Home Alone (I and II) Complete Scores

GoodMusician

Hey everyone, I just finished watching Home Alone and making notes of all the music used (and I do mean all).

I also went through what has been released and made notes of that as well. I havn't finished going through the DVD but some of the menus have some clean intros to tracks so I'm gonna be ripping those as well.

Right now, I'm working on Home Alone I but I'd also like to do a check on Home Alone II as there is at least one cue missing from the album but is on another set I bought... the song that Kevin sings with the choir before they all fall down.

Anyways, Here is Home Alone I

Complete Cue Breakdown:

01) 20TH Century Fox Fanfare

02) Main Title

03) Pack Your Suitcase

04) Source Music

05) Old Man Marley

06) Source Music

07) Its In Good Hands

08) Overnight (menu) *The House 1:31

09) Holiday Flight

10) Hit The Road Kid

11) Making the Flight (Alternate)

12) Run Run Rudolph performed by Chuck Barry

13) Is This a Joke? 1:40 of Man of the House

14) Cars Still Here 2:57 of Man of the House

15) Kevin’s Wish 3:20 of Man of the House to 3:44 -clean end on DVD.

16) Kevin Goes Wild

17) Death Snare (check deleted scene)

18) Junk Food and Video Tapes

19) Angels with Dirty Souls (Source)

20) Sleigh Rides Down Stairs (Scammed by Kider– 0:00-0:44

21) True Identities

22) Christmas Lights

23) Mr Grinch (Source)

24) First Attempt

#) Arrival in France (Possibly Sourced from an Alternate "Making the Flight"

25) I’m not Afraid Anymore 3:48 of Man of the House (DVD opening)

26) Knocking at the Door

27) Please Come Home For Christmas

28) Buzz’s life Savings 2:48-End Scammed by a Kinder-

29) Silver Tuna Tonight

30) Marley in the Store

31) Criminal (Man of the House) 1:40

32) Follow That Kid

33) Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree (Source)

34) Pizza Boy Source

35) Goodnight Kevin

36) White Christmas

37) Hark the Herald (Store Source)

38) Kevin’s First Load (Partially Unused)

39) Checking out the House

40) Jingle Bells (Source)

41) Joy to the World (Source)

42) Scammed by a Kindergartner 0:42-1:32

43) Voyeur Ornaments 1:32-2:47

44) Deck The Halls Polka (Source)

45) Somewhere in my Memory

46) O Holy Night (Source)

47) Star Of Bethlehem (Source) -Film Alternate Orchestration

48) Star Of Bethlehem (Album)

49) Carol of the Bells (Source)

50) Setting the Trap

51) The Attack on the House I 0:00-1:25

52) The Attack on the House II

53) The Attack on the House III

54) The Attack on the House IV 1:25-3:28 (Partially Unused)

55) Tree Houses and Spiders 3:28-4:44 (Partially Unused)

56) Come Get Me 4:45-5:55

57) Back to the other House 5:56

58) Lets Get You Home

59) Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

60) Christmas Morning 0:00-0:46 pause 0:46-1:05 (DVD Ending) Mom Returns

61) Mom Returns1:05-2:35

62) Finale 2:35-End

63) We Wish You A Merry Christmas (Instrumental)

64) We Wish You A Merry Christmas (Album)

65) End Credits I 1:10-1:55

66) Somewhere In My Memory 1:55-End

Bold denotes it is on the Album

This is listed as a Source but I did not find it in the film...

Santa Clause is Coming to Town

Anyways, I'm gonna rip this latter and post my findings then. Until Then, I need to find Home Alone 2 on dvd.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why even do a Home Alone 2 complete score? The Varese Deluxe Edition (which is still available to buy from Varese) for Home Alone 2 is the most complete deal for that score you'll ever get.

I did notice that myself. Most of the cues that were of real interest were included on the album...they were all pretty short.

I did notice, however, that the film version of "Star Of Bethlehem" had an extra instrument in it.. hand bells or some such thing... if you watch the DVD and listen to the left-front channel I believe it was, you can hear it.

Makes you wonder why such a tiny thing was changed. It doesn't sound like a re-recording eaither...

And if you listen to the album, it's not that it's hidden...it's just not there. So that'll be an interesting addition.

Should make for an easy enough rip. There arn't too many big cues missing, and most seem to be pretty clean.

I havn't seen this film in forever and I'd forgotten most of the film. The burglars breaking in was always something the movie played off of, but it was less than 15 minutes of the film (the actual act). And it didn't do much in the way of introducing the family...

Oh well... I'll keep you all updated.

I noticed that the main website doesn't include the "Home Alone Christmas Album" as something that can be baught. That's where I got "My Christmas Tree" from the second film. It's on there...

Something that the Varese release neglected.

That Christmas Tree song at the beginning of "Home Alone 2" was not by John Williams (it was Alan Menken I think) which could be why it was not on the Varese CD.

Also, number 9 in the above list, "Holiday Flight," is not what was in the film, if what you are referring to is the track on the OST with that title. That track is actually one of several separately recorded components for the end credits. The cue in the film starting with the family waking up and saying "We slept in!" and ending as they exit the house is unreleased and none of it is on the soundtrack album. The "Hit the Road, Kid" music is part of that one cue. "Making the Plane" was not used in the film; it is what Williams wrote for the scene in which "Run, Rudolph, Run" was used instead.

Maybe because it's incomplete?

You say that as if it's common knowledge. Varese has touted the Home Alone 2 set as complete, and this is the first time I can think of that anyone has disputed that claim, so... what's actually missing?

Christmas Tree is in fact by Menken, and the reason for not being on the Varese release. Though is a nice song, is hardly as good as Williams own songs.

And when you're done with the ripping and editing, I want to have this one :)

I did notice, however, that the film version of "Star Of Bethlehem" had an extra instrument in it.. hand bells or some such thing... if you watch the DVD and listen to the left-front channel I believe it was, you can hear it.

The orchestral version of "Star of Bethlehem" on the OS isn't anywhere in the film, right? I always thought that was one of the best pieces written by Williams -- pity it's not heard in the film.

Christmas Tree is in fact by Menken, and the reason for not being on the Varese release. Though is a nice song, is hardly as good as Williams own songs.

Did he write it for the film?

That fantastic orchestral version of "Star of Bethlehem" is just one of those cases where Williams came up with a theme and wrote a self-contained piece to showcase it. According to Neil's interviews for "Goodbye, Mr. Chips" Leslie Bricusse wrote the lyrics after Williams did the themes, but I didn't think it worked adding a chorus to that orchestral version for the "Home Alone 2" album. It worked much better with just the children's choir and organ in the first film.

That fantastic orchestral version of "Star of Bethlehem" is just one of those cases where Williams came up with a theme and wrote a self-contained piece to showcase it.  

Well, that's why we all love him, right? :)

• 9 months later...

Hey all... so wow... this thread is OLD!

Well, I was cleaning off my computer as I have no space on it anymore and I came across this barely attempted project.

Somehow I lost everything I'd done except a few edits that were tucked away and only partially done...

Well, I seriously stayed up all night and decided to do this and I have to say, I'm really happy with it.

The track list has changed a bit... and so I will post that.

Also, when my site is up again, this will be available along with an expansion set for "Home Alone 2" because a few cues are left off of that. I don't have that on DVD yet, so it might be a little while before I do that though...

I decided to do you all a favor. In some of the cues, I did space the cues out to be their correct lengths (adding a little bit of dead air between moments) but in the "Attack on the House" tracks, I decided to REMOVE as much space as I could... this will help in listening and also remove a lot of sound effects...

Its interesting.. the DVD is almost completely clear... and the music sounds so much better than the CD... I had trouble getting the two to mesh at times lol

I also found that "Star of Bethlehem" has two mixes... the film and the album, so I included the Film mix in chronological order and put the album version at the end. Personally I don't mind the film one... but who ever is playing the glock must not have practiced or couldn't see the conductor...OR... maybe it was meant to be a little off like in those James Horner pieces lol...

It also brings out the winds in the mix a little better.

Anyways, if anyone knows of any good interviews, I'm all ears. I'd love to put something on there...

Anyways, the set looks like this:

Home Alone Complete 2 Disc Set

Disc 1 (55:58)

01) Fox Fanfare - [0:15]

02) Main Title - [1:22]

03) Pack Your Suitcase - [0:06]

04) Old Man Marley - [1:17]

05) Harry - [0:13]

06) The House - [1:05]

07) We Slept In! - [1:07]

08) Alone - [1:24]

09) Kevin's Wish - [0:49]

10) Toy Execution - [0:39]

11) Sled Down the Stairs - [0:43]

12) Christmas Lights and Crowbars - [1:27]

13) The First Attempt - [1:24]

14) Arrival in France - [0:52]

15) Not Afraid Anymore - [0:49]

16) The Police Check the House - [0:31]

17) Climbing Shelves - [1:08]

18) Silver Tuna Tonight - [0:33]

19) Marley's Hand - [0:48]

20) Escape From the Store - [1:42]

21) Follow That Kid - [2:18]

22) Kevin's Promise - [0:38]

23) Kevin Grows Up - [0:35]

24) The Second Attempt - [1:02]

25) Scammed by a Kindergartner - [2:17]

26) Somewhere In My Memory (Choir) - [1:04]

27) O Holy Night (Choir) - [2:47]

28) Star of Bethlehem (Film Mix) - [2:58]

29) Carol of the Bells - [1:25]

30) Setting the Trap - [2:16]

31) The Attack on the House I - [1:26]

32) The Attack on the House II - [0:47]

33) The Attack on the House III - [0:47]

34) The Attack on the House IV - [1:06]

35) The Attack on the House V - [2:03]

36) The Tide Turns - [3:35]

37) Marley to the Rescue - [0:29]

38) Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (Film) - [0:59]

39) Reunited - [2:46]

40) Finale - [1:42]

41) We Wish You a Merry Christmas (Instrumental) - [0:15]

42) Holiday Flight - [0:58]

43) End Credits - [3:10]

Disc 2 ( )

# Joy to the World (Airport Source) - [1:01]

# Deck the Halls (Airport Source) - [0:47]

# Jingle Bells (Airport Source) - [0:57]

# Deck the Halls (Polka Source) - [0:32]

# Star of Bethlehem (Album) - [2:58]

# Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (Album) - [0:55]

# It's Christmas All Over Again - [4:15]

# All Alone on Christmas - [4:16]

# Please Come Home For Christmas - [ ]

# White Christmas - [ ]

# Rockin Around the Christmas Tree - [ ]

# Run Run Rudolph - [ ]

# "You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch"

# Santa Claus is Comin' to Town - [ ]

# Have Yourself A Merry Christmas (Film Instrumental) - [3:04]

# We Wish You A Merry Christmas (Choir) - [1:11]

# Star of Bethlehem (Instrumental) - [2:51]

# End Credits Finale - [3:26]

As I type this out, there are a few songs that I need to find that weren't on the Home Alone Christmas Album. There is also a little bit of music from "Angels Without Souls" that I might be able to get a bit of.

I just thought I'd put this out there...

Its nice to listen to a feel good score for the first time in a while heh...

Did he write it for the film?

Yeah.

I'm surprised that the Varese edition is still available. Every time I go on the Varese website I always search for that to see if it's still available. I mean, it's a Williams release and very limited, thought it's still available after several years from the releasing, when usually Williams releases got sold ut in just a few weeks.

I'll check out Home Alone. Don't need Home Alone 2 since I've got the Varese set...don't really care if a vocal song is missing from it. Anyways let us know when the site is back up please. ^_^

I was wondering... there is some music that plays as Kevin runs around the house once he realizes he's alone... and he's "made his family disappear."

It's kinda jazzy but I was curious, is this John Williams music? I'm assuming it is but it might not be. I checked the credits and I can't find anything that remotely seems like it...

I guess I'll have to insert that in...

so my upload site is still down but I did want to give an update.

I've "finished" the set. I put that in quotes because I know the track list but I'm still trying to track down a song... "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch." All I have is the modern one surprisingly lol...

Also, I don't know of any Concert suites or good performances, but if there are any, I'd like to place them on the CD....

I took the liberty of taking the CD tracks and playing with the balancing and I really brought out a phenomenal amount of detail. I really don't think these recordings have ever sounded so good lol

Here's the final Track List

Home Alone Complete 2 Disc Set (1:30:56)

Disc 1 (55:39)

01) Fox Fanfare - [0:15]

02) Main Title - [1:22]

03) Pack Your Suitcase - [0:06]

04) Old Man Marley - [1:17]

05) Harry - [0:13]

06) The House - [1:05]

07) We Slept In! - [1:07]

08) Hello - [1:24]

09) Kevin's Wish - [0:49]

10) I'm Free! - [0:34]

11) Toy Execution - [0:39]

12) Sled Down the Stairs - [0:43]

13) Christmas Lights and Crowbars - [1:27]

14) The First Attempt - [1:24]

15) Arrival in France - [0:52]

16) Not Afraid Anymore - [0:49]

17) The Police Check the House - [0:31]

18) Climbing Shelves - [1:08]

19) Silver Tuna Tonight - [0:33]

20) Marley's Hand - [0:48]

21) Escape From the Store - [1:42]

22) Follow That Kid - [2:18]

23) Kevin's Promise - [0:38]

24) Kevin Grows Up - [0:35]

25) The Second Attempt - [1:02]

26) Scammed by a Kindergartner - [2:17]

27) Somewhere In My Memory (Choir) - [1:04]

28) O Holy Night (Choir) - [2:47]

29) Star of Bethlehem (Film Mix) - [2:58]

30) Carol of the Bells - [1:25]

31) Setting the Trap - [2:16]

32) The Attack on the House I - [1:26]

33) The Attack on the House II - [0:47]

34) The Attack on the House III - [0:47]

35) The Attack on the House IV - [1:06]

36) The Attack on the House V - [2:03]

37) The Tide Turns - [3:35]

38) Marley to the Rescue - [0:29]

39) Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (Film) - [0:59]

40) Reunited - [2:46]

41) Finale - [1:42]

42) We Wish You a Merry Christmas (Instrumental) - [0:15]

43) Holiday Flight - [0:58]

44) End Credits - [3:10]

Disc 2 (35:16)

01) You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch - [ ]

02) Rockin Around the Christmas Tree - [2:09]

03) White Christmas - [2:39]

04) Please Come Home For Christmas - [2:42]

05) Run Run Rudolph - [2:45]

06) Home Alone Feturette - [2:58]

07) Angels With Filthy Souls (Fragment) - [0:07]

08) Have Yourself A Merry Christmas (Film Instrumental) - [3:04]

09) Jingle Bells (Airport Source) - [0:57]

10) Deck the Halls (Airport Source) - [0:47]

11) Joy to the World (Airport Source) - [1:01]

12) Deck the Halls (Polka Source) - [0:32]

13) Star of Bethlehem (Album) - [2:58]

14) Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (Album) - [0:55]

15) We Wish You A Merry Christmas (Choir) - [1:11]

16) Star of Bethlehem (Instrumental) - [2:51]

17) End Credits Finale - [3:26]

Again, if anyone knows of anything I could add or has anything, let me know... otherwise once I get the grinch track, this'll be done. I will upload it but you can't download it until the site is up...which I'll also let you guys know

:-D

Looks good! I don't see the extended concert arrangements of "Somewhere in My Memory" or "Star of Bethlehem" on there, which can both be found at the end of the 2-disc sequel album, as well as the Williams/Pops album Joy to the World. Those would add to the completeness of this set. Also, there are a couple additional versions of "Somewhere in My Memory" I bought last year on iTunes. One is a piano rendition by Michael Chertock on his album Christmas at the Movies, and the other is called "Precious Moments" from Home Alone, on the Cincinnati Pops album Christmastime is Here. Yes, I was on a bit of a holiday music binge. :huh:

Ray Barnsbury

I'd upload it for you, but I bought it from iTunes, and I don't think you'd be able to play it because of the encryption. Unless there's a way to get around it.

Ray Barnsbury

I'd upload it for you, but I bought it from iTunes, and I don't think you'd be able to play it because of the encryption. Unless there's a way to get around it.

Ray Barnsbury

From your music list on iTunes convert track to mp3, and the file you'll get isn't copy protected.

32) The Attack on the House I - [1:26]

33) The Attack on the House II - [0:47]

34) The Attack on the House III - [0:47]

35) The Attack on the House IV - [1:06]

36) The Attack on the House V - [2:03]

Hmmmm.

Ray Barnsbury

From your music list on iTunes convert track to mp3, and the file you'll get isn't copy protected.

Then what on earth is the point of making them copy-protected in the first place if it's that easy to remove?

I've looked at those and I did like those songs... both the piano one and the precious moments

I guess I could put the concert arrangements from the 2 disc set on there but those were recorded for Home Alone 2... I just felt it would be a bit redundant...

the other ones I was tempted to buy...

Isn't it if you burn them to cd, re-save to your computer, then there's no problem... not that I'm asking you to just stating..

And whats with the "hmmm" on the attack on the house cues?

Well, its broken up because the first track is from the album so it's clean.

I split II and III because there was a bit of time between them in the film.

Same with between III and IV...

V is also from the album, so that's why it's a separate track....

it doesn't take much to edit them together if thats REALLY what people want... but what annoys me is that if you have something to say... say it... don't go "hmm" ... it's just annoying...

Well, yeah, sorry. But it won't be possible to effectively edit them together because you'll have faded, remixed and reverberated their endings. Perhaps with these definitive scores such cases could also be presented in "album suites" on the second disc or something where the original mixing of cues is intact.

I did no such thing with the endings of these tracks.

THere is only ONE track that I slightly did that with ( Marley's Hand ) and it was so that Escape from the Store could have the clean opening... but no, you could over lay them if you wanted. They would still work.

Everything else on this set is exactly how it should be and comes either straight from the DVD or from the Album.

Because of the short nature of this score and how short the cues are and incidental, it was easy to split the track seeing as it had numerous moments of silence...

so again, nothing you just said is relevant to this set or these edits.

Well, I used to do that and worked. Maybe in earlier versions of itunes. But I'm preety sure that you can burn the songs into CD-A and then rip them back to the hard disc. In fact, will try that right away.

And it works. Burned the tracks into CD Audio, and then ripped them back to 320 kb mp3s. So Bernie will have more Somewhere in My Memory cover recordings ;)

Problem with that though, is you don't have 320kb mp3's in the truest sense because they were made from whatever highly compressed format itunes uses.

For the price they charge, and storage and bandwidth capacity in this age, I wouldn't buy anything unless it was lossless. Then CD burning would work perfectly.

Way to go GoodMusician!! ;)

I thought about doing a complete score edit for Home Alone, but I never got around to it.

Anyway, I think you have certainly done a better job than I could have, especially with gathering most of the stuff on the second CD of your set. I love the score to this film and I can't wait to hear your edit.

I appreciate the time and effort that you put into your edits...they sound great!!