What speakers do you listen to your JW through?

Eric_JWFAN

10 hours ago, TheWhiteRider said:

Earbuds?  My god, what is this, the dark ages?

I'm transitioning to my new speaker as my primary listening device. The dark ages are almost over! :lol:

My car speakers. There are 8 of them. Came with the car. At home I have a couple Bluetooth speakers and a huge bar speaker. 

I'm not an audiophile 

I listen through a pair of bargain hi-fi speakers I got on sale at JB Hi-Fi from a brand called Jensen.

And the amp is a Yamaha A-S700 integrated amplifier.

For the small room that I listen in, it gets the job done reasonably well with decent balance and some awesome thump whenever I play music with great dynamic range.

Currently:

energy_ENCORE-GROUP.jpg

But hope to upgrade the fronts once we get settled into the new house, as over the ~15 years I've had this system 2 of the speakers have died

Mostly my standard issue iPhone buds!

I have a nice pair of AKG headphones for when I'm at home though. 

Presonus Eris E5 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250, most of the time the latter.

I miss clear and low bass on the speakers, I also suffer from bad placement/room acoustics while listening to the them, but they sound pretty good despite it.

Headphones, on the other hand, are phenomenal!

I envy you, because at home I can't listen to my music very loud, as I'm not alone!

I listen to music with headphones, mostly of the time.

• 6 years later...

6 years later and I'm maybe ready to pass to another level with my speakers in my office, where I work and listen to my music.

My husband moved his basement office in another piece in the basement, so he's not anymore directly "under" my office, so I'll be able to listen to music outloud without being too much "disturbing".

Listening to music with headphones is fun... but sometimes, we need more "air"!

Time to get new active speakers for my desk!

My floorstanding JBL speakers from 1997 died during a massive water leak disaster in late May, one of a few reasons for why I disappeared from the board for several months (although few people noticed). I've yet to acquire new ones. Playing music now through a couple of ancient 90s PC speakers from Infinity. But I'm searching for new ones to a price I can afford. Have my eyes on Klipsch at the moment.

I went for the Edifier R1700BTs, I didn't want to pay much, and like I said I wanted to stay with active speakers who can stand on my computer desk.

A step at a time, my actual desktop speakers where BOSE Companion 2, who gave the best they could in the last 5 years (and already they were very correct speakers in fact!)

I'll get them today!

It's a Musical Fidelity B200 :) a fantastic little class AB integrated amp from 1990.

IMG_20221128_171355.jpg

The NAD is a terrific player, I remember reading a Hi-Fi Choice review from circa 1991 calling it a Best Buy and citing it's "inky black" noise floor.

I saw it in a 2nd hand shop a few years back for a steal and snapped it up. Sadly no remote control with this particular model but the SQ more than compensates for this.

On 26/11/2022 at 2:07 PM, Thor said:

one of a few reasons for why I disappeared from the board for several months (although few people noticed). 

I really enjoy your contributions to JWFan and definitely noticed! 

I have a pair of Klipsch KG 3.5 (90s era speakers) in the living room that I listen on, though I find them much better for rock/pop than classical and film scores. 

I'll be in the market to upgrade to something better in the next couple of years....

• 1 year later...

All right, I’m bumping this ancient thread because it was the first search result with “speakers” in the thread title.  

Im looking to graduate beyond my current paltry setup which is basically just a cheap sound bar.  Does anyone have personal experience with any stereo setups that are not insanely priced and have either a USB-in or can connect to Bluetooth reliably?

You could check out the stereo system thread that I recently ressurected, mstrox. I did so because I -- after a year and a half's worth of waiting -- finally found a couple of Klipsch RF-62 speakers to a price I could afford. The great thing is, they have such an age now, they're not terribly expensive to find on the secondary market (nor is their bigger brother, the Klipsch RF-82). I've been VERY pleased with them, now that I've had about a month or so to experience them. Rich bass, lots of space in the "between", just recommended all around. They're similar to my earlier JBL speakers, but better.