Lurker

JWFan Is 8 Today

Grr...I blame my english teacher for giving me five hours of homework. I totally forgot yesterday (its 12:15) was his b-day. Well better late then never, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHNNY BOY! :ola::ola::ph34r::happybday::beerchug::jump::lsvader::joy:

:music: To celebrate I'm going to do that Star Wars challenge that someone posted on another thread. Sounds like an excellent way to celebrate Williams' birthday and JWfan!

Star Wars > Star Trek

That depends how you look at it. For me, Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back stand above anything Star Trek has to offer. However, I'd take Star Trek - The Motion Picture, Star Trek - The Wrath of Khan, Star Trek III - The Search for Spock, Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home, Star Trek VI - The Undiscovered Country, Star Trek - First Contact, the complete season 1 and 2 of The Original Series and most of The Next Generation over any other Star Wars-related things (i.e. the prequels & Return of the Jedi).

So the best of Star Wars is better than the best of Star Trek, but that's far more enjoyable Star Trek than Star Wars, in total.

Eh, they are both the same to me as far as entertainment value.

The movie Star Wars is the only thing that is above all other items related to both series. Nothing can touch it.

All six Star wars movies & scores > The entire Star Trek universe combined.

For me, Star Trek has its moments - I liked some of the original TV series (to laugh at), the OS movies were OK (at least they didn't bore me), and some of TNG (some of it held my interest), but surrounded by hours and hours of absolute boredom and disinterest. From what I see and people that I know, I only know of Trekkies that believe that Star Trek is better overall. For example, in showing Star Wars to new people, I had to convince them that Star Wars and Star Trek are two different things. They had seen Trek TV and movies and were bored in to hatred. After I showed them Star Wars, they know the difference and were grateful that I introduced them to the SW saga. In terms of space franchises, Trek is like a visit in an antiseptic hospital and SW is more like an otherworldly thrill ride. No comparison to me. The least of the SW movies (to me, AotC and TPM) are superior to the BEST of Trek (II, III, and IV).

I'll also add that I always wanted Williams to score a Trek, JUST to see if it would add interest to that intergalactic borefest that nerds everywhere equate to an...

orgasm :lol:

To make that a fair comparison, you'd have to include all of the Star Wars universe as well.

And I doubt the Holiday Special, the Droids series and the Ewok films are really of extremely high quality (Clone Wars was alright, but really nothing spectacular).

In itself, it was pretty good, but the Jedi's superduperextremopowers clashed with what we saw in the movies, and I thought it was really just too much at some points.

I'll add that the second season really benefitted from the longer running time, and for the most it was quite good, but in the grand scheme it all seemed rather... inconsequential (except for Grievous' stupid cough being explained).

In itself, it was pretty good, but the Jedi's superduperextremopowers clashed with what we saw in the movies, and I thought it was really just too much at some points.

I'll add that the second season really benefitted from the longer running time, and for the most it was quite good, but in the grand scheme it all seemed rather... inconsequential (except for Grievous' stupid cough being explained).

coughcoughgeekcoughcough...........

;)

(except for Grievous' stupid cough being explained).

:) Grievous is a Cyborg.

Part droid and Part alien. He has his remaining internal organs in his breastplate, and his head beneath the helmet.

this is not EU, this can be seen on the movie.

Clearly, you did not see Clone Wars.

what are you talking about?

I'm just stating, that seeing only the movie, its very clear Grievous is not a full droid, and therefore, he is not a ' how-in-the-hell-coughing-droid'.

how you dare to say i have not seen the clone wars! :)

The cartoons explain officially why he coughs, but if you only see the movie you can think of many ways of him to have get the cough. Damaged lungs, experimental cyborg techonology, etc...

Darth Vader has a challenged breathing, and noboby asks about it... And neither SW nor ESB explained why. We had to wait for ROTJ, and for more detail, for ROTS to get it explained

Regarless of the different charisma between Vader and Grievous.

But of course Vader's breating added to the characters manace, it gave him an inhuman, threatening feel even before he spoke.

I didn't require an explanation, for the simple reason that it was so damn effective.

There seems to be no reason for Grievous wheezing and coughing.

Other then to make another connection that will make fanboys reach for kleenex.

Think again Manuel.

Vader's breathing is subtle, it seems to fit just with the way he looks, sounds and moves, it adds to his manacing quality.

We eventually get an explantation as to why he breathes like that, and that's fine. But the best reason why he breathes like that is because it works.

The wheezing for Grievous is not subtle, it does not really add anything of importance to the character, and is frankly mostly puzzling.

Anyone agree with me?

I dont find it puzzling...

But of course, i never believed he was a droid.

Sublte? (my ass) Isnt it one of the most memorable sounds from star wars?

BTW im not comaring Vaders importance over grievous. I know the former is the winner, by miles.

Just i dont see the point in bashing the prequels through a cyborg cough.

Sublte? (my ass) Isnt it one of the most memorable sounds from star wars?

Which according to you means it was not subtle?

Just i dont see the point in bashing the prequels through a cyborg cough.

read my posts again, I have not made one comment regarding the prequels.

I don't care about the prequels Manuel.