New Bond CD

Lurker

I just bought the new "The Best of Bond...James Bond" CD. What a dissapointment. Going in, I knew it would only have 1 track that was unreleased, but being a Bond completist, I had to have it (and it's an awesome track, the trailer music from GoldenEye).

But the album is not in chronological sequence, which doesn't really show Bond through the ages. I guess that's what CD programming and custom CD-R's are for.

The biggest error with this package though is the booklet. None of the photos in it correspond to the film being written about. It's very distracting and really takes away from the whole package. Plus, I've found one error so far. Moby's James Bond re-mix was not used as the end titles to Tomorrow Never Dies. k.d. lang's "Surrender" was the song used. Also regarding Moby's re-mix, the version on this album is a different edit than what has appeared previously.

Oh well....at least I have one new track.

Neil - Bond fanatic

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my friggin fracken frakin frack!!!!!!!!!

mixing up images and music that don't correspond at all to each other.... hhhhmmm, let me see... I know it reminds me of something or someone!?! If I can only get my brain to work tonight..... COAT? TACO? CATO? Oh I know, AOTC, thats it!!!!!!!

The Goldeneye trailer music on CD is one of those tracks that Bond Music fans have been waiting for since like 1995. There was a lower quality mp3 on the artists (Pardi - fair or something like that) website for awhile But the bond album I'm waiting for this year is Die another day where Arnold once again gets to play in the John Barry playground.

Brian99_1 - who loves the Bond Theme and thinks Monty Norman must have been a genius! and ONCE thought Arnold would succeed JW years from now.

Listening to it some more, I've discovered that the "film version" of GoldenEye's ending is on this album and not the fade out on the original album.

Neil - Bond addict (happy Justin?) :baaa:

The Goldeneye trailer music on CD is one of those tracks that Bond Music fans have been waiting for since like 1995. There was a lower quality mp3 on the artists (Pardi - fair or something like that) website for awhile But the bond album I'm waiting for this year is Die another day where Arnold once again gets to play in the John Barry playground.

Brian99_1 - who loves the Bond Theme and thinks Monty Norman must have been a genius! and ONCE thought Arnold would succeed JW years from now.

Actually, the true origin of the James Bond Theme is smothered in controversy...many people now suspect that John Barry should share at least co-composer credit.