Marching Band plays AOTC Action Music

Dr. Jones

Very interesting.. They play a snippet of "Bounty Hunter's Pursuit" from AOTC at 1:24

what do you think about that? I always thought that brassbands in general are happy if they "just" have to play the Main Theme... but that's truly brave... I don't play in a marchingband but I can imagine that Music to be pretty tough to play :)

Not very important "news" i know.. but maybe interesting i thought:

You can find it at the bottom of the page:

http://www.kansasoz.com/band/usarmidi.htm

PS.: Yes that Trumpet Notes at the beginning chord of the Maint Title.. so high, so high... ;)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the record, that's not a marching band, but a Military Concert Band joined by some other high school students.

And Robert W. Smith, the guy who did the arrangement, is a well known band composer, and has done several good Williams arrangements.

-JCM

Just for the record, that's not a marching band, but a Military Concert Band joined by some other high school students.

And Robert W. Smith, the guy who did the arrangement, is a well known band composer, and has done several good Williams arrangements.

-JCM

Robert W. Smith conducted me for All-State Band in 98 - cool guy! (98 was also the year David Holsinger conducted our All-Region Band....it was definitely a good year for me conductor-wise).

Robert W. Smith conducted me for All-State Band in 98 - cool guy! (98 was also the year David Holsinger conducted our All-Region Band....it was definitely a good year for me conductor-wise).

We had David Holsinger too for All-Region in '98! We played "Fanfare for the Uncommon Man" (which was written in tribute to a past director at my college) and "American Faces". We were joking he reminded us of JW, balding with the white hair, and glasses. Fantastic guy. He had so much energy on the podium, funny story - when he was conducting "American Faces" he got very into it at rehearsal and actually injured his forehead with his baton and it was bleeding! That was a first for me. :))

Anyway, back to the topic lol.... creative arrangement by Smith, even if the performance was a little rough. Always nice to hear bands trying some of JW's less played cues.

Thanks for the link!

Greta