How to find specific recording of a symphony (Dvorak's 9th)

Foxfan

I downloaded an MP3 of the fourth movement of this symphony on Napster back in 2001, and have gotten so used to the tempo and balance of this recording that anything else disappoints me. I'm desperately looking for the original so I can get the full symphony at a higher bitrate.

Anyone know of a database that can recognize waveform data or somewhere I can send the file to in order to find a match? I've listened to hundreds of Amazon.com samples and still haven't found the right one.

The file tag had no mention of the orchestra or anything else. All I have is the file's running time of 11:13.

Any help would be appreciated!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing a "thorough" search I found one version with that exact time. It doesn't say anything about the orchestra or conductor though. If you want to check it out, send me a PM :beerchug:

Doing a "thorough" search I found one version with that exact time. It doesn't say anything about the orchestra or conductor though. If you want to check it out, send me a PM :rolleyes:

Thanks for the file, but unfortunately that wasn't the one.

I downloaded an MP3 of the fourth movement of this symphony on Napster back in 2001, and have gotten so used to the tempo and balance of this recording that anything else disappoints me. I'm desperately looking for the original so I can get the full symphony at a higher bitrate.

Anyone know of a database that can recognize waveform data or somewhere I can send the file to in order to find a match? I've listened to hundreds of Amazon.com samples and still haven't found the right one.

The file tag had no mention of the orchestra or anything else. All I have is the file's running time of 11:13.

Any help would be appreciated!

Sorry, I can't help you much, but I would like to point out that just because the MP3 has a file runtime of 11:13, this doesn't mean that the actual cd source has a runtime of 11:13. Some rippers cut off after a certain length of time below a certain decibel level. Therefore the actual tracks could be a few seconds longer.

Well, the final chord ends at 11:02 on the file I had, so I'm pretty sure the ripper didn't edit out the end.

With that said, unfortunately the sample you sent me didn't match either. Thanks anyway.

Also, if it can be of some help, the position of the horns and trumpets are inverted in the recording I'm looking for (trumpets sound in the middle and horns are on the right). The strings are OK.