AotC CD release and copy protection

Martyprod

Hello

here, in France, the AOTC CD release is copy protected.

is there a version of this soundtrack in the world who is not copy protected ? if yes, where ?

thanks.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine said it was (the one that I bought from the UK with the extra track before I realized you could get it from Target) and IT said that the disc will not play in computers and some CD' players...

I almost didn't put it in my computer, but I did...and it worked... so I dunno

Are you sure it's copy protected? Like... did you try... becuase mine said it was, and it wasn't... or at least, it didn't work.

Are you sure it's copy protected? Like... did you try... becuase mine said it was, and it wasn't... or at least, it didn't work.

Yeah, the European OST release atleast in Germany was copy protected. Wouldn't play on computer devices.

Like Good Musician said if you buy from the US you won't get the bonus track, unless it is the one from target, but I have the one from target and it is protected (says it won't play on pc/mac and also came up as protected when I checked on the computer). In spite of this, I had no trouble ripping or playing on my computer. The disc is protected, but it is a rather crappy protection.

The copy-protected AOTC (and Spider-Man, incidentally) CD's worked on some PC's - mostly ones with slightly older CD-ROM drives and perhaps the version of Windows made a difference too...I had no problem ripping it on a PC with an older CD-RW drive running Windows98, but on my PC with XP and a DVD-RW drive it didn't want to know......I have heard this situation from other sources too.....

The copy-protected AOTC (and Spider-Man, incidentally) CD's worked on some PC's - mostly ones with slightly older CD-ROM drives and perhaps the version of Windows made a difference too...I had no problem ripping it on a PC with an older CD-RW drive running Windows98, but on my PC with XP and a DVD-RW drive it didn't want to know......I have heard this situation from other sources too.....

It's funny that topic came up. I finally got a new laptop with Windows XP, and AotC won't play at all! My older laptop with Windows 2000 (I think) had no problem with it. Anyone know how to solve that problem, short of installing the older Windows onto my new laptop???

Rare my ass.

It was just the US where they had that stupid Target exclusive thingy. As far as I know, all other countries just had the fourteen-track release. I think it was the Australian release that even had On the Conveyor Belt listed on the back cover.