Which rare John Williams soundtrack would you get most ?

David Vincent

Which rare John Williams soundtrack would you get most ?  

36 members have voted

1. 1.

• Artificial Intelligence Oscar Promo
    • Far and Away Volume 2
    • Born on the Fourth of July Complete
    • Witches of Eastwick bootleg
    • Spacecamp
    • Monsignor / Missouri Breaks
    • Close Encounters of the Third Kind bootleg

:thumbup: The Lost World (complete)

Ah... enjoying it, are you? :jump:

-Chris

I've only listened to it once, and it was much, much nicer hearing the music in chronological order. I'll listen to the whole thing again at work tomorrow and should be able to pay more attention to the unreleased music.

Question:

I notice you have "Visitor in San Diego" segue directly to the last ~2:45 of "Ludlow's Demise" - is this definitely the way the music is supposed to go? Does the music sync up to the film this way?

Also, where did the first ~1:30 of "Ludlow's Demise" go?

-Jason

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only listened to it once, and it was much, much nicer hearing the music in chronological order.  I'll listen to the whole thing again at work tomorrow and should be able to pay more attention to the unreleased music.

---Excellent. :thumbup:

Question:

I notice you have "Visitor in San Diego" segue directly to the last ~2:45 of "Ludlow's Demise" - is this definitely the way the music is supposed to go?  Does the music sync up to the film this way?

---Yes. First off, the track title on the album IS "Ludlow's Demise". Ludlow was the one trapped by the T-Rex mom & her infant. In the film, you can hear part of the cue right after the "San Diego" track ends... but it then fades out to silence and then tracked with the main theme, which IMO, completely ruined the effect of the film. It made the end cheesy. Try to watch the film with the album version instead. Pay close attention to where the music is in the film... synch it up (around the moment when Goldblum and Moore's characters jump into the water) and let her roll. It is far more guesome, violent, and dark. There is a reason why it is one of my all-time favorite cues by John Williams! :jump:

Also, where did the first ~1:30 of "Ludlow's Demise" go?

---It was used after Roland Tembo and Co. returned to the camp after finding what the Compys "left of" Dieter Stark and leads directly into the opening moments when the T-Rex sneaks into the sleeping camp and begins sniffing around the tent. It is in the film, but part of it was excluded for a slightly more tense variation of the same music as the T-Rex stuck his (pr was it her?) head into the tent. I put both album version followed by the slightly different film version, back-to-back. If I recall correctly, named it as "Uninvited Guest" on CD 1.

Can anyone tell me about the Close Encounters Bootleg? Before the expanded release, I saw mention of it on the 'net but only that it existed - no info on the tracks, if it was complete, if it had FX, if it was crap can quality, etc.

MoffJake - resident CE3K fanatic

It was shorter than the official expanded release, but did contain more music than the original album. It also contained a few alternates that have never before or since been available.

The sound quality was supposedly just OK, being taken from some master recordings or something probably stolen from some vault somewhere.

I'm sure theres some people on the trading board that will trade for it.

-Jason, who doesn't have it, and would rather get a copy of the original album first.

Ah... enjoying it, are you?

Yes.

D'OH! Alright... who let him have it! :)

(It took you long enough... :roll: )

-Chris, Who likes to keep his DVD extracts away from Morn because Morn never buys official CDs... :twisted:

And btw, you're a b*tch!  :evil:

I'd rather be a b*tch than a fool. :mrgreen:

:evil:

:mrgreen:

:)

:)

BWAHAHAHAHAWW!!!!!!!!!!

-Chrusher, Who loves to defeat Morn... :twisted: