New Intrada CD Announced

Trent B

I didn't see a thread on this so forgive me if there is one all ready. This was posted on Doug's forum.

"our next Special Collection release (due around the middle of March) will disappear fast, given that it's one of the finest scores written by a very popular (sadly deceased) composer. --Doug"

Anyone wanna take a jab at what score and who from?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd guess Goldsmith, Poledouris or Bernstein.

Any scores by these gentlemen are most welcomed. I am hoping for more poledouris and bernstein though because there is not nearly as much available from them as there is from goldsmith.

"Sadly deceased" sounds like it was relatively recent, so I'd guess Goldsmith, Poledouris or Bernstein.

I'm with you there. I hope I'm wrong though, looks like I'll be short on money again for a while...

Who said anything about unreleased scores?

OK, unreleased or OOP Kamen scores?

Back To Gaya to name just one! Magnificent score, recorded in london, no reuse fees!

I'm not familiar with it, but I need more Kamen in my collection, so I'd probably get it if it was released. bowdown

I've actually been listening to a lot of Kamen the last two days. Good stuff. I'd defenitely like to hear some of Kamen's later LW scores, or a proper CD of Die Hard 3. Or a complete Robin Hood...

I would also love to see Highlander or Lethal Weapon 4 released.

Although LW 4 is basically a re-hash of material from the first three scores, the performance and energy is really the best of them all and the asian flavoured action stuff in there is really cool (especially the chinatown chase).

There is a lot of redundancy in the LW scores, but there's definatly enough to warrant a 2 CD best of compilation.

And yes I would welcome a CD release of Die Hard 3 that actually has some of the music you remember from the film.

Hmm...I don't suppose Shirley Walker would classify...He said popular. If that's in score circles then it's a possiblity, but in the mainstream...probably not, unfortunately. It would be awesome if this is a release of some B:TAS music.

I don't know... it could be that. It would indeed be fantastic. :lol:

But I can't help thinking that would have been more "Signature Edition" material. Just a guess, though.

True; I'm thinking something along the lines of the "Amazing Stories" set.

Another thing is that he said "one of the finest scores..." so, it looks like a no-go here. I suppose it would be a long shot to hope it's one of those Varese titles coming out--it seems like Intrada would be more likely for that release.

Of the composers already mentioned, Poledouris sounds to be the most appealing candidate for a score release--and the most likely.

Feel free to lower expectations every now and then. I said our next release is one of the finest from a sadly deceased composer but that doesn't mean it's a lost masterpiece by Jerry Goldsmith. I think it's one of this guy's best, but you might not. So I'm learning to temper my enthusiasm.

Hey, one other thing pops into mind. It really just occured to to me that on top of everything else, we're working on three other complete restoration releases written by sadly deceased composers - and one of them really is on many people's all-time most wanted list. So while all four of these upcoming mystery items come from dead guys, I can probably say with confidence one of them will meet the highest of expectations. That oughta send some of you off and running. (No - it isn't SPARTACUS, but it's up there.)

--Doug

I dare to predict that this release he is talking about which is on many peoples want list is something from Elmer Bernstein. So many fan favourites of his music have been released so far, always with the help of the composer's estate, that it is very likely to be something along the lines of Heavy Metal.

But that's just one out of 4. There are way too many sadly deceased composers to narrow things down just now.

No date. Sometime in the next few days.

EDIT: Doug Fake talls me that currently they are looking to announce the new release this coming Monday night (PT).

Prometheus will do an expanded Conan The Destroyer but as it seems, they delayed this one because of obvious reasons.

Anyways, here is Roger Feigelsons latest statement:

Just a heads up that the special collection title will be announced on Monday, once we have everything in place.

Look here for a clue the day before, which will hopefully be somewhat helpful. At least more helpful than my usual clues. It's not like I want you to easily guess, otherwise I might as well tell you the title. Of course, I can't give you a clue and expect you not to get it, otherwise, why bother giving a clue? And if you give a mouse a cookie, he'll probably want some milk to go with it.

Heck, I'll give you a clue now since you feel cheated with all my previous clues: It's by some guy with the initials GD. That's your bonus clue. More on Sunday.

Looks like it's going to be a george dunning score.

Isn't Basil's death a very obvious reason?

Ford Thaxton said there won't be any poledouris releases from prometheus for the time being because of his passing. I suppose that should include conan the destroyer.

No they were clearing the release way before anything bad happened and besides, nothing was announced officially yet (the info was leaked from relieable insider sources). I am not sure about the current state of that release but something tells me that this was meant to be their big release for early 2007 and maybe it could have been available already. It's certainly coming but I guess they will wait just a couple more months.

Unless I am mistaken, nowhere did anyone say the composer died recently. They just said "sadly deceased".

And the only composers I know with the initials are Georges Delerue and George Duning (with one 'n'). I am guessing it's duning, because Roger said it's delerue and I dont trust him :lol:

They just don't want to cash in on his passing because Basil was very close to everyone at Prometheus, especially Ford Thaxton so it is kind of understandable.

And it's not like they would stop releasing his music entirely. They just delay releasing more for the time being.

I would assume that Basil's death would be a reason to release more of his work, and not to pospone it.

Not if you were close to him, I believe Ford had a friendship with him. It might difficult for them to work on a project or out of respect they might delay the release.

Intrada caught a bit of grief for releasing Goldsmith's Bandolero the day after he passed. You could honestly say both sides have good arguments for delaying or releasing a disc after a composer passes.