Dontcha love it in Return of the Jedi when . . .

Goldsmithfan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about continuity:

In TESB, listen out for "That line sucks" - spoken by Han Solo as he is emerged into the carbon based unit...I mean the Carbon Freeze.

I first noticed that strange line when I was about ten. Back when Return of the Jedi was my favorite. Ah, the innocent days when even walking teddy bears couldn't take away from a film.

Apparently, there's some Dutch Ewoks in there, too. When the AT-ST is assaulted, and the teddies are pounding into one of the Imperial officers, you hear what sounds like "Pak 'm, Harrie!" which translates to "Get him, Harry!"

I wonder why I know this... :wave:

:wave:

Actually I think you are just hearing some similarities or words that may sound like english or the phrase sounds close but your mind plays tricks and makes it sound like something else.

Ah, Return of the Jedi. What memories. I remember it was always so sad when AT-ST fire fried that one ewok and his friend tried to rouse him. :cry:

C-3PO first begins speaking in the Ewoks' language and then the one Ewok says to the other (in plain English), "That guy's wise!"

Yeah, I always thought that was funny. And then the other one goes "And that's for sure." Kind of... if you use your imagination.

In the Yub-Nub song I always thought they sounded like they were singing "Han-a-Luke-a-Leia--Lando!-Han-a-Luke-a-Leia--Lando!"

EWOKS RULE!

I really like "Ewok Celebration."

Anybody else with me? Williams can write very well to crappy cinema. The scene was a joke, but Williams composed what the filmmakers were evidently going for - a light-hearted, simple way to end the saga. "Victory Celebration" is very good but it suffers from its revisionist nature.

I greatly prefer the SE version nowadays, but from a younger perspective, "Yub Nub" was the perfect way to end the saga. Goofy music for a goofy scene.

:music: Pan's Labyrinth... again

LOL, yes I love that part. "That guy's wise." I thought I was the only one who noticed. Obviously unintentional, but that's why it's better than "[fart] peeyousa!"

I really like "Ewok Celebration."

Anybody else with me? Williams can write very well to crappy cinema. The scene was a joke, but Williams composed what the filmmakers were evidently going for - a light-hearted, simple way to end the saga. "Victory Celebration" is very good but it suffers from its revisionist nature.

I love that piece as well, I feel it suits the part very well and every time I see it I think of the scene.

Talking about weird lines in films: Have you noticed in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom when Short Round says in Dutch "Ga uit de weg!" (="Get out of the way!") during the Shanghai chase? He says this while motioning to the two characters in the riksha to get out of the way. I find this highly amusing, because it seems like he really does say "Ga uit de weg!", because it makes complete sense in the scene. Apart from the fact that it's Dutch. :roll:

Um...I'm not exactly sure if you are joking about Short Round or not...so if you are I apologize for waisting everybody's time.

But, I sincerely doubt he's speaking in Dutch. I'm pretty sure that's just his Chinese accent getting in the way of saying "Get out the way".

Um...I'm not exactly sure if you are joking about Short Round or not...so if you are I apologize for waisting everybody's time.
I am not joking at all. I was pretty surprised when I noticed it myself. I seriously doubt he actually IS talking Dutch as well, but he does sound like it. :?

I'm a big fan of Chinese. I always thought that the Jawas said "HITIGI!" in the original trilogy, at least, thats what it sounded like to me.

actually 'nasi' and 'babi' is malay/indonesian for rice and pig respectively.

Then why can I get it at any Chinese resaturant? That hardly makes sense, now does it?

i have no idea what 'pangpang' is though. :P

It could be dog meat, but I'd rather just not know.....

actually 'nasi' and 'babi' is malay/indonesian for rice and pig respectively.

Then why can I get it at any Chinese resaturant? That hardly makes sense, now does it?

You got conned! LOL But seriously, you rarely can get authentic cuisine outside their respective countries. They are usually adjusted for local taste. Hell, even the Chinese food here in Malaysia isn't quite the same as the Chinese food you can get in say, Hong Kong, China or Taiwan. But yea, I'm positive that 'nasi' and 'babi' isnt in the Chinese langauge. In mandarin, rice is 'fun' and pig is 'zhu'. ;)

No, it's two different scenes. The ewok on the glider falls after a stormtrooper shoots him down. The ewok who had the buddy that cried for him gets fried by AT-ST fire.

Get your ewok terminations straight!

BTW, these few ewok deaths are the only kills we actually see stormtroopers make since the beginning of A New Hope when they raided Leia's ship. It's all downhill from there.