Naxos has reissued its Richard Hayman Star Wars Suite

tjguitar

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but it seems Naxos has re-issued it's CD of Star Wars and other Sci Fi Music by Richard Hayman's Orchestra.

The 2001 track is kind of cool in a jazzy sort of way and I like the battlestar galactica arrangement but the star wars tracks aren't that great.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Other-Sci-.../dp/B000H4VZ9E/

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had ,a long time ago (!) on LP, I didn't know if there is a CD release of that "thing", the face B is 2001 Stereo space odyssey with Douglas Gamley ( TRON) conducting R.Strauss and some W.Holcomb planets, 3 or 4 tracks ...

Naxos is also in iTunes - couldn't resist, downloaded it - it's delightfully bad in spots and not so bad in others - the action part of THE BATTLE is better than the Gerhard version, and includes the missing segment from the Zubin Mehta version (best one IMHO), so one could edit it in if one wanted to, I think.

The Colin Frechter/London Phil is by far the best of the worst - it's truly amazing how bad it is, and how much fun it is to listen to. I have it somewhere, maybe a distrib could be arranged somehow for those curious to hear it - is it commercially available now?

The Colin Frechter/London Phil is by far the best of the worst - it's truly amazing how bad it is, and how much fun it is to listen to. I have it somewhere, maybe a distrib could be arranged somehow for those curious to hear it - is it commercially available now?

I don't think it's available, but that's probably for the best. :(

Varese Sarabande have done 2 CDs very hard to find : Morton Gould conduct Starwars ( and other music ) and Seiji Ozawa Conducts 2001 Space Odyssey, who have those recording ???

I have the Morton Gould one on CD-R. The lp pops up on eBay ocasionally.

I had once the Osawa disc on my hand, and failed to buy it, and regret it to this day...