Minority Report

ocelot

Does anyone here know if Williams has recorded the score and if not, when he plans to do so? If it's in LA, I want to get to the scoring session. It might be on the Sony Lot but I'm not sure.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one knows anything, or at least no one is saying anything. This is turning out to be a phantom menace compared to the AOTC scoring news.

~Harry

I'm going to try and find out from some sources. I just didn't know what the scoop was if any. DO we even know if he IS scoring it here?

Well, considering that the movie will hit theater in less than a month, I'm pretty sure Williams has already recorded the score.

I don't find the miss of infos about MR that much strange... Spielberg probably wanted a very tight control over any news spreading out about the film. Yes, I know it's a bit strange, because in the internet era we want to know *everything* NOW...

Well, look at it in a positive way... maybe we'll have some very big surprise while watching the movie and listening to the CD. :) I'm sure they'll amaze us one more time!

Maurizio

--

:( Ralph Vaughan Williams Sinfonia Antarctica

I don't know... Sometimes the music is recorded 2 to 3 weeks before the release, so it could be getting done right now if not next week. That's why I'm trying to find out. I hope it's good. I have a feeling he's over worked with orchestral stuff so he's going to go a different route, and I personally love his orchestral stuff. We'll see...

No way, Williams seems to be married with the orchestra from how he talks about it. Didn't he once say it wasn't the greatest invention by man?

I hope so and I hope the chase stuff is on the same sort of city sounding tip as in the chase through corruscant

I have reason to believe that he has recorded the score already or is about to. I've been meaning to call a friend of mine at Sony and ask him for info. I'll e-mail him tonite and hope he replies soon.

Dan - who slightly envies his friend..........just a wee tad

It's either going to be Sony or WB/Sunset.

But I meant Sony Studios, not Sony Classical.

Dan - who would never speak a "Sony Classical" friend if he had one

I was under the impression, thanks to Scott Bettencourt (sp?), that Dreamworks Records would be responsible for the Minority Report album release.

Especially considering it's a Dreamworks SKG picture, distributed by Twentieth Century Fox. Something tells me it's definitely not a Warner release.

As long as it's not Sony Classical, I don't care who's releasing it.

~Harry

Well, I agree that Sony Classical has indeed proved itself most unreliable and most unprofessional, but I feel that Lucasfilm, George Lucas, Ken Wannberg, and even John Williams himself are all more responsible for the controversial production of the Star Wars prequel soundtrack releases.

Ocelot,

That would be great if you can make it to the sessions. You can then report to us of your experience.

But, it's so close to release date that I would believe he is done with it. True that sometimes scores get recorded as late as 2-4 weeks before opening, but those situations mainly are due to problems with post production, or with re-scoring with a new composer, etc. From what I understand, Spielberg doesn't like to cut it that close, since he regards Williams' music to be such an important part of his movie.

Also, from what I understand, Williams started work on it right after he got back from the Olympics, prior to which he just got back from London recording session. From interpreting his calendar, he is required to finish the horn concerto for Chicago and some other miscelaneous pieces, then off to score either Catch Me If You Can or Harry Potter 2.

Like you, I can't wait for the Minority Report score. I wonder how he approached it.

Still, if by any chance you did make it to the sessions, please share it with us. Thanks.

I was under the impression, thanks to Scott Bettencourt (sp?), that Dreamworks Records would be responsible for the Minority Report album release.

Especially considering it's a Dreamworks SKG picture, distributed by Twentieth Century Fox.  Something tells me it's definitely not a Warner release.

yes, I've heard Dreamworks Records is releasing the album. They are the same company that released the Saving Private Ryan soundtrack (which is a very good album. It was complete, AND it included all unused cues).

NP: Die Walkure: Act II (Richard Wagner)

What is the music that has been used in all of the trailers up until now?

-Jason, who wants to know because that music kicked

I think I've heard Horner. "Bishop's Countdown" from Aliens

I only know that the music you can hear in the second and best trailer is from Gladiator (Zimmer), The Thirteenth Warrior (Goldsmith) and Backdraft (Zimmer again).

YES!! I'm terribly sorry. I got confused there for a second. DreamWorks Records will be producing and releasing Minority Report.

Jason -- the trailer music I most like is the "elevator scene" which, I believe, is tracked with The 13th Warrior score (Goldsmith)

Dan - buying that CD soon.

I hope so and I hope the chase stuff is on the same sort of city sounding tip as in the chase through corruscant

Probably, but with some electronics added. That's what I mean when I say it might be more Goldsmithian.

This score isn't going to be released on Sony, is it?

What's so bad about Sony? Other than the TPM UE there releases have been quite fine.

Also, from what I understand, Williams started work on it right after he got back from the Olympics, prior to which he just got back from London recording session.

When did Williams compose AOTC?

This score isn't going to be released on Sony, is it?

What's so bad about Sony? Other than the TPM UE there releases have been quite fine.

Their three Star Wars releases are enough to make me not want anymore Sony movie soundtracks.

~Harry

They have only released 3 star wars cd's. I am happy with 2 of them (I honestly don't expect more than a 1 cd release the first time around)

But I mean, they only did one poor cd release. That is no reason to be so bias against them!

Yeah -- all this stems from the "Ultimate Edition" of Episode I, right?

And maybe they could've done a bit better with Episode II, but, like Morn, I don't expect more than a 1-CD release anyways. And, for what it's worth, it's a great "reduction", if anything. At least I think so.

Dan - who wishes Warner-Sunset/Atlantic would just go ahead and release a 2-CD Harry Potter already. :roll:

So did anyone find out yet. I won't be able to till next week.

Minority Report is not going to be a Sony release.

We discussed this on the old board.

What has happened to everyones memory?

It is being released by Dreamworks Records.

Joe, still perplexed by the stealth approach Minority Report is taking.

Does anyone here know if Williams has recorded the score and if not, when he plans to do so?  If it's in LA, I want to get to the scoring session.  It might be on the Sony Lot but I'm not sure.

This is on the site of joann kane music service, who does all Williams'albums (Joannkanemusic.com):

In January John recorded his score to Star Wars II-Attack of The Clones at Abbey Road in London and will record his score to Minority Report in Los Angeles in April, after taking time out from writing to conduct the Academy Awards on March 24th

So I think it is recorded now....