My Complete AI Score Edit

GoodMusician

So, I just pumped this out in the past few hours...

Surprised? So am I...

I was talking in the other thread about AI, and it was brought up that we shoudl follow the track listing giveen on the main site...well, that's really wrong...

So I went abck and decided to do my own version...

Unfortunately, there was some confusion because the promo copy I got was just that...a copy... and they had moved all the tracks in order already so when the edit says "track 6 on disk 2"that means nothing to me... but I checked the times and the titles and figured it out.

So far this is my track list: (Final Track List A Few Posts Down)

Disk 1: (1:02:33)

01) Cybertronics - [3:28]

02) The Arrival of David - [2:42] (note: film version is an EDIT of 'A Hard Decision' and the end to the alternate to this cue)

03) A Few Simple Procedures - [2:37] (note: 'Intro to' is the end of this track...and is...well, available)

04) Hide and Seek - [3:23]

05) Imprinting Protocol - [3:59] (note: the film version is edited to hold ouot notes longer... but this is available)

06) A New Life - Teddy, The Super-Toy - [4:10]

07) Martin Returns - [2:01]

08) A Bird - [2:14]

09) Bedtime Stories - [1:31]

10) The Dinner - [0:58]

11) The Haircut - [3:45]

12) The Pool - [1:39]

13) A Hard Decision - [3:26]

14) I Have to Leave you Here - [1:51]

15) Abandoned in the Woods (Film) - [2:00]

16) The Moon Rising - [3:25]

17) Shake Down, Shabby Town - [0:49]

18) Capturing Meca - [1:41]

19) Pictures of David - [2:17]

20) Joe's Expertise - [0:43]

21) All Roads Lead to Rouge - [0:23]

22) To Rouge City - [3:30]

23) Rouge City (Source) - [1:45]

24) Dr Know (Source) - [1:45]

25) Come Away of Human Child (Unused) - [1:27]

26) They Hate Us - [2:06]

Disk 2:(57:01)

01) This is Not A Toy - [0:31]

02) Man-Hatten - [5:14]

03) Lets Be Friends - [6:28]

04) Replicas - [5:56]

05) Search for the Blue Fairy (Album) - [6:12]

06) Stored Memories (Film) - [4:35]

07) The Blue Fairy - [7:07]

08) David and the Supermeca - [3:59]

09) The Reunion (Film) - [7:46]

10) End Credits - [4:23]

11) For Always (Solo) - [4:44]

Disc 3: (53:22)

01) AI Trailer Music - [1:41]

02) For Always (Live) - [5:48]

03) Sleeping Beauty Waltz - [3:54]

04) Martin Returns (Alternate) - [1:27]

05) Abandoned in the Woods (Album) - [3:07]

06) I Only Have Eyes For You (Joe Source) - [1:36]

07) City Music (Source) - [1:29]

08) Guys and Dolls (Joe Source) - [2:54]

09) What About Us? (Source) - [5:52]

10) Dead Practice (Source) -

11) Cheeck to Cheek (Joe Source) - [3:05]

12) Search for the Blue Fairy (Film) - [5:44]

13) Stored Memories (Alternate) - [4:58]

14) The Reunion (Alternate) - [7:00]

15) For Always (Duet) - [4:36]

16) Une Chanson Douce -

Seeing as I've been working onthis over the past... 8 hours? I still havn't aquired all the source cues but I've found most and am waiting for them to downlaod ::shh::

Once they're done, I'll upload the now 3 disk set with the rest that I've done.

EDIT: Oh, and if anyone happends to have the source cues on disk 3 (the asterisc'ed ones) and are willing to share, I would be more than welcome to it hehe! pm me if you do

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Extremely good work! :|

There is a cue that was unused in the film but which should be between the cues the Dinner and the Haircut. It is called 'It Doesn't Hurt'/Neither Flesh Nor Blood on my version. It is in the scene after the dinner when the technicians are removing the food from the David's insides.

Also there doesn't seem to be a mention of Tchaikovsky's Sleeping Beauty waltz in your source music list. That is heard in the cryogenic institute scene in the beginning of the film as Monica reads to Martin.

Otherwise your list seems thorough. Excellent work! ;)

AH yes...sleeping beauty...

I was going by what Yahoo said and I completely forgot about the waltz... I'll have to pop in the dvd and check to see which recording it is...

As for your missing cue... are you sure it's not sourced music?

If I remmeber, the beginning of "The Haircut" has some sort of Harp ditty over it...

There is another source cue that I'm apparently missing:

Une Chanson Douce

Maurice Pon and Henri Salvador

I have no idea when it's played...Celine Dion did a version I'm told but... eh... lol

Sorry my bad :oops: I confused few track names on my set. You are correct, the Neither Flesh and Blood track corresponds to the track They Hate Us on your set.

You think maybe the Sleeping Beauty Waltz was a recording done by the LSO in 1994? It's probably best to get that.

I got a version of "I only have Eyes for you" sung by the right guy, but it's adifferent version... it doesn't have the cheesy women in the background (but they're soo great cheesy!) ...so I'm tempted to wait until I get the ACTUAL one...

I got the Flesh Fair source... but I can only find one...but I don't remember ever hearing any other song so...not sure if it matters.

I normally have all the source music in chronological order and such... but this time, i felt that the source music would take away from the listening experience.

For example, right after "Abandoned in the Woods" would come "I only have Eyes for you" and then "City Source" and then "Guys and Dolls"and then "Moon on the Rise."

There's jsut enough time in the film that passes that its ok, but listening to it on the cd, it would be a very jarring experience.

I do have some of the source in it's correct place such as "Dr Know Source" and such... but I decided to move most to disk two but when it wouldn't fit, I simply moved it to disk 3.

Ok, so I've finished editing and I'm about 2 minutes from finishing the upload. If you want it, let me know (pm me).

The final track list is as follows:

Disk 1: (1:02:33)

01) Cybertronics - [3:28]

02) The Arrival of David (Alternate) - [2:42]

03) A Few Simple Procedures - [2:37]

04) Hide and Seek - [3:23]

05) Imprinting Protocol - [3:59]

06) A New Life / Teddy, The Super-Toy - [4:10]

07) Martin Returns - [2:01]

08) A Bird - [2:14]

09) Bedtime Stories - [1:31]

10) The Dinner - [0:58]

11) The Haircut - [3:45]

12) The Pool - [1:39]

13) A Hard Decision - [3:26]

14) I Have to Leave you Here - [1:51]

15) Abandoned in the Woods (Film) - [2:00]

16) The Moon Rising - [3:25]

17) Shake Down, Shabby Town - [0:49]

18) Capturing Meca - [1:41]

19) Pictures of David - [2:17]

20) Joe's Expertise - [0:43]

21) All Roads Lead to Rouge - [0:23]

22) To Rouge City - [3:30]

23) Rouge City (Source) - [1:45]

24) Dr Know (Source) - [4:30]

25) Come Away of Human Child (Unused) - [1:27]

Disk 2:(58:47)

01) This is Not A Toy - [0:31]

02) Man-Hatten - [5:14]

03) Lets Be Friends - [6:28]

04) Replicas - [5:56]

05) Search for the Blue Fairy (Album) - [6:12]

06) City Under Ice - [4:35]

07) Stored Memories - [4:58]

08) The Blue Fairy - [7:07]

09) David and the Supermeca - [3:59]

10) The Reunion (Film) - [7:46]

11) End Credits - [4:23]

12) For Always (Solo) - [4:44]

Disc 3: (108:27)

01) AI Trailer Music - [1:41]

02) For Always (Live) - [5:48]

03) Sleeping Beauty Waltz - [3:54]

04) Martin Returns (Partial Film Version) - [1:27]

05) Abandoned in the Woods (Album) - [3:07]

06) I Only Have Eyes For You (Joe Source) - [1:36]

07) City Music (Source) - [1:29]

08) Guys and Dolls (Joe Source) - [2:54]

09) What About Us? (Fleshfair Source) - [5:52]

10) Cheeck to Cheek (Joe Source) - [3:05]

----Suite from Der Rosenkavalier----

11) I Con motto agitato - [6:33]

12) II Tempo di Valse, assai comodo da primo - [5:21]

13) III Sempre pui lento, Moderato molto sostenuto - [5:31]

14) IV Quick Waltz, Molto con moto - [2:19]

---

15) Search for the Blue Fairy (Film) - [5:44]

16) The Reunion (Alternate) - [7:00]

17) For Always (Duet) - [4:36]

I have just noticed that I accidently let one of my editing files getinto the mix...

"Let's Be Friends" is incorrect. I'm reuploading the new packets,and if you just want that file, It will be available separate at the same index link... I can't upload it at the moment but I will within the hour so if you've already downloaded it, check on there in a bit and download that file to fix it.

If anyone notices any other errors let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey GoodMusician, I had a question, did you equalize or mix anything, or worked on any hiss or something like you did with Star Wars? Or did you use the tracks from the promo as they came? (apart from your editing)?

Why did you place this here? Do you think it's an alternate to what's in the film? (It's not the same cue)

I think it should be placed where the cue list says it belongs- you can hear the end piano part in the film I think, then it segues to the Haircut.

What's in the film is an edit of several other tracks if memory serves. It is not an alternate because what's there isn't a real track.

As far as remixing, yes, I remixed everything...re-equalized everything as I did with star wars. I mostly widened and made it more prominant.

As for that piano part going into the haircut, as I've mentioned before, they tracked a lot of music. That, I'm pretty sure, is just another tracked piece.

... no...

Sleeping Beauty Waltz is the walts heard when Monica reads to Martin in the Cryostasis Chamber.

What Kubrick wanted was the Rosenkavalier Waltz (sp?). Its good that you mention that as I may put that on here as well.

It's heard in the film over JW's music in "To Rouge City."

I thought you all might be interested but after some debate, I've decided to move a track from Disk 3 ( "Stored Memories (Alternate)" ) to disk 2 after what Had been called "Stored Memories (Film)" which I'm now calling "City Under Ice."

I think this is truly how it was meant to be. Also because it was asked, I'm looking into getting a recording of Der Rosenkavalier Waltz to add in on disk 3 (which strangely enough would go in the same position as "Stored Memories (Alternate)" was.)

Also, since it's no longer an alternate, it's just Stored Memories now.

I've found a 4 piece suite of music from Der Rosenkavalier. If you havn't heard the Opera, it is absolutely gorgous, and I would feel I'd be doing an injustice if I didn't include the entire suite on this site. I found a brilliant performance of it so I'm including all 4 movements of this suite. It's amazing.

I'm not sure if it's because it's straus, but there are definately some influences in AI from this music. So it seems worth it to include it all.

If you want it, I'm gonna reupload disk 2 and 3 with the corrected track names and moved tracks so simply download disk 3 again.

Incidentally, I found that the beginning of the Under the Ice sequence was very similar to an empire of the sun cue. Which I loved but it was far too short; so great that the material is reprised here.

I've found a 4 piece suite of music from Der Rosenkavalier. If you havn't heard the Opera, it is absolutely gorgous, and I would feel I'd be doing an injustice if I didn't include the entire suite on this site. I found a brilliant performance of it so I'm including all 4 movements of this suite. It's amazing.

Is it possible, to get the suite from Der Rosenkavalier alone, without downloading the whole disc 3?

Thanks