John Williams video clips during ET ride

Eric_JWFAN

I was at Universal Studios Florida today, and while waiting in line for the E.T. ride, monitors throughout the queue area played various interviews with the actors and crew. Among them was about a 3 minute segment showing JW playing ET music at the piano while Spielberg talked about the music writiing process. Has anyone seen this and is it available somewhere?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I remember seeing that video. It was cool, because they showed a clip of the recording session. I, too, think it's on the DVD.

~Tyler, who thinks the music is the best part about some of Universal's rides.

Yeah, I remember seeing that video.  It was cool, because they showed a clip of the recording session.  I, too, think it's on the DVD.  

I just don't remember seeing JW play the piano in the SE DVD. I wish I could check, but my SE DVD has been with a long distance relative for a few years now. I really should ask her to mail it back. LOL

There is a clip of John Williams playing some music at the piano for Steven Spielberg on the Bonus Disc of the Special Edition of E.T. It's nice to hear him play something he wrote while he's still working on it, and see Spielberg reacting to it.

I think you can watch those videos on You tube...check the YouTube thread for the link...

At least that's where I first saw it,my E.T. DVD is missing the music featurette of the Box Set.

K.M.

Hearing Williams play that music on the piano for Spielberg is an amazing thing to watch..it's the initial union between such a classic film and score, before they were classics or popular at all. Very special to see, and definitely my favorite feature on that set.

Ray Barnsbury

I was actually just watching the making of the King Kong score, which I absolutely adore. But what sucks to me is that you never see Peter Jackson standing and talking with James Newton Howard. They both talk through a video feed via satellite and make no relationship between the film and score. Both are still quite awesome and deserved oscar-noms.