10 members have voted

1. 1. Soarin' Over California vs. Fireworks

• Soarin' Over California
    • Fireworks

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow - Soarin' was Goldsmith? I didn't know that. Rode the ride last week and was impressed by the music. Haven't heard the fireworks music, so I can't really vote.

Anybody got Soarin' as an audio file?

Jason

Goldsmith 2 last not film or TV related musical pieces. One intended for a Theme Park ride, the other for a fireworks display.

Which one do you prefer?

Fireworks, no doubt. Incidentally, I'm listening to that right now. Soarin', is also wonderful of course, and quite spectacular when performed live.

Marian - still heartbroken that his recording turned out to be damaged. ;)

So, this "Fireworks" is a concert piece? Never heard of it. Is it available on CD anywhere (legit, bootleg, or otherwise)?

Tim

There's a version available with Goldsmith conducting the London Symphony - the CD is Telarc CD-80560, the SA-CD Hybrid is Telarc SACD-60560. It's coupled with the distinctly less-impressive Christus Apollo.

But it contains the very impressive "Works for Orchestra."

Goldsmith's Soarin along with Bruce Broughton's Season Of The Vine is available on CD, be warned though, the rest is crap.

I'm not as crazy about Soarin as most people so I'll vote for Fireworks.

Here's a link to Amazon for the CD. It's an import, I'm not sure but I think there was a cheaper domestic release as well.

CD Link

Does the Epcot version of Soarin' use Goldsmith's music as well? I'm pretty sure it's a replica of the California Adventure version.

Yep, it's the same ride with the same (wonderful) music.

Ray Barnsbury

I think Soarin' works much better live, sans the synth but with more energy. The structure is a bit odd (Fireworks is much more organised), but it's still charming.

:rolleyes: Star Trek: The Motion Picture

The performance of Fireworks on the CD is a bit slow. I had a version downloaded on my PC that someone had recorded from a concert and it was perfromed with much more energy.