update: Empire Strikes Back orchestral score as JW sketch

pi

so this is what I have found, should be at my studio in a few days time. anyone want to trade? I have been told it is the full version JW sketches of the score done on 11/17. is this the holy grail of JW sheet music? I dont even know what i want, but if anyone has anything super rare they have been hiding let me know! i have all the stuff floating around town.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think that you should make this distributable to jwfan members who are interested on an ftp, similar to the one that holds the unreleased Star Wars mp3s. It is simply remarkable if it is possible to study the ESB sketch. I do not know why it would not be somewhere safe for future generations to study, but you will certainly be making up for its precarious placement by placing scans online in pdf or other format.

-Jesse Hopkins

Sharing scans for the purpose of study would not devalue it as an auction item inthe future. Does putting a scan of the mona lisa online devalue it? NYET!

"It belongs in a MUSEUM!" LOL

But seriously, the principle is that the public should at least be able to look at it.

Well, I would trade all of my out of print Williams CDs for this (including but not limited to original Accidental Tourist, Jaws 2, Dracula, Stanley and Iris, Earthhquake, Eiger Sanction CDs) plus my autographed Williams JAWS CD and my autographed Close Encounters signature edition score. Also, I would make scans available to all if you'd trade with me. Also would throw in Hook complete, AI complete, Far and Away expanded and any other unavailable music I have.

thanks guys for the pms etc.. I am not ready to trade yet, too busy, and do not have time to scan it. But I would love to trade it for another rare complete score that isnt on the market, especially a potter score. but lets see what happens. I am sure it will be out for full trade eventually. and yes i did have to PAY for it. $$$

by the way i am so pumped to find this. i have been listening to it on my spare moments. imagine...the battle of hoth in SHEET music! in the maestros hand. amazing things to learn in this. I will make sure to trade it to at least one of you to share it.

I will be sure to post a few pics of it when i get it

Just to be clearing up, - i am getting a ton of PMs.

1) I am not ready to trade this yet, most likely after holidays.

2) I have all the stuff floating about, as i supplied most of it, including Jurassic Park hook etc... full scores. I dont have them as PDF but as real 11/17 score.

3) Dont panic I will be sure to get this out, but first I want to see if I can get a real rare JW score for it, especially Azkaban or Phantom Menace etc.. So i am gonna work my resources before i trade it to the board. But stay tuned! Once i trade things everyone seems to get them really quickly.

4) I am not going to scan it, PDF quality is crapy anyway.

5) As for how i got this, you wouldnt believe me anyhoo.

I cant wait to see the empire march, the original copy, what it looked like before it was ever heard by anyone else! Amazing!

4) I am not going to scan it, PDF quality is crapy anyway.

What? Like I care about the quality as long as I can study the notes! Besides, scans can be photo quality.

That's just the fault of the person who scanned it, or it could be that you didn't magnify. PDFs can be perfect. Besides, jpegs would be fine, no need for PDF.

Any chance of taking a look at that JP pdf anyway? My email is composerarts@yahoo.com

Hopefully it's better to read than the original hand written superman sketches, I mean the few ones written by Williams, not the ones that are hand copies by someone else, these are perfect to read.

A) Miguel as always you are Yoda. I was able to pick this up through ?? EBAY ?? wtf?? All of the other scores I have gotten, I have had to been soo keen and sneaky to get my fingers on them and this was on ebay! I even have some things that i have PROMISED never to trade and you all don't know about. Awesome. Luckilly my friend was surfing on ebay for Home Alone 2 special release saw this item and called me. So i emailed the seller told of my interest and paypaled him a bunch of money to ensure I was getting a copy before there were any bids, that way I wouldn't have to worry about losing the bid. I was paranoid about being in a meeting or a session when this item would be finishing so thats the way i did it.

2) Of course this is a copy, guy with tom hanks avatar. The original aside from being PRICELESS, is in JW's study. The original orchestration is in a Los Angeles Music Prep place, in their library - where they have also two copies of the orchestrated score in a white book on a shelf, computer typed out in a manner similar to the cues from the original star wars suite.

D) Anything I get, that I can share, I share so if I can get another complete JW or two that means the genral community here will get them, so i want to do that before this item becomes mainstream and I have nothing special to offer.

Well, I would trade all of my out of print Williams CDs for this (including but not limited to original Accidental Tourist, Jaws 2, Dracula, Stanley and Iris, Earthhquake, Eiger Sanction CDs) plus my autographed Williams JAWS CD and my autographed Close Encounters signature edition score. Also, I would make scans available to all if you'd trade with me. Also would throw in Hook complete, AI complete, Far and Away expanded and any other unavailable music I have.

....And your own children.

:D

The chance to study Mr. Williams' original sketches for one of his strongest scores blows my freaking mind. I'm afraid I can't offer much in trade--you know, except my soul or something--so I have a simple request. If and when you do make a trade, make sure you trade with someone who will be able and willing to scan the entire thing so everyone can learn from it.

Man, what an opportunity. Congratulations on this find.

This is just me, but if I had a copy of this thing, I would scan it and sent it to whoever asked for it.

You know that it isn't just you, I would do just the same thing.

And on a private note, pm me when you can, as i'm having mail problems... again!

i promise not to just keep it for myself.

Why not?

What have these losers ever done for you?

well i meant of course I would give you a copy, since I still owe you for the complete Azkaban you uploaded to me a few months ago.

Yes,well,I'm still sure a sfx free PoA boot exists and I'm out of the loop.

K.M.

Yes you are rignt KM.

There's a secret society of MB members out there with their shadow forum and they are keeping you out of the loop!

BTW, OJ didn't kill his wife.....

Oh, I'm sorry, did you guys want a copy of the complete PoA recordings? My bad, I didn't realize it was in such high demand. If you really want a copy, drop me an e-mail at "noonecouldpossiblyfallforthis@yahoo.com"

Tim

Just asking... but are there some sort of intellectual rights to distributing sheet music if for free? Not that I care for, I would love to see a mere 30 second of fully orchestrated notes and so... like say a random 30 second from the Battle of Hoth :(

Oh, I'm sorry, did you guys want a copy of the complete PoA recordings?  My bad, I didn't realize it was in such high demand.  If you really want a copy, drop me an e-mail at "noonecouldpossiblyfallforthis@yahoo.com"

Tim

Don't forget you owe me a copy of POA for that complete Temple Of Doom recording I sent you.