Indiana Jones DVD's announced!

tpigeon

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope they release the soundtracks with them! :) The fact that Raiders recently went out of print makes that more likely.

i was beginning to notice that i couldn't find that on the sheleves anywhere, Morn. and i think you're right that the soundtrack releases for the other two are more likely. one can only hope that they'll be out in no more than a year. hopefully sooner.

tpigeon- hopeful as always

I really hope they release the soundtracks with them!  :) The fact that Raiders recently went out of print makes that more likely.

That's what I've always been saying. Raiders is OOP, ToD's rights reportedly reverted back to Lucasfilm a while ago....they can't release the DVDs and ignore the scores, can they?

Marian - optimistic.

:music. Rambo III (Jerry Goldsmith)

I really hope they release the soundtracks with them!  :) The fact that Raiders recently went out of print makes that more likely.

Why? It's not like you are going to BUY them or anything? :)

I am quite content seeing my favorite film, Raiders of the Lost Ark, once a year in a theater. I've been able to do it at least once a year since 1999, and I'm going again on October 5th to see it for the first time theatrically this year. I have the widescreen LD and I'm sure I'll get an eventual DVD of this, but for now, my annual theatrical viewings are holding me over.

Neil

Chrusher, that comment makes no sense in this context.

You'll just download them, so why do you care if they are officially released?

once a year theatrically, is this your own private viewing or something in a booth or is it released every year?

Umm, so I can download a remastered version with more music, isn't that obvious? Go back to your cave  :roll:

Go back to jail, punk.

Great i bought raiders this years for twice the price a normal CD and now they release it again...

Well how much is it left on the Raiders expanded? do you think they will expand it more?

I hope they expand Doom and Crusade....

Hmm, as far as I know, only one 6 minute track.

then i got it : :)

that is the part when Indy and marion are on the well of the souls? there is no indy fanfare there... or is is the part where salah and indy get the ark?

THANK ...... YOU ........... GOD!!!!!!

:D beerchug :mrgreen: :wiggle:

too bad its not until 2003, but at least now we know they are coming.

I wonder why Lucas did this? Was he feeling especially generous lately?

Well how much is it left on the Raiders expanded? do you think they will expand it more?

There are only a few missing cues from the Raiders CD that I know of.

There's the scene where Indy shows the government agents the picture of the Ark. Also missing is the scene with the dates being poisoned and when the monkey dies. Also never released on CD was the second half of the Well of the Souls, though that did appear on DCC's even more expanded LP. Finally the music where Indy topples the statue and the subsequent escape from the Well of the Souls has never been released.

Neil

Great i bought raiders this years for twice the price a normal CD and now they release it again....

Where did you read that they are re-releasing the Raiders CD? All I can find on this thread is a rumor about a possible DVD release in one year... :roll:

Well how much is it left on the Raiders expanded?

About 12 minutes.

do you think they will expand it more?

I'm sure they will release whe full score eventually.

I hope they expand Doom and Crusade....

They'll expand them all :mrgreen:

I'm sure they will release whe full score eventually.

:mrgreen: i asked if they'll do before buying the score and everyone told me run for IT!.... well... as long as it is one CD only....

Do you think JP and the Lost world would have a full score someday? I was going to buy them soon...

There are only a few missing cues from the Raiders CD that I know of.

Neil

Actually...these are all readily available on my expanded edition. :mrgreen:

It is complete.

Actually...these are all readily available on my expanded edition. :mrgreen:

It is complete.

Where did you rip the cues from?

Neil

Again...i got it from a trader many years ago. I have NO idea where he got it from...but they are sans sound effects or dialogue. The one cue is from the LP album version which I've cleaned up to match the CD quality.

Again...i got it from a trader many years ago. I have NO idea where he got it from...but they are sans sound effects or dialogue. The one cue is from the LP album version which I've cleaned up to match the CD quality.

Was I right though? Are those the only cues missing, or do you have some unused cues as well?

Neil

Was I right though? Are those the only cues missing, or do you have some unused cues as well?

Neil

This is the track listing that I took from my post in the Traders Forum.

CD1 (TOTAL- 53:23 )

1. Main Title: South America, 1936 (4:10)

2. In The Idol’s Temple (5:26)

3. Flight From Peru (2:20)

4. Government Agents (1:08)*

5. Journey To Nepal (2:11)

6. The Medallian (2:55)

7. To Cairo (1:29)

8. The Basket Game (5:04)

9. The Poisoning (:50)*

10. Bad Dates (:25)*

11. The Map Room: Dawn (3:52)

12. Reunion and The Dig Begins (4:10)

13. The Well of the Souls (5:28)

14. Discovery of the Ark (6:01)**

15. Through The Wall (1:06)*

16. The Mummy Cave (2:05)*

17. Airplane Fight (4:37)

CD2 (TOTAL- 52:02)

1. Desert Chase (8:15)

2. Marion’s Theme (2:08)

3. The German Sub/To The Nazi Hideout (4:32)

4. Ark Trek (1:33)

5. The Miracle of the Ark (6:05)

6. The Warehouse (:56)

7. End Credits (6:06)

8. The Raiders March (3:08)

9. Desert Chase (Original Soundtrack Version) (7:43)

10. Through The Wall (Version 2) (:42)*

11. Raiders of the Lost Ark (5:21)

12. Unused Music (:10)*

13. Marion’s Theme (Original Soundtrack Version)

14. The Raiders March (Edit) (2:12)

*= unreleased

**= 1995 vinyl re-release

Whoa!! :wow:  

So like the sound quality is good and everything?

Justin -Who's favorite score of all time is Raiders and I must have every note!! :mrgreen:

The quality on the LP transfer is a 9.5 out of 10. The rest of the unreleased tracks is i'd say 6.5-7. Better than the unreleased Last Crusade stuff. I'd give that a 4-5. But i'm a picky SOB. Definitely a good listen and very complete.

There's the scene where Indy shows the government agents the picture of the Ark.

Which is amazing and certainly worth having. One of the best mysterious statements of the theme.

Also never released on CD was the second half of the Well of the Souls, though that did appear on DCC's even more expanded LP.

Finally the music where Indy topples the statue and the subsequent escape from the Well of the Souls has never been released.

Which together with that Ark theme statement are clearly worth the price for an expanded release.

Marian - who just got that CD today. :D

:mrgreen: Raiders of the Lost Ark (complete)

Which together with that Ark theme statement are clearly worth the price for an expanded release.

Interesting...people aren't supposed to be trading that out.

Can I ask how you got it??

I agree with Ricard,

this is just a rumor.

Its far more likely that LucasFilms would be the one announcing the DVD's not Paramount at some obscure French event with little fanfare.

Besides the original Star Wars Trilogy, the Indiana Jones films are the most sought dvds right now.

Joe, who saw the Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark video tape at Best Buy yesterday. :mrgreen: It took 6 valium and a strong blow to the base of my neck to get me to calm down after that.

I think it's a false information. I don't believe the date, neither the special features: very few for such a long time to prepare them (amongst other reasons, it's Lucasfilm's most important jewell after SW, and moreover, they would be the ones who would give the information, etc.)

I think, hope, wish it was false. Indiana Jones film deserve the best, and that's not the best.

Interesting...people aren't supposed to be trading that out.

Can I ask how you got it??

Well, you are the one who distributed several copies of the 2CD set, as one can assume from your posts at the Trading Board. And you should know that once a copy of a home-made bootleg leaves your house, anything can happen. So I wouldn't be surprised if one of these days a 'professional looking' copy of 'your' 2CD set hits the pages of Ebay or the shelves of a soundtrack retailer. Furthermore, I'm sure it'll happen.

Yes well, to say Home Made is assuming that it's one of these pointless releases from a DVD or something with sound effects/dialogue.

This is from the original masters.

But I guess because there are people from these boards getting the cd's, i was hoping they would actually have wanted to trade from the source. Plus, I also would have hoped that the people I traded with wouldn't go publicizing this as something of "theirs."

What can you do? Can't control human nature. And it wasn't "mine" to begin with. Just would have appreciated people being a little less selfish with it.

Marian got his opy from me, when we traded you nevber said anything about others not being allowed to pass on this boot.

I gave it to Marian as a gift since he has so helpfull in ordering The Fury for several people in my country.

I'm sure i'll pass the boot along to a few other friends of mine.

Some for free, some for trade.

I NEVER sell bootlegs fot any kind of profit what so ever, nor do I send them to people i suspect will do so.

but like Ricard i'm sure some will take advantage of your kindness to make money by selling it to some poor SOB who doesnt know about this place.

Stefancos- :mrgreen:

Its far more likely that LucasFilms would be the one announcing the DVD's not Paramount at some obscure French event with little fanfare.

You got it right, except that the Dauville Film Festival is not 'some obscure French event with little fanfare', but the most important non-US festival exclusively devoted to American Film.

Yes well, to say Home Made is assuming that it's one of these pointless releases from a DVD or something with sound effects/dialogue.

In my opinion, the term 'home-made' has nothing to do with the original source of the unreleased cues or with the sound quality. It means that the 'creator' compiles, edits, fixes and sequences the tracks, and perhaps creates an artwork :mrgreen:

You got it right, except that the Dauville Film Festival is not 'some obscure French event with little fanfare', but the most important non-US festival exclusively devoted to American Film.

True to his nature and his nationality, Joe is completely unaware of everything happening outside US borders.

Please don't ever change Joe, thanks to people like you i can feel like i'm more then i am.

Stefancos- :mrgreen:

Like I said some obscure French event, to those of us ignorant of happenings outside the U.S.A.

Plus even though I admit my ignorance, this still isn't the proper venue to make an annoucement of such importance to the dvd community.

And Stefan, give me a break, I have all of Arkansas, plus 49 other states to worry about, before I can even begin to worry about the rest of the world.

Joe, understanding why God has to let some prayers go unanswered, this place is so big.

I have all of Arkansas, plus 49 other states to worry about, before I can even begin to worry about the rest of the world.

That's an absurd excuse. Just admit that you're one of those who don't give a damn about the rest of the World. Which is, needless to say, very, very sad.

And Stefan, give me a break, I have all of Arkansas, plus 49 other states to worry about, before I can even begin to worry about the rest of the world.

Joe, understanding why God has to let some prayers go unanswered, this place is so big.

But of course.

And yet, you do have time to study shark attacks in Nowheresville, RW (Rest of the World).

See, that fact, so unlike foreign news, is interesting. I'll let Crusher reply to the God comment.

-ROSS, who just visited his homeland USA and has grown very disenchated with American people's views towards the outside world (or lack thereof).

But this is no place to discuss it.