New Intrada CD Announced

Trent B

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prometheus will do an expanded Conan The Destroyer but as it seems, they delayed this one because of obvious reasons.

Conan the Destroyer would be a really nice rerelease. Hopefully it's the original recording this time (the OST sounds completely different from what's in the film . . . or at least it seemed to the one time I watched the film).

If anything, they should rerelease both Conan scores in expanded form.

The Conan tapes are in pretty bad shape. Apparently, all the usable stuff was on the Varese album. Though even a straight re-issue of that would be welcome, since it is long out of print.

So are the tapes for Conan the Barbarian trashed or something? I keep hearing vague reports, but nothing very specific.

If so . . . that really pisses me off!!!

So are the tapes for Conan the Barbarian trashed or something? I keep hearing vague reports, but nothing very specific.

If so . . . that really pisses me off!!!

Ford A. Thaxton has maintained for years that the mastertapes are in very poor shape.

Some other record producer (i think it was lalaland's own Michael Gerhard but it could also be someone else) once said that fans would be quite surprised if they would know how many more recent original recordings are already lost or damaged beyond repair.

Quite shocking if you consider how easily things can be preserved these days with relatively little effort.

Roger Feigelson over at Intrada had started a thread about scores that have missing/damaged elements.

In fact it's one of the reasons Alien hasn't been released. In the recent VS club releases thread at FSM Nick Redman mentions that they can't find the multi-track masters.

It's an interesting read, he mentions the issue of who holds the rights to the score was one of the reasons they did the isolated score on the DVD.

They should re-record Conan with a better orchestra and choir :D

Thats true. Also, cookies taste good.

:)

That would be just as welcome.

However since Conan already exists I would much rather see the labels tackle other scores that haven't seen the light of day yet.

So when is amazing Stories 3 coming?...oh right ,never...because when they finally find the lost tapes to that elfman score 2 or 3 people care about the Universal Vaults will be closed again

Pffffff.......

I agree.

Well at least Mark was right about it being a CD from Georges Delerue.

What do you mean, he was right about that? Roger Feigelson of Intrada specifically said it would be a Delerue score.

I guessed Georges Delerue before Roger actually admitted it was him.

Although it wasn't too difficult. Any score from Delerue is welcome.

I think Doug said Amazing Stories 3 will be out in April or early May. This set wasn't just about John Williams and there is more than 3 people who wanted Elfman's music to Family Dog but apparently thats lost on some people.

It is remarkable how American you are when it comes you your film composers.

Morlock- who does not think Delerue is someone to be mocked in any way shape or form (And I am referring to the name, not the comment)

There's nothing wrong with being American. You could ask the same question of any person's nationality, no matter what country.

I guess Morlock is saying that most Americans prefer their own and aren't interested in expanding their tastes although I believe Joe likes some of Delerue's music.

I was not saying it as a bad thing, simply that mocking a french name/word strikes me as American, as opposed to European. And, specifically, something Joe would say.

I was not saying it as a bad thing, simply that mocking a french name/word strikes me as American, as opposed to European. And, specifically, something Joe would say.

My apologies.

No, but you can change your nationality. Gabriel Yared was born in Lebanon, but he conciders himself a Frenchman, and a French composer.