The Big Bad Star Trek XI Thread

BLUMENKOHL

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was no need to make a new thread. I suspect Marc or Neil to join the two threads. Hmm, seeing that trailer... I dunno I'm BEGINNING to have second doubts about the movie. I may still wait to see it on Blu-Ray though.

Looks impressive, certainly. I'll still reserve judgment for the film itself, though...I'll go in with cautiously optimistic feelings, and then I'll either be treated to a great experience that's even better than I expected, or the film won't be very good, and I'll simply accept that that's how Star Trek is sometimes, and move on.

But I'm hoping it's the former. And I think it could be. =)

Eh, was a pretty average trailer for the most part. The only really outstanding trailer for this film has been the teaser.

Eh, was a pretty average trailer for the most part. The only really outstanding trailer for this film has been the teaser.

gotta say I agree with you Indy4

what's the word for it? underwhelmed, yeah thats it.

btw if thats giacchino's music, and I have no idea that it is or isn't, its not very good.

I have a very Aotc feeling about this movie.

This trailer was so fantastic, it deserves it's own thread. Words cannot describe what I'm feeling at this moment. What an awesome trailer. Just look at this amazing shot!

Picture3-1.png

In the history of cinema, there has never been a shot as great as that.

Neil

By which you mean, there is no comparison? :angry:

And I did rather like that shot in the context of the trailer, but objectively, I see very little that's great about it. Composition ain't special and the blown-out highlights in the windows aren't attractive. What makes the shot great is what it's about. What it's of.

I'm missing something...why did you remove one guy from the lower right? To imply that the shot is REALLY close to perfection?

No our comments are not identical. Look closer.

Right you are, Neil...they are not identical. But it is you who must look closer. I said they are virtually identical.

But I'm a slow one - can you very carefully explain to me how our statements differ in their intended meanings? I was under the impression that we were both saying the shot is great because it shows a multitude of young Starfleet students in their educational environment. (I apologize if there are major actors in this shot who I've missed...I'm not yet very good at recognizing the faces of the actors in this particular film.)

I apologize if there are major actors in this shot who I've missed...I'm not yet very good at recognizing the faces of the actors in this particular film.

Karl Urban is clearly in the shot, just a few seats down from that person that Alan covered in his act of desecration! I should ban him for that!!!!!!!!!

Neil

Frankly I don't care about Karl Urban or anyone else in that shot.

Okay....maybe one person. The shot looks even better in HD!

Picture4.png

Neil

Terrific trailer. I think there's a bit too much of the relentless music with flashes of images...but boy were those images fantastic. I am at last excited for this film.

Wow Neil that's very cool, be an extra in one of your favorite franchises :P

Damn, i should have gone to seville and try to get in the Naboo plaza scenes... :angry:

You would have been digitally transformed into a Gungan.

Wow Neil that's very cool, be an extra in one of your favorite franchises :)

Damn, i should have gone to seville and try to get in the Naboo plaza scenes... :lol:

You would have been digitally transformed into a Gungan.

I wonder what that feels like.

This trailer was so fantastic, it deserves it's own thread. Words cannot describe what I'm feeling at this moment. What an awesome trailer. Just look at this amazing shot!

Picture3-1.png

Neil

Words of a true fanboy Neil.

It started out well, but got progressively worse for me, although the effects at the end looked cool.

Not a movie I plan to see in the cinema, or possibly at all.

Wow it took the people in this thread way too long to recognize Neil in the first photo he posted :lol:

Neil, had you not previously mentioned at JWFan you were an extra? Maybe it was only on your facebook that I read about that...

The visual effects shots look great, the dialogue sounds terrible and the music appears to be a god awful remix of the finale from Goldenthal's Titus.

To be honest I don't have any problem with what I'm seeing because we're getting a story that takes place before TOS.

We've never had an official show/movie that shows how the crew got together.

Niel if this thing stinks, I'm implimenting general order 24.