update: Empire Strikes Back orchestral score as JW sketch

pi

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hall of composers.

Frye will grab Williams' head and take it home and Zimmer's head will slide forward and he'll say "Front Row at last!!".

Update:

So the score arrived today, since I am not where it arrived I had someone else (non music folk) open it and describe it to me.

"There are 34 little stapled packets of paper (11/17) of varying legths, looks to be at least 175 pages in total."

So i assume that there are 34 cues here, its hard to know untill I examine it myself exactly what is there and how it compares to the CD. Is there a cue list I can co by somewhere? Whats the typical JW sketch score in terms of length of pages?

I wonder if it will be similar to Hook where there are cues unrecorded on the soundtrack yet which exist in sheet music score. But anyway it has arrived! I will be updating saturday or Sunday with more information and possibly some pics when I finally get some time to look and study it.

And drumroll.... the cue list.....

The Imperial Probe

Lea's Instructions

Yoda Raises the Ship

Yoda's Theme

Luke to the Rescue

Carbon Freeze

The Asteroid Field

Luke's Escape

another Yoda's Theme

The Snow Battle

Yoda Appears

Luke's Rescue

Solo & the Princess

To Hyper-Space

another The Asteroid Field

Losing a Hand

City in the Clouds

The Magic Tree

Drawing the Battle Lines

The Probe Scanner (?)

End Credits

Chewie .... Lands

B___ Instruction

Through the Window

Yoda's Entrance

Luke's First Crash

Vadar Shows Up

Vadar's Command

Lan___ Palace

Attack Position

Yoda's Teaching

New Start

Luke Pursues the Captives

Trousle(?) in Prison

This is Not Alive

Training a Jedi

Again i can only express my envy :) ...i would trade all my original JW CD's(which is everything available) for this(including shipping... :D )Even my original Spacecamp.I would offer scores,but i'm sure you have all i have(even if i think i have a nice collection).

Have fun exploring this score.

Richard

Well done, pi! (Good lord, I hope I have something worth trading for this... :? ) Seriously, enjoy reading it. I'm sure it will be time (and money) well spent.

Again i can only express my envy :)  ...i would trade all my original JW CD's(which is everything available) for this(including shipping... :D )Even my original Spacecamp.I would offer scores,but i'm sure you have all i have(even if i think i have a nice collection).

Have fun exploring this score.

Richard

haha me too. i'd trade everything... only you probably have everything i have. sounds EXCITING tho. can't believesomeone ACTUALLY put it on Ebay. who was the seller? i'm curious to know where he got it from.

Hmm,it's the holy grail for people who read and study music in some way.As a pure listening fan,I have absolutely no interest in this.I don't understand why anyone would trade his whole c.d. collection for this.

K.M.

I mean this is almost the holy grail of JWilliamism...     TESB orchestration, what more would you want ?

Temple of Doom Complete

Hook Complete

etc., etc.

Just looked it over kids! ITs amazing! I will scan some shit tommorow, I believe we have some unreleased material here. Easy to read if you can understand JW sketching. Most likely complete. Simply astounding!!

Just looked it over kids! ITs amazing! I will scan some shit tommorow, I believe we have some unreleased material here.

I know Williams' writing isn't best one could expect... But is it that bad? LOL

• 4 weeks later...

Pi tripped and fell into the scanner...and it ate him. That's why we haven't seen him around lately.

The sad part is, I believe his blood smeared all over the sketches.

:P

What laughing emoticon? I used the winking one because I was making a joke, I wasn't being serious.

I just imagined pi sitting reading and watching everyone trip over themselves with giddy anticipation and thinking to himself, "I'm not sharing this with anyone".

i think this is his revenge for us making fun of him back in one of the forums message. where we were like, soooooo 3.141592653..... and now he can laugh and smirk and we're sad.

by the way, whos got the super rare scores they want to trade me? I have gotten lots of offers but nothing new. come out of the woodwork people.