Lalo Schifrin

Joni Wiljami

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schifrin did a film score concert right here in Vienna some ten years back, even including Star Wars. Noob that I was, I'd never heard of Schifrin, so I decided that the SW performance would probably suck anyway and didn't go. Stupid me. Apparently, he's done a few of concerts in Austria over the years.

Oh, and Nyman seems to have stopped coming here as well. And no local Glass world premiere in years.

Please let us know what your impressions of Lalo Schifrin are, Hornist. He is one of my favourite composers, although I must confess that I do not have any of his Jazz Meets the Symphony albums (I think he has done four or five so far).

I second Greg's demand - complete programme list, please! ;)

Damien

Do you still think that, Marian?

I flew to London three times because of Jerry Goldsmith. Does that answer your question? ;)

hornist: Bummer. :) Obviously, he also had to cancel the last concert I attended in London at the last minute. Brossé stepped in and conducted a great concert though. I'll never forget how, during the applause, he stepped down from the podium and just held the score high in the air.

Some unconfirmable rumour has it that Buysoundtrax is going to release Schifrin's score for Starflight One in late november or december this year. Source for this is doubtful though.

• 2 months later...