Home Alone (I and II) Complete Scores

GoodMusician

hey, just wanted to let you all know my FTP is back up. Unfortunately the site address changed slightly so I had to go back and redo all the links in the index but that also means the index address itself changed so if you'd like that, please email me or PM me.

I'm currently recompiling disc 2 as Miguel has found some interesting performances. Disc 1, however is up.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all, I just finished compiling disc 2. It's actually a lot longer than I thought lol... Thanks to Miguel and everyone else who helped me compile the music. You know who you are ;-)

I took the liberty to play with some balances on the other material to mix them a bit better as it's funny how many styles people have for mixing more "pop" style music but I tried to make it as present as possible and such...

Anyways, Here's the "final" track list

Home Alone Complete 2 Disc Set (2:09:12)

Disc 1 (55:39)

01) Fox Fanfare - [0:15]

02) Main Title - [1:22]

03) Pack Your Suitcase - [0:06]

04) Old Man Marley - [1:17]

05) Harry - [0:13]

06) The House - [1:05]

07) We Slept In! - [1:07]

08) Hello - [1:24]

09) Kevin's Wish - [0:49]

10) I'm Free! - [0:34]

11) Toy Execution - [0:39]

12) Sled Down the Stairs - [0:43]

13) Christmas Lights and Crowbars - [1:27]

14) The First Attempt - [1:24]

15) Arrival in France - [0:52]

16) Not Afraid Anymore - [0:49]

17) The Police Check the House - [0:31]

18) Climbing Shelves - [1:08]

19) Silver Tuna Tonight - [0:33]

20) Marley's Hand - [0:48]

21) Escape From the Store - [1:42]

22) Follow That Kid - [2:18]

23) Kevin's Promise - [0:38]

24) Kevin Grows Up - [0:35]

25) The Second Attempt - [1:02]

26) Scammed by a Kindergartner - [2:17]

27) Somewhere In My Memory (Choir) - [1:04]

28) O Holy Night (Choir) - [2:47]

29) Star of Bethlehem (Film Mix) - [2:58]

30) Carol of the Bells - [1:25]

31) Setting the Trap - [2:16]

32) The Attack on the House I - [1:26]

33) The Attack on the House II - [0:47]

34) The Attack on the House III - [0:47]

35) The Attack on the House IV - [1:06]

36) The Attack on the House V - [2:03]

37) The Tide Turns - [3:35]

38) Marley to the Rescue - [0:29]

39) Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (Film) - [0:59]

40) Reunited - [2:46]

41) Finale - [1:42]

42) We Wish You a Merry Christmas (Instrumental) - [0:15]

43) Holiday Flight - [0:58]

44) End Credits - [3:10]

Disc 2 (1:17:39)

01) Home Alone Suite - [6:40]

02) You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch - [2:59]

03) Run Run Rudolph - [2:45]

04) Rockin Around the Christmas Tree - [2:09]

05) White Christmas - [2:39]

06) Please Come Home For Christmas - [2:42]

07) Have Yourself A Merry Christmas (Film Instrumental) - [3:04]

08) Somewhere In My Memory - Vienna Symphony Orchestra - [2:02]

09) Home Alone Feturette - [2:58]

10) Home Alone Suite - Kanagawa Symphony - [13:05]

11) Somewhere in My Memory - Musical Christmas in Vienna - [3:05]

12) Holiday Flight - A Hollywood Christmas - [3:32]

13) Jingle Bells (Airport Source) - [0:57]

14) Deck the Halls (Airport Source) - [0:47]

15) Joy to the World (Airport Source) - [1:01]

16) Deck the Halls (Polka Source) - [0:32]

17) Angels With Filthy Souls (Fragment) - [0:07]

18) Sombras De Otros Tiempos (Long Version) - Ana Belén - [4:11]

19) Star of Bethlehem (Album) - [2:57]

20) Somewhere in My Memory - James Galway - [2:33]

21) Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (Album) - [3:04]

22) Somewhere In My Memory - Boston Pops - [3:47]

23) We Wish You A Merry Christmas (Choir) - [1:11]

24) Star of Bethlehem (Instrumental) - [2:51]

25) End Credits Finale - [3:22]

26) Somewhere In My Memory - San Savant - [2:27]

27) Somewhere In My Memory - Michael Chertock - [2:15]

After this, I'll put together a companion CD for Home Alone 2 latter on. I have quite a few good concert recordings and there is a bit of material missing song wise... score wise I'm unsure and I don't have the DVD so it might have to wait until I do...

Hey, GoodMusician. I haven't really listened to any of your edits up until now (I downloaded and lost your TPM score without getting a chance to listen to it). I'm listening to Home Alone now, and I'm really enjoying it. The sound quality is great--amazing for DVD rips. Great work! :)

Right. You can't burn them to CD either.

Ray Barnsbury

Actually you can, that's the only way I know to get music bought from iTunes. Burn the score to a CD-R and then re-import it into iTunes, my brother does it all the time to give me scores he buys from iTunes.

it's probably because it's such an old film. Films that came out before and around Jurassic Park dont' really utilize the full 5.1 so when you rip them, for the most part, their back channels are clean. This one, surprisingly almost didn't use it's front channels at all lol...

You'd think for all the gags and the sound effects for the attack on the house it would be more used but it wasn't...

Not that I'm complaining! lol

Yeah! :P Did you use the newer DVD release or the original DVD release, though? Not that they necessarily changed it, but it seems that even older movies, if they're on a more recent release, they might tweak the mix some so that there's more sound effects and (ARRGGH!!!) dialogue echo. I did encounter a healthy lack of SFX and dialogue echo, though, on the Rocketeer DVD. It doesn't have as good a quality as this, but it's still pretty good. The biggest problem is adjusting dynamics and stuff. I need to take another pass at it, this time using a compressor (which I didn't know about when I last tried it).

Anyway, great work, once again! :)

the deleted scenes are kinda funny. I was almost tempted to play with the track "Toy Execution" because originally Kevin had a line between lining them up and shooting them down. But musically speaking it would mean inserting a few seconds in between the last snare roll, and the final one, and it didn't change much of it so there wasn't really a point. No unreleased/unused music either.

Watching another deleted scene though about the Pizza boy... lol... he is so gay lol... and when Joe Pesci's character says he wants to go to the boys house... (to check out the security system) you can almost sense that that is NOT what the Pizza boy is thinking lol

ANYWAYS! :-p

the deleted scenes are kinda funny. I was almost tempted to play with the track "Toy Execution" because originally Kevin had a line between lining them up and shooting them down. But musically speaking it would mean inserting a few seconds in between the last snare roll, and the final one, and it didn't change much of it so there wasn't really a point. No unreleased/unused music either.

Watching another deleted scene though about the Pizza boy... lol... he is so gay lol... and when Joe Pesci's character says he wants to go to the boys house... (to check out the security system) you can almost sense that that is NOT what the Pizza boy is thinking lol

ANYWAYS! :-p

Hey GM, can't wait to listen to what you did with Home alone scores.I have to say that i really like what you did with ESB.One little problem though,i can't access your site to download the files.

Thanks

Richard

Submiting for your aproval the labels for the two Home Alone discs.

I decided not to label them as disc 1 and disc 2, and rather have the indication of complete score on one of them, and source and cover recordings on the other.

Hope you all enjoy. Comments are welcomed and the front and back cover are hopefully coming soon.

label1.jpg

label2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding missing music from HOME ALONE 2...

--Source Music for the Plaza Hotel commercial.

--Christmas Source Music in Duncan's Toy Chest (as Kevin checks out).

--A six second insert from Kevin's Booby Traps (just before we cut to Marv with the Paint all over him).

It should be noted that the first two above WERE FOUND by Michael Matessino during the re-mastering of HOME ALONE 2 for Varese, but were left off.

Otherwise, every note of music is on the Varese set.

I'm having a problem with the covers...

a) I cant fing images of the film anywhere. The few I find on the internet are in low resolution. :D

b) I'm having trouble in getting proper screen captures from the DVD...

So, if anyone has high to good quality images of this one, or can get proper screen captures, and is willing to help, please, let me know, so I can finish this covers.

Thanks.

Hey Miguel... what sort of screen caps do you need? any scenes or shots in particular?

Can you get me the one where Kevin is jumping up and down on his parents bed -- right after he realizes he's home alone.

Also, any picture you think it will work on the context of the cover, it will be great.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I finally got back working on this covers... The front of the booklet and the back cover are still in the works, but you can already check the inside of the booklet.

Let me know what you think about it.

bookletinside.jpg

Is the Home Alone stuff really worth listening to? All I seem to remember from it is that bit from Hook and the airport cue which sounds like Tchaikovsky. Is the incidental stuff in there worthy of headphones?

What, even the preparing the traps part, with it's glorious Gremlins style synth drums?

Especially that part.

Is the Home Alone stuff really worth listening to? All I seem to remember from it is that bit from Hook and the airport cue which sounds like Tchaikovsky. Is the incidental stuff in there worthy of headphones?

Yes it is.

And you call yourself a John Williams fan.

In doing the project I did,. however, find that most of it is almost completely lifted or elaborated upon in Home Alone II... so yes it's worth getting for content reasons, but if you're not that enthused about II, I wouldn't force you to listen to I

and, fyi... you'll all have trouble accessing my site. It's down right now. Stillwaiting for it to go back up.

yea, unless you want this thread closed, I suggest any further requests go straight to me... but as I said, there's no point in giving out any address at the moment as the entire hosting site is down and from what I'm told, something went terribly wrong which may mean that it'll 1) be a while before it's back or 2) when it comes back, be completely reorganized. Either way, giving out any link right now wouldn't aide anyone. I'll post when it comes back.

MIguel... I love your work but I really think you should start putting our names on this stuff. I say that only because wether real or not, our efforts are just as valid. Your work on the cover art and helping me collect music and mine to remix it and edit it and such.

I think that you should include us on the covers also becuase people seem to be fond of taking my sets and sharing them now, and I think having at least some way to say "That was mine" would be nice as well.

"Set assembled by: Bernard "BrachioInGen" Kyer"

"Covery art by: Miguel Adrande"

well, then just put my name :-p

I tease... Miguel, I still think it would be great. I always feel bad when people upload my sets online but make new cover art...I honestly feel that your artwork really compliments my sets and gives them an extra special quality so I do insist.

Put some sort of signature onto the covers. At least the bastards on ebay selling YOUR work there should not have it to easy...and Miguel, don't be to harsh to yourself. My Covers would be single colored :lol:

• 4 weeks later...