Jaws 5 coming?

Sandor

LINK

www.filmrot.com EXCLUSIVE:

Jaws 5 going direct to DVD.

Universal Home Entertainment are prepping a fifth JAWS movie as one of their direct-to-dvd premieres. The studio wants to go head to head with Warner's DEEP BLUE SEA 2, which is also going direct to dvd, and also centres on killer sharks. One idea that has been suggested to the studio for JAWS 5 is that they completely forget about what happened in JAWS 3 and JAWS 4 and again have Roy Scheider's character, Brody, returning to do battle. Since Scheider isn't keen on doing any more JAWS film, it'll take some tough negotiations. At present, the only returning element of the series is..... yep, you guessed it, John Williams' iconic music score.

What do you think?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see a Jaws 5.

Jaws 2 was fine, Jaws 3 (or Jaws 3-D if you insist) was a good bit of fun, and Jaws - The Revenge was an OK movie sunk by one of the worst endings in movie history.

Bring it on!

Greg - who doesn't mind DTV (or DTDVD I suppose) movies - some of them are actually rather good....

Jaws 2 was good because of Scheider and Williams.

Actually J2 wasn't that bad of a sequel and like Joe says it has one of the best taglines in movie history.

The other 2, the less said the better.

Which is the one where the shark gets into Sea World? I must've seen it years ago, and I remember the shark terrorizing people stuck in an underwater tunnel.

Ray Barnsbury

Jaws III was the sea world one and it was shot in 3D, I saw it in the theatre and got to experience those wonderful effects. :rolleyes:

Jaws IV was just a waste of 90 mins that I'll never get back.

Great whites can jump out of the water. Specially when they hunt seals.

I think there was a National Geograpic doccumnetary about trying to photograh one of those moments (nobody had done it before)

I agree with Greg about Jaws 2 and 3.

Jaws The Revenge had the huge problem of not been scary....at all......

The first attack in Jaws: The Revenge is actuially terrifying - just goes a little OTT.....

The Jaws 5 rumour has now been debunked.....