What speakers do you listen to your JW through?

Eric_JWFAN

I've always found listening to headphones for long periods of time unsastifying. I don't know what any of the technical terms are, but with proper speakers the high points seem higher, and the bass seems... bassier. :baaa:

I only listen with headphones if I have no other option.

I've always found listening to headphones for long periods of time unsastifying. I don't know what any of the technical terms are, but with proper speakers the high points seem higher, and the bass seems... bassier. :baaa:

I only listen with headphones if I have no other option.

I agree, plus I used to listen to headphones quite a bit in my younger years and my hearing isn't as good as once was. ;)

As far as speakers go I use Infinity Beta series.

EVENT_2020BASV2.jpg

Pretty safe monitor speakers for my studio rig. Accurate bass reflex.

The most accurate headphones; all pros own these. without spending super $$$

AKG240s

but be warned it sounds very DIFFERENT with the flatness of these headphones, yet the seperation and accuracy is mind blowing.

02136.jpg

Most of the time I listen to it on the computer, so I use the standard Dell speakers. Other times, I listen on my Zune, in which case I use the standard Zune earphones.

I just realized that I need to get some quality headphones. :)

As far as an actual speaker system with out the headphones to go with the TV and what not... well it's kind of hard to have one of those since I live in an apartment and I wouldn't be able to have it up very loud. Eventually I'll get me one of those Sony $400.00 in a box audio systems which will be fine for me. I'm not too much of an audiophile when it comes to listening to music outside of the headphones.

As far as computer desk speakers go I've got these that I plug my headphones into:

Speakers.jpg

So me and Marian are the only ones with proper speakers?

Mine are proper, in fact they are recommended for SACD and DVD-A as well.

Going off topic a bit, but can you use your regular DVD player for DVD-As, or do you have a special player (like with SA-CDs)?

When I'm sitting at the computer I used a pair of Realistic Minimus 7's. When I'm not sitting at the computer (but still using it or my stereo to play music) I use a pair of Advent Baby II's.

And I think all DVD-As have a Dolby Digital track on them, so you'll get to hear the music but not at the full quality.

Neil

So me and Marian are the only ones with proper speakers?

This is a little surprising. I love headphones, but there's nothing like listening to a Williams soundtrack through a great sound system. Right now I am looking at this speaker.

Gallo Reference 3.1

Going off topic a bit, but can you use your regular DVD player for DVD-As, or do you have a special player (like with SA-CDs)?

I have a Sony DVD player that plays SACDs but not DVD-A. I have a Panasonic DVD player that does play DVD-A.

Neil is correct though, if the DVD-A has a Dolby Digital track you are able to play them on all DVD players.

I don't currently own working speakers, though I've got a borrowed pair of Roland MA-12C stereo micro monitors attached to my iPod at the moment. :thumbup: Normally, I use an old set of Sony MDR-7506 headphones for most of my listening. There is certainly something to be said for listening to music in the larger sonic environment of a room with speakers...but only if the speakers are good. And binaural recordings certainly return some favor to the headphones, too.

I also like listening over speakers, but living with my parents, that's not always an option. I also usually listen to music on my room, when I'm at my PC, so I just plug my Sennheisers into my PC and listen over those. Certainly beats my computer speakers. And no more pesky "turn it down" requests at 1am. Huzzah!

overview-hero.jpg

Alternately I listen to John Williams using these speakers on this computer. They quite good speakers.

And no more pesky "turn it down" requests at 1am. Huzzah!

They should be happy that you're listening to something worthwhile and not the usual crap. :P

That's what I was thinking but noooo.

All these speakers are belong to me

speakers.jpg

I like to make a big sound of John Williams music with this big speekers, it's a good a sound!

• 4 weeks later...

I have JBL E80s, but I kind of regret buying those instead of Polk (which I learned afterwards would have been clearer for orchestral).

You have not heard music as it should be heard unless you've heard it through:

B0000UI304.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1's

I say that with experience with Creative Gigaworks, Logitech Z-5500's, and various headphones.

You just can't beat a midbass drive and tweeter on a computer speaker set. It has the tightest/most precise subwoofer of any sound system I've heard.

• 9 years later...

Not an audiophile, so I usually listen with laptop speakers or ear buds. But yesterday as a gift I received a cylindrical speaker (can't remember the brand at the moment). It's pretty small, but that means it's very portable, and it's definitely a step up in sound quality from previous devices. It's amazing how what speaker you use can cause you to hear all sorts of orchestral detail not audible before.