Do you expect Han Solo and the Wookie appear in Episode III?

Alawill

What do you think? Will Han Solo and the Wookie appear in Epsiode III? Will one get to know how they get to know? And how Han Solo won the Millenium Falcon (I read, that he won it...)

This would be an interesting story, but I think, it will not suite to the rest of the storyline... But, on the other hand, why shouldn´t Anakin/Vader meet the young Han Solo? This would be funny in a way...

Or, Han´s father meets Amidalia, and he´s to be the real father of the twins... Getting weired...

What do you think?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I read in some interview with George Lucas that we won't see additional familiar "faces" in Ep. III, i.e. Han, Chewie, Tarkin, etc.

But, you never know... Perhaps he just wants to set up a surprise

-Chris

In EpIII lets see... Han Will have 10-13 years and he lived in Corellia un till 19 as a nearly slave. The wookie is a person, and his name is Chewbacca :baaa::), well Chewie could appear, since he will be 170-180. Han Won the Falcon about 5 years before ANH, from Lando, soo the ship could appear, but if at least other YT-1300 appear too, it cannot be the only one. Well it would make it millenarian, wouldn't it?

Tarkin? Should appear

Ackbar? Should appear, if Tarkin does, since he was his servant.

Mon Mothma? HAS to appear

Garm Bel Iblis? Too

But Many are Expanded universe only, so anything can happen in the movies.

That would be cool to see Chewie and Han in episode 3, and all sorts of stuff about how they met and got the falcon, but I guess there is too much stuff that will be going on with Anikan going to the dark side, and that whole part of the story. I guess that's why they're not including han and chewie.

-Jason

It would not make sense! han will have ONLY 10 years! Remember, he is 30 in ANH, so minus the 20 Luke and Leia have, (and that's the time jump between EpIII and EpIV) Han has 10. Chewie is another thing.

Han Solo won the Millenium Falcon (I read, that he won it...)

He won it from Lando. How, I do not know, but somewhere in The Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi Solo tells Lando "he [Lando] lost her [the Falcon] fair and square." So there you have it. :)

:baaa: Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale, Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

Well Lando won the falcon from a sabbac player. He didn't know how to fly but liked the ship, so he knew Han and told him to teach him flying. Han Fell in love with the ship since that. When Lando learned how to fly and go, he missed very much the ship.

A year or so later Lando and Han played a sabacc game in a tournament, Lando, that had lost much money had to put in the sabbac pot a ship from his (earlier he had won place with many ships), and Han agreed. Han finally won and when Lando asked him wich Ship he wanted, Han said : The Falcon!. Lando was stunned, he liked that ship too and was his Personal ship, but a deal was a deal so he gave it to Han. That is the story.

:baaa: Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale hey its a coincidence :)

I think the timeline has been changed to 4 years between AOTC and Episode III and 18 years between Episode III and ANH.

As for the expanded universe, forget it. The only thing Lucas will concern himself with is the charcters refered to in the previous films. You won't see any characters or plot lines from the books appear. We've already witnessed it with the DEATH STAR plans being given to Dooku instead of how it was written with the Prototype hidden in the Maw outside of Kessel or something to that effect. Lucas has given the authors guidelines to stay within and work with but the movies are seperate from them and have no bearing on what is written in the novels.

If you go to the Force.net there is an interview from CNN where Lucas mentions that he has scenerios set up to introduce other characters but it will depend on whether or not the story allows him to insert them.

I think we will see a young Governor Tarkin, Luke and Leia, A young Han Solo Or his parents and possibly Chewbacca.

I would like to see Han Solo get kidnapped and raised by wookies, like Tarzan.

Neil - who actually told people this was a major spoiler from Episode II :(

Well I Han Solo appears, Chewie CANNOT be with him (he could appear as a senator, or assistant to a senator for example). What is the deal with Life-debt then?

THe only thing that would make a coherent cameo for Han will be, When Garm Bel Iblis goes to a school in Corellia and Han Solo ask a question to him, and when the mitting ends, Iblis sais to Han, Good Question, and hwat is your name (or something)

Anyways I do not find Han's or Chewie's camoes very important, cool or good for the movie. I'd rather have a Cameo from Iblis and Mon Mothma then them.

I would rather not see any young characters who end up in the original trilogy, EXCEPT for maybe Grand Moff Tarkin. I think we should see why Vader actually obeys him. He's gotta be somewhat powerful in the ranks.

Otherwise, if Han or Chewie were in Episode III, I cannot possibly fathom how it could help the plot at all. It would just be Lucas saying, "Hey, look! These two end up grown up in the original trilogy! While this doesn't help THIS film at all, it is really cool, eh?"

I most certanly not expect HanSolo to make an appearence... nor Lando... their story for us should come until Empire.

I do however would like to see the Wookie planet. :(

Hector - who hopes to see more Wookies

I could see Chewie making a cameo along the lines that the Falcon appeared in AOTC (at the Naboo dock when Anakin and Padme arrive-- at least that's what was said by Lucas on one of the "Behind the Scenes" featurettes that were on last week).

Bruckhorn, who thought "When nine hundred years old I become, kick butt like Yoda, I will not." when first seeing a certain scene in AOTC.

That's what the man said. I didn't see it.

Bruckhorn, who's admitted to not bieng the most observant person in the world.

Chewie might appear, but I don't really think that a young Han or Lando should appear.

I mean, the galaxy is absolutely huge, right? Tens upon tens of thousands of star systems, right? Why, then, should these Star Wars stories always involve the same people? Seeing young Han and Lando, as if they have some important part to play, would just be another convenient coincidence that would make the stories seem more forced than they already are.

I think we've pretty much seen all the classic characters already that we're gonna see, with the exception of Senator Mon Mothma (Garm Bel Iblis is an EU character, I believe, so he has no higher guarantee of appearing than does Jerec or Kyle Katarn) to declare Rebellion.

If the Falcon was in AOTC, that's pretty cool, because I didn't notice it. The Falcon is an old ship, so it's not unreasonable to have seen it or another YT-1300 sitting around.

But then again, the prop of Luke's red speeder from Star Wars was painted green for use in Mos Espa in Episode I, that doesn't make it Luke's, does it?

I mean, showing main characters from the classic trilogy as their young selves in the prequels could really make Star Wars feel really incestuous. It's bad enough that we have the plot puzzlement of Owen and Beru actually being Luke's uncle and aunt, through marriage, but we'd also have Han and Lando having something to do with the Clone Wars/Rise of the Empire/Creation of Vader? I don't buy it.

And please, no more posts about Mothma or Bail Smits, er, Organa's wife being Luke and Leia's mommy, it's making my head spin! I don't believe that George Lucas would have spent two films introducing and then rapidly accelerating Anakin and Padme's mutual love, only to have one or both of them NOT being the parents of the Skywalker twins. It's bad enough that Darth Maul had a whole movie and was then killed off, leaving the far cooler and much more charismatic, effective, and villainous Count Saruman, er, Dooku only two films to make his appearance/grand exit. A plot line of "yeah, we're gonna take three movies to show Anakin and the master-of-decoys Padme fall in love, and, oh by the way, she's not Leia's mommy" would have people leaving the theatre in throngs.

Haha. I know that's not what you meant, right? Good.

Please, Mr. Lucas, don't make any main character a clone of his or her actual self. I can't stand the part of Palpatine's character in the Expanded Universe that says he must transfer his soul/essence/katra ( :baaa: ) to cloned bodies every so often (perhaps every 28 days, explaining his irritability :roll: ) because he's so evil, or the Dark Side will cause his body to decay. I think if he were truly One with the Dark Side, the Lord of all Sith Lords, then that wouldn't be a problem for him, and he wouldn't have to resort to technology.

Besides, my friends, it's totally feasible that the Jedi trait cannot be cloned; based on Lucas' choice of clonetrooper source DNA in Episode II, I interpret this as his way of telling us that the Jedi essence cannot be passed on by cloning, only by good-old-fashioned sexual reproduction. Otherwise, would it not make more sense for Sidious/Palpatine/whatever-you-feel-like-calling-McDiarmid's-character (c'mon, we all know he's behind the clone army) would've cloned himself to make the ultimate badass, all-but-unbeatable Jedi clonetroopers, not some mere human bounty hunter (albeit heavily modified). And the Kaminoans would even have altered the physical appearance of Palpy's clones so no one would could accuse him of any wrongdoing, yet.

I think I'm done, for now.

Luke, you spend too much time reading Star Wars books which have nothing to do with the movies.

All that crap that you think you know about Han Solo is just that, crap.

Nothing in those books is cannon so it doesn't mean shit.

What ever happens is because Lucas wants it that way.

and Chris, Tarkin needs to be in Ep. III if for no other reason to show us why he holds Vader's leash in Star Wars.

Joe, who took a break for a few days because of the useless posting.

Luke, you spend too much time reading Star Wars books which have nothing to do with the movies.

All that crap that you think you know about Han Solo is just that, crap.

Nothing in those books is cannon so it doesn't mean shit.

What ever happens is because Lucas wants it that way.

and Chris, Tarkin needs to be in Ep. III if for no other reason to show us why he holds Vader's leash in Star Wars.

Joe, who took a break for a few days because of the useless posting.

SORRY if you do not like the books. I do. :)

I'm also sorry Lucas didn't spend sometime saying what story every book would have, to fit in his universe.

And i also pointed out that they were not canon, i know that.

Relax, Joe. It's not worth you getting all fussy over. I haven't read the books myself nor do I plan to, because I feel they're not cannon (sp?) and I don't really have to time to sit and read whatever book I want, unfortunately.

But even if I would, I would finish Potter 3 and then pick up Memoirs Of A Geisha. A friend of mine read and loved it so much, he gave me a copy and has been insisting I read it for over a year now. I should get around to that soon, I hope.

Director - who planned on reading Potter 3 tonite, but decided to come home and catch up with this....

I would like to see Tarkin appear. As many have said it only makes sense that he should. A cameo appearance by a young Mon Mothma would be a nice addition too, to show why she holds the position of leadership in the Rebellion. I assume she took over that position after the death of Bail Organa when Alderran was destroyed.

I don't necessarily wish for Chewie to appear specifically, but I'd like to see some wookies in the prequel trilogy other than the very fleet glance in the Senate during TPM.

Bail Organa, Garm Bel Iblis and Mon Mothma were the co-founders (and leaders) of the Rebellion. Due to disparities of opinion, Bel Iblis left to fight the evil GALACTIC EMPIRE :) on his own. Of course, after Bail Organa died, Mon Mothma was only major leader left.

Han is be a bit older than Luke I guess.I didn't really bother to read the thread therally but if Luke is born around the time of ep3,then Solo would still be a toddling too,so logically he couldn't appear .

K.M.

There's no way that they can make Han appear. Chewie is possible, maybe like a REALLY minor role to make the fans be like "WOW!" (kinda like the death star in AOTC).

I like Wojo's remarks about the "Star Wars" universe becoming dangerously incestuous. I was thinking this, also, watching AOTC. All these zillions of creatures spread out over innumerable galaxies, and the fate of the universe is tied up in one extended family? What are the odds? I thought Vader creating Threepio was a stretch. Now I'm wondering how the droids will fail to recollect the name Skywalker, much less Lars, when they are finally brought together with Luke. Anticipate a very lame memory banks erase in Episode III.

That said, taking into account the wookies' longevity, I half expected to glimpse Chewie at some point during TPM.

Does it bother anyone else that Jabba appears as a huge CGI tub of goo during the pod race in TPM, then as a noticeably smaller tub of goo in the SW special edition, and then later still as a puppet (again, huge) in "Jedi?" With such alarming fluctuations in weight, do you suppose Jabba is struggling with bulimia?

Figo wtf does Jabba have to do with whether or not Han and Chewie should be in Ep 3?

Anyway, no they should NOT appear in Ep 3. They enter the saga just fine in ANH. As for the Falcon being in AOTC, it's not necessarily the Falcon. It's TWO of the same kind of freighter parked on the extreme left of the shot of Anakin and Padme's transport landing on Naboo.

Really??? The Falcon was there?  

I have an excuse to go see it again!?!?!

Dan - too excited

i missed it too,I was looking in Mos Eisley.But it's not the Falcon,only Corellian frigates that are similar,and apperently there are three of them.

K.m.who also missed it after 3 viewings.

Does it bother anyone else that Jabba appears as a huge CGI tub of goo during the pod race in TPM, then as a noticeably smaller tub of goo in the SW special edition, and then later still as a puppet (again, huge) in "Jedi?" With such alarming fluctuations in weight, do you suppose Jabba is struggling with bulimia?

No, but what has bothered me is the crappy CGI job in ANH.

The Falcon is a modiefied Corellian YT-1300 freighter, so maybe they can be that. Did you noticed if them had the communications antena (the thing Lando blews in ROJ)? That is exclusive of the Falcon, also the bottom quad-laser turret (normal ones have only the upper one)

Figo wtf does Jabba have to do with whether or not Han and Chewie should be in Ep 3?

Digression Nazi.