This IS NOT About the 30th Anniversary Star Wars DVDs

Joe Brausam

Source

Lucas WILL release all the films in a special boxset in November this year. He will also release a Prequel boxset seperatly for those who already have the original trilogy boxset. The biggest news is however that many more changes HAVE been made to the films (mainly episodes IV-VI).

Below is the details for every disk being released in the boxset containing all the films.

THE PHANTOM MENACE:

New Digital and Audio transfer

The Changes:-

1. Some of Jar Jar Binks's lines have been removed and changed

2. Improved CGI backgrounds in certain scenes

3. Yoda's facial expressions are now mostly CGI

Features:-

Slightly altered audio commentary

Deleted Scenes

Original Theatrical Trailers

TV Spots

Duel Of The Fates Music Video Featuring John Williams

Collection of Photographs of Cast,Crew & Production

ATTACK OF THE CLONES:

1. The Jedi Raid on the Droid Control ship has been completed and added to the film (completed footage filmed during episode III)

2. The noises Yoda makes while fighting Dooko have been changed

3. One of C-3PO's lines has been changed and another one has been removed

Slightly longer audio commentary (beacuse film will be slighly longer)

Deleted Scenes

Theatrical Teasers

Launch Trailer

TV Spots

REVENGE OF THE SITH:

The Additions:

1. A scene has been added where Yoda explains to Obi-Wan who erased Kamino from the Jedi files and that he is going to await contact on the planet Dagabah (filmed during episode III)

2. An extended battle on Kassakk

Audio commentary

Deleted Scenes

Theatrical Trailers

TV Spots

John Williams Music Video

EPISODES I-III BONUS DISK:

'From Dreams to Reality' (in depth making of the Prequel Trilogy including interviews with George Lucas, Rick Macallum, John Williams, Ewan Mc Gregor, Natalie Portman, Hayden Christian, Samuel L. Jackson, Frank Oz, Anthony Daniels & Christopher Lee) It runs at about 2hrs 40mins

Preview of 'Clone Wars 3D' television series

Blooper Reel (over 6 & a half mins)

'Extending the Saga' (an in-depth look at how the Lucas's orginal plot for Star Wars has changed)

'CGI'ing the Movies' (an in-depth look at how CGI has had a dramatic effect on the Prequel Trilogy)

'Saber Fights' (A documentary regarding all the lightsaber fights in the Prequel Trilogy. Presented by Nick Gillard)

Exclusive DVD-ROM Content

A NEW HOPE:

1. The 'Imperial March' music has been added to Vader's first appearence

2. When Obi-Wan is talking to Luke about his father Anakin's theme music can heard in the background and when Obi-Wan starts talking about Vader it changes to the Imperial March

3. Luke's lightasber is blue throughout the film

4. In several scenes where creatures are seen (e.g. The Cantina) some have been replaced by creatures seen in the prequels

5. The bleeding arm Obi-Wan slices off a creature in the Cantina does not have blood seen on it

6. Just before the Death Star destroys Alderaan there is a new scene added where different places on the planet can be seen along with Bail Organa & his wife. Shots include Bail being warned of the Death Star, the destrution on the planet which includes massive earthquakes, fire and peopele frantically trying to escape, you see Bail looking up into the blackend sky before the planet totally blows up (filmed during episode III)

7. The Death Star's computers and screens have been improved

8. The opening text crawl has changed (details unknown)

9. Luke looks upset when Biggs dies and he sheds a tear (all CGI & PRT)

10. The duel between Vader & Obi-Wan is roughly a minute longer as there are more shots of the lightsabers clashing and them moving about (done using CGI, PRT & Stuntmen playing Vader & Obi-Wan). Music has been added to the scene as well (deatails unknown yet)

11. Just before the medal ceromony at the end, a scene has been added where Vader lands his damaged ship on Coruscant to meet Palpatine. They discuss the destruction of the Death Star, Obi-Wan, Luke & finding the Rebels. This is the first time Vader relises his children are alive and that Luke destroyed the Death Star (filmed during Episode III)

12. Vader's mask eyes remain black throughout the film

13. John Williams has rescored the music for some of the scenes (details unknown yet apart from changes 1 & 2 in this list)

Alterd Audio Commentary (because of changes)

'A Completed Saga' (interview with George Lucas about the new changes to A New Hope, why he made them and comparing them to the previous versions)

Deleted Scenes

Theatrical Trailer

TV Spots

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK:

1. Some shots where Taun-taun's can be seen have been changed so the Tuan-tuan's have more movement and look more realistic

2. While the battle of Hoth is going on Imperial ships land near the Rebel base and a few more shots of ships flying and being destroyed have been added

3. Some of the views of Bespin (for example the background where Luke is holding on to the metal poles beneath a building) have been improved to look more realistic and ships can be seen flying around in the distance

4. A scene has been added where Yoda is teaching Luke how to fight with a lightasber made possible by Luke wearing a helmet while training (a stunt double plays him)

5. The Wampa scenes have been edited and restored into the film as well as new scenes added. We see a Wampa being brought into the Rebel base and locked into a room with other Wampa's. Later C-3PO knocks the sign off the door the Wampa's are behind stating their there and when the Stormtroopers enter the base they open the door only to be attacked by the Wampa's who then can be seen escaping as the Millennium Falcon blasts off out of Hoth

6. Lightsaber effects improved

7. The sound of Luke's lightasber turning off as he exits cave has been removed

8. Some of Yoda's facial expressions have been improved beacuse of CGI

9. (John Williams has rescored the music for some of the scenes (details unknown yet)

'A Completed Saga' (interview with George Lucas about the new changes to The Empire Strikes Back, why he made them and comparing them to the previous versions)

Theatrical Trailers

TV Spots

RETURN OF THE JEDI:

The Changes:

1. In the battle on Endor more Ewoks and Stormtroopers can be seen fighting and dieing and some parts of the battle have been edited out, members of Han's team can be seen fighting as well (these scenes were shot during the production of Episode I, 7 years ago)

2. Vader uses the force to reclaim his lightasber after he throws it at Luke and the sound of him turning it on again has been removed

3. The lightasber duel between Luke and Vader is slightly longer (just more shots of clshing lightsabers)

4. The lightsaber effects have been improved

5. Vader has a flashback of Padme after his talk with Luke when he first meets him on Endor (filmed during Episode III)

6. Kassykk & Utapau have been added to the end celebration scenes

7. Some of Yoda's facial expressions have been improved beacuse of CGI

8. Boba Fett's scream has been changed

9. Chewbacca's Tarzan call has been removed

10. John Williams has rescored the music for some of the scenes (details unknown yet)

'A Completed Saga' (interview with George Lucas about the new changes to Return of the Jedi, why he made them and comparing them to the previous versions)

Theatrical Trailers

TV Spots

Deleted Scenes

EPISODES IV-VI BONUS DISK:

'Empire of Dreams' (in depth making of the 0rginal Trilogy documentary that traces the evolution of Star Wars from a low-budget, labour-of-love space saga to a movie phenomenon that defied the odds and reinvented the rules. At its core, Empire of Dreams tells the story of an independent filmmaker who had to innovate and invent an entirely new way of creating motion pictures. Featuring all-new interviews with George Lucas and more than 40 members of the cast and crew from all three films, Empire of Dreams also includes appearances by a host of filmmakers and media personalities, along with never-before-seen behind-the-scenes footage from the making of the three films. This new documentary brings viewers the most comprehensive look at a pioneer who triumphed against the odds to create an enduring modern fairy tale that has captivated the world) It runs at about 2hrs 30mins

Blooper Reel (over 7 mins)

'The Birth of the Lightsaber' (Its unforgettable hum and scintillating glow are instantly recognizable around the world, and now viewers will discover the origins of this elegant weapon from a more civilized age. This documentary, devoted to the lightsaber, features insight from George Lucas, cast and crew into the history of the iconic laser sword. It showcases the genesis of the lightsaber stunt and special-effects work and illustrates how each film in the Star Wars saga has surpassed the previous one with spectacular action set pieces featuring the Jedi's most trusted weapon)

'The Characters of Star Wars' (An in-depth look at how favourite characters came to be, featuring rare concept art, behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with George Lucas and the cast and crew who shaped the screen's favorite heroes--Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo, Chewbacca, R2-D2 and C-3PO--and the greatest villain of all, Darth Vader)

'The Force Is With Them: 'The Legacy of Star Wars' (Star Wars opened up a galaxy of possibilities to a generation of filmmakers and creative talents. Viewers will hear first-hand from some of the most notable filmmakers of our time about how influential the Star Wars movies have been to their lives)

'Inspiration to an epic' (A look at the many inspirations George Lucas had to create the world of 'Star Wars')

Saga Trailer (A Trailer for the entire whole Saga)

Source

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A NEW HOPE:

1. The 'Imperial March' music has been added to Vader's first appearence

If this is true....then I've just been violated by a man with no neck!
13. John Williams has rescored the music for some of the scenes (details unknown yet apart from changes 1 & 2 in this list)

Fuck you, John Williams!

I doubt it, these details have mostly been popping up for the past couple of years. I wouldn't mind as I already have the originals on DVD, but I highly doubt this is the real deal, especially since the source is a post from a message board.

Wait a secondJW RE SCORED some scenes?Could he have fixed TMP too?

maybe that's what he has been doing with so much spare time...

K.M.Awaiting Neils' wrath

Wait,this iosn't even at TFN yet.What is the source of this?

I for one welcome these changes,since they can't make them any worse than the S.E.'s

IF JW did some rescoring it could mean new c.d.'s with new music of the OT

anyways I'm sure it's fake

Oh, I think this list is fan wank of the highest order. I'm sure something is coming this year, to be announced at VirginCon...I mean Celebration IV, but this ain't it.

Lucas isn't willing to pay to restore the original versions but he's willing to pay Williams to re-score three movies?

Neil

While I said I do want the theatrical editions of the OT digitally restored and released on DVD, I actually do want that. However, I at the same time welcome the changes to the OT. I know some of you might think that's backwards talking or whatever...but all this Lucas bashing has just gotten old...

Honestly if most of you are that upset about the changes (which we all knew would happen eventually) then don't buy the set plain and simple.

Oh, it is fake. I saw this list right after Revenge of the Sith came out, and every couple of months it pops back up, with a change here or there. Some of the stuff would be nice, but this is nothing more than a wish list. And considering that the source is a post on a message board, I don't know why anyone actually believed this in the first place.

The prequel ones actually seem plausable. The scene mentioned with Yoda and Obi-Wan in RotS sounds interesting, reminicent of the Qui-Gon scene that was scripted (I think) but never filmed (again, I think, I know Liam Neeson wasn't brought back). And Lord knows we could do with less 3PO at the end of AotC.

But once it starts talking about Williams rescoring anything, goodbye rails, hello hard earth. If nothing else, if Williams did such a thing we would know about it. We have sources.

Oh, and how in the world did the person that wrote that BS manage to spell Kashyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyk without a single y? :blink:

Actually that list might be fake... especially about the part where it says AOTC will be given a new digital transfer.... kind of hard to do since AOTC was shot digitally...

I honestly wasn't aware that they filmed a whole bunch of extra material during the Prequel shoots that would eventually be used and inserted into the Original Trilogy. That would mean that Lucas has always planned this.

Tim

How about this:

According to The Hollywood Reporter, George Lucas is such a fan of the latest 3-D technology that he is planning to remaster all of the Star Wars films for rerelease in 3-D.

Appearing as part of a sextet of high-profile directors promoting 3-D and digital cinema at ShoWest on Thursday, Lucas said he hadn't yet committed to a precise schedule but hoped to have the first film ready for the 30th anniversary of the original Star Wars movie in 2007 and that he would then rerelease one Star Wars film per year in 3-D.

Lucas was joined by James Cameron, Robert Zemeckis, Robert Rodriguez and Randal Kleiser. Peter Jackson joined the group via a pretaped 3-D segment. They all implored the exhibition community to invest in digital projectors, which would allow theaters to show their upcoming movies in 3-D. Cameron is in preproduction on the 3-D film Battle Angel, planned for a 2007 release. Zemeckis has two 3-D features in production, and Rodriguez is readying The Adventures of Shark Boy & Lava Girl in 3-D for release in the summer. Jackson, who is currently filming King Kong, announced no specific 3-D plans, but according to sources he has installed a 3-D master suite in his production offices in New Zealand.

Source: Movie Web

Could he have fixed TMP too?

That's already been done.

e659828fd7a0345b1b0cf010.L.jpg

Neil

Yes, and I think it's the finest example of how to utilize CG to actually go back and truly improve a movie. As much of a fan as I am of Trek, I never could make much of TMP until the Director's Edition. Fine work.

I wonder what would be more naive: to think that these (obviously fake) fanboy news are true, or that there is no truth to it at all. :banghead:

Karol, who won't buy it anyway.

Our Grand Master should have known better than to believe that.

Frankly the "improvements" to ST:TMP really don't do anything to enhance the film, other than the main credits, but I still like watching it from time to time.

Frankly the "improvements" to ST:TMP really don't do anything to enhance the film, other than the main credits, but I still like watching it from time to time.

You think?

While it didn't completely change my views on the film, the DC seems "finished", which is - in a lot of ways - a great improvement, for me anyway.

Eh, it still consists of people standing around doing nothing. In all honesty, outside of the new Vulcan non of the visuals really do anything for me, the matte painting of Kirk's arrival to Starfleet looks worse than the original version.

While we're on the subject of the Star Trek films.... it's too bad they couldn't been given a proper digital transfer... well Star Trek TMP through Insurrection at least..

While we're on the subject of the Star Trek films.... it's too bad they couldn't been given a proper digital transfer... well Star Trek TMP through Insurrection at least..

?????

They have, haven't they?