been told that I've been very effusive around here latelly, whatever that means...

So i'll indulge my self in replying to this thread.

I love popular music, and popular songs, mostly those from the american musical theatre of the 30's, 40's and 50's. You know, Rodgers, Gershwin, Porter and all of those guys.

I won't go intod etail, has which are my favourite songs from teh 60's and one, but will tell which bands and singers I particular love, and have been listening quiet a lot latelly.

Toto are on top of the list, mainly The Seventh One album, that by the way features Joseph Williams as lead singer.

Also love Peter Cetera, Billy Joel, and some Paul Simon. I enjoy a lot Genesis from the late 70's until the mid 80's.

Love deply Carly Simon. "My Romance" cd has been having a lot of playing time latelly.

Also love Paul Simon's Graceland, but haven't listened to it in a long time.

Paul Simon's Graceland is one of the best records from the 80's!

I like Toto too! Home Of The Brave from the album you mentioned... ! Wow...! :)

Dire Straits, Depeche Mode, Megadeth, Nine Inch Nails, Sisters of Mercy, Morphine, Dream Theater, Suicidal Tendencies.

Oh, and Led Zepellin.

One can see how your tates can embrace so diverse styles...

Good for you! :)

I love popular music, and popular songs, mostly those from the american musical theatre of the 30's, 40's and 50's. You know, Rodgers, Gershwin, Porter and all of those guys.

I like songs written in that style, too. It's just that, while Gershwin was a genius writing orchestral music, I have a little problem with his songs - perhaps it's because of Ira's lyrics or something but they just don't seem to click with me (I'll cut the head off anybody who even hums "The Man I Love" in my presence). Rodgers I can take, as long as he doesn't try to "touch" the listener's emotions - I'd be very happy to shove the sheet music to "Getting to Know You" up his ass. In any other case, I am very fond of all of South Pacific and "Shall We Dance". Even "Goodbye Young Lovers" or whatever the title goes.

Porter is hit and miss. Sometimes his lyrics are filled with amazing wit, and others you go down to cliché. The music can be repetitive, or it can be a classic. Thank God for Ella Fitzgerald. I know Porter does.

-Ross, who's been more into classic rock these past few years.