tony69

OMG i love that movie. and btw the score wasn't that bad. i actually rather liked it, and it worked at the end. course i watched it in imax, so i was very in awe of themovei.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw it. All style and no substance. I see this resonating most with the sub-species of the world (20 and under).

It was entertaining though, and I will hand it to them that it wasn't like anything I have seen before. All in all, a good weekend investment, as long as you don't expect much depth out of it.

As a Goldenthal fan, I was very pissed to hear such blatent plagerism of his choral piece VICTORIOUS TITUS from TITUS at the beginning of 300. This is not debatable as in "Horner used the theme from Schindler's List in Enemy at the Gates", but it is full on copying of another composer's work and taking credit for it.

That said, I really dug the movie and the rest of the score.

Well, Horner didn't use the SL theme. He used a theme from Mahler. The question is, did JW rip off SL from Mahler.

Well, Horner didn't use the SL theme. He used a theme from Mahler. The question is, did JW rip off SL from Mahler.

Yes, yes... semantics. My point is still the same.

This is not debatable as in "Horner used the theme from Schindler's List in Behind Enemy Lines", but it is full on copying of another composer's work and taking credit for it.

You mean like Horner in Willow. :mellow:

I won't waste my time with this film. Not only does it look idiotic, but it's got my least favorite camera trick ever: Shot starts at normal speed then abruptly goes into super slow motion before speeding up and finishing at normal speed again. Who was the first moron to do that?

But, better yet, who likes it?

I sort of enjoyed the film... it was neither great nor terrible as I expected. It was a mishmash of Troy, Gladiator, and Sin City (predictably though), and it felt like a non-interactive videogame. I give it a B-... it's a rental.

I'm excited about seeing it, but I realize that it will be pretty much all style/action. Plus I'm a big fan of Miller.

I'm excited about seeing it, but I realize that it will be pretty much all style/action. Plus I'm a big fan of Miller.

I prefer Alan Moore's books, but then again he isn't the most lucky writer with adaptations of his work. Pity, but understandable. Too dense for a regular movie. They are about to start Watchmen this year, and I don't think it's a good idea.

Karol

I prefer Alan Moore's books, but then again he isn't the most lucky writer with adaptations of his work. Pity, but understandable. Too dense for a regular movie. They are about to start Watchmen this year, and I don't think it's a good idea.

Karol

I doubt that they will translate Watchmen with any success. 'Course, some of Moore's books have become good films, like V for Vendetta.

Yes, but still heavily cheapened. The book is a lot more smart. Absent is all of this "V being fighter for freedom and a hero" and "I torture you only because I love you" nonsense.

Karol

I won't waste my time with this film. Not only does it look idiotic, but it's got my least favorite camera trick ever: Shot starts at normal speed then abruptly goes into super slow motion before speeding up and finishing at normal speed again. Who was the first moron to do that?

But, better yet, who likes it?

I like it in trailers or clips, but have never liked it in a movie for some reason.

Burga - who thinks this effect probably had anime influences

I'm usually not a big fan of speed ramping either, but I thought it worked okay in this film.

I was pretty disappointed with the music, though. The film could've had a killer score, but instead, the music was just kinda... there. And don't get me started on the electric guitars.

The book is a lot more smart. Absent is all of this "V being fighter for freedom and a hero"

Yeah, I suspected that was probably the case. Do they talk about an "axis of evil" at any stage?

and "I torture you only because I love you" nonsense.

Is - "I bug your domestic phone calls only because I love you" in there too?

see it was a FUN movie. like pirates of the carribean. Obviously its not meant to be a smart movie; how smart is having 1.5 hours worth of fighting in a movie in general? but it was fun. and the score worked; it wasnt bad nor good, but served its function. and oh, they have the famous middle eastern female voice that has crept into scores nowadays. Almost a cliche now.

Saw it. All style and no substance. I see this resonating most with the sub-species of the world (20 and under).

It was entertaining though, and I will hand it to them that it wasn't like anything I have seen before. All in all, a good weekend investment, as long as you don't expect much depth out of it.

I'm glad to know where I stand in this caste system.

Anyone else notice the goat-head guy playing the guitar during the final march?

I saw that guy in the tent and I completely lost my mind. Nice score, by the way.