The USPS Celebrates the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars

mcdaid72000

Hey everybody, I know that probably everybody who is a member of the JWFan site knows that the New Star Wars Postage Stamp has come out today, but my question is: How many are going to purchase this for Collecting? How many are to to purchase to use to send regular mail?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll probably buy a sheet to keep. I just wonder how many fanboy collectors out there are going to commit a felony by trying to steal the R2-D2 coverings that the USPS is putting on blue mailboxes across the country (they do look pretty cool).

Actually, I didn't know that they were coming out. In fact, I didn't even know that it was planned.

I must not be a true fan. :)

I'll probably buy a sheet to keep. I just wonder how many fanboy collectors out there are going to commit a felony by trying to steal the R2-D2 coverings that the USPS is putting on blue mailboxes across the country (they do look pretty cool).

I was wondering the same thing. I give all the mailboxes about a month before they disappear.

Actually, I didn't know that they were coming out. In fact, I didn't even know that it was planned.

I must not be a true fan. :blink:

You're not the only one! When are these coming out if they haven't been released? *edit: I am more tired then I thought and totally buzzed over the first post. Nevermind on the last question*

I must not be a true fan. :blink:

You're not the only one! When are these coming out if they haven't been released?

I think they officially come out in late May.

How many in favor of the USPS of making a commemorative postage stamp for John Williams?

He'd have to be dead for 5 years for that to happen.

Neil

How many in favor of the USPS of making a commemorative postage stamp for John Williams?

He'd have to be dead for 5 years for that to happen.

Neil

Wow, 5 years. I can wait that long.

Update information: The release of the Star Wars stamps are now May 25. Srry that I said March 28th, but that is was the USPS site originally said.

Actually I did get a bunch of the original action figures in the early/mid 80s when I was a kid. I think I've still got them actually, somewhere. Are they still viable collectables that I could sell? None are in the original packaging and most have the kind of scars that kids playing with action figures will give them.

The only Star Wars memorabilia that I'm collecting right now is of course the soundtracks, and Legos, if you want to call Star Wars Legos memorabilia.

I have all of the original figures from 1977 to 1983, including the trash monster from the Death Star. Of course they bare the scars of a child playing with them as well.

I do have a bunch of the newer figures that were first issued in the 90's but I never completed them.

I have all of the original figures from 1977 to 1983, including the trash monster from the Death Star. Of course they bare the scars of a child playing with them as well.

A bit old to be playing with action figures by then weren't you? ;)