2nd Annual Soncinemad Madrid Film Music Festival

BigMacGyver

I received word that Alan Silvestri and his friend David Newman will be the special guests at this year's Film Music Festival in Madrid, Spain. Like Trevor Jones and Harry Gregson-Williams last year, the two gentlemen will conduct concerts of their music.

Silvestri will reportedly be joined by his entire family.

So far this is only rumours but an official announcement is said to come early next week already! Stay tuned!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will take place in June 29, 30 and July 1.

But everything is rumours so far. Because I've heard about other different composers going to that event...

Powell, Debney, Arnold and Navarrete are confirmed for Úbeda (July 19-22), whilst Broughton is only rumoured right now...

But everything is rumours so far. Because I've heard about other different composers going to that event...

Powell, Debney, Arnold and Navarrete are confirmed for Úbeda (July 19-22), whilst Broughton is only rumoured right now...

It seems there's a stiff competition between the two Spanish festivals... In fact, why don't organize one big single event instead of two festivals in three weeks?

It seems there's a stiff competition between the two Spanish festivals... In fact, why don't organize one big single event instead of two festivals in three weeks?

They don't get along very well, so your guess (about the competition) is right, Maurizio.

Hm, that's a bit too far apart for one trip, but I'm not sure I'd have the budget to fly back and forth twice. Let alone stay there for a month. Damn.

I don't think the cost of flying is the problem. If you book early enough you can get airline tickets for a decent price (last year I paid 180€ for my tickets in high season)

It's all the other stuff that comes with it, the stuff you just don't calculate.

I agree, also hotels in the summer season in Madrid will be expensive, as will food and all the CD's and DVD's you'll end up buying.

Oh, just split a room with some other JWFan member, like Neil and Ray did. My place is open for the braver JWFanners, too. Although I'm not sure I'll be going there myself.

Marc and Steef on a road trip together..... :lol:

Cue Peter Gabriel's "Solisbury Hill".

That begs for a complete title, though. Like adding JWFan - The Movie or something before. The rest of veterans would be featured in the episodic miniplots that'd ammount for the plot of the film.

At this point it is more likely I will be accompanied by my good friend and certified Spaniard Rubén.

A cool guy, may I say.

I've also tested the advantages of "Guesthouse Ross" (full board included). Highly recommended.

If anyone in this board needs some help with the bookings and such things I'll be glad to be of any help for you.

I already did my preinscription, so I'm going to Úbeda for sure.

OK. Úbeda is a small town, which does have a local orchestra... wrongly named "Filarmónica de Andalucía" (really shameful they use the name of "Andalucía" for such a horrible sounding). They hired extra musicians for last year's concert.

However, I've been told the conference is gonna have a much better orchestra this year (I wish it were either the Seville Symphony or the Málaga Philharmonic... such awesome orchestras).

I have already pre-registered with Soncinemad. Cant miss the first Live concerts consisting of only Alan Silvestri's and David Newman's music. That has been a dream of mine since ages.

I think I will take some good camera equipment with me to document the event if I will be allowed to do so.

Confirmed! From Silvestri-Expert Emile Brinkman:

CONFIRMED

I couldn't respond to his thread earlier because I had to keep it a secret. But now I can finally officially confirm this rumour. Soncinemad has given me permission to bring the news that Alan will give a concert on June 30 in Madrid, Spain. It will start at 21:00 at the Teatro Monumental. Alan will conduct his best themes and suites for orchestra and choir.

and from Emile's unofficial Silvestri website:

Alan will give a concert at the Soncinemad film music festival in Madrid, Spain on June 30 at 21:00

in the Teatro Monumental

He will conduct his best themes and suites for orchestra and choir

http://www.alan-silvestri.com/main.html