My Complete Return of the Jedi Edit/rebirth

GoodMusician

Hey all,

I've been working on this set for a few days now and I truly believe this to be The Definative Return of the Jedi set.

I've tracked down great LP rips, I also have a new editing program that I've been working with..

I've taken tracks from the LP, Anthology, and the SE. The tracks on the SE, I've used my new program to clean them and make them sooo much better sounding. I am really happy with this set and I think you all will be too.

You can read more here:

http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/messagevi...amp;STARTPAGE=2

The track listing is below (just scroll down).

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent work GM. Your generosity hasn't gone unnoticed ;)

Out of interest, which orchestra is performing Duel Of The Fates(non-choir version) on D4 of TPM? Its an interesting listen, but the percussion is bloody awful!

in all honesty, I don't know. That was part of the live performance if memory serves conducted by JW... I'm not entirely sure who it is or where it came from past that Lord Skylark sent it to me. I tried to clean them up as much as possible but there is only so much one can do.

Again... not sure if what I was told was an april fools joke or not, but I'm about to update the track list so check out the last page in the link.

in all honesty, I don't know. That was part of the live performance if memory serves conducted by JW... I'm not entirely sure who it is or where it came from past that Lord Skylark sent it to me. I tried to clean them up as much as possible but there is only so much one can do.

Again... not sure if what I was told was an april fools joke or not, but I'm about to update the track list so check out the last page in the link.

I'm pretty sure that it is performed by the Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra, and was recorded for radio broadcast o the summer of 1999.

Good News everyone! (No this isn't futurama) lol

I can talk about this again! lol ::grumble grumble::

Well, as I think I mentioned, I got a new program to edit video and audio and make dvd's and such. We'll, I was playing with it and found out I could use it to clean audio... and being far more up to date--let alone 5 times the price--I was able to use it with amazing results.

Return of the Jedi: Complete and Rebirthed and nearly finished. I'm finishing a few more extras and such... putting the tracks in order.

So far,this is what we're looking at:

Return of the Jedi: The Definative Release (Revised)

Disc 1 [1:07:53]

01) 20th Century Fox Fanfare - [0:22]

02) Main Title - [1:34]

03) Approaching the Deathstar - [3:51]

04) Tatooine Rondevous - [1:03]

05) The Droids Travel to Jabba's Palace - [1:51]

06) Jabba's Palace Gate - [0:38]

07) The Gatekeeper - [0:32]

08) Jabba's Baroque Recital - [3:03]

09) A Gift - [1:17]

10) Lapti Nek (Film Version) - [1:56]

11) Bounty for a Wookie - [2:50]

12) Han Solo Returns - [4:00]

13) Luke Confronts Jabba - [3:14]

14) Fight in the Dungeon - [3:41]

15) Jabba's Sentencing - [2:06]

16) Pit of Carkoon - [0:56]

17) Sail Barge Assault (Film) - [5:01]

18) The Emperor Arrives - [2:06]

19) The Death of Yoda - [6:04]

20) Obi-Wan's Revealations - [2:53]

21) Alliance Assembly - [2:10]

22) Faking the Code - [4:10]

23) Speeder Bike Chase - [1:21]

24) Leia Meets Wicket - [1:12]

25) Land of the Ewoks - [1:22]

26) Leia and Wicket/ Emperor and Vader - [5:45]

27) Levitation - [1:27]

28) 3PO's Bedtime Story - [1:12]

Disc 2 [1:04:43]

01) Brother and Sister - [3:10]

02) Father and Son - [4:21]

03) Fleet Goes to Hyperspace - [1:08]

04) Heroic Ewok - [2:09]

05) Emperor's Throne Room - [3:25]

06) Into the Trap - [2:40]

07) Forest Ambush - [2:03]

08) Battle for Endor I - [7:24]

09) The Lightsabers - [1:43]

10) The Ewok Battle - [2:50]

11) Leia is Wounded/ The Duel Begins - [2:57]

12) Overtaking the Bunker - [0:58]

13) Final Duel/ Into the Death Star - [3:38]

14) Palpatines Death - [2:45]

15) Superstructure Chase - [1:59]

16) Vader's Death - [2:33]

17) Through the Flames - [1:39]

18) Leia's News (Film) - [1:19]

19) Funeral Pyre for a Jedi (Film) - [1:10]

20) Ewok Celebration (Film) - [1:33]

21) Victory Celebration (Film) - [2:09]

22) End Credits - [6:09]

23) Luke and Leia - [4:45]

Disc 3 [1:19:29] (prelim)

01) Jabba the Hutt Concert Suite (Boston Pops) - [3:33]

02) Lapti Nek (Part I) - [5:26]

03) Lapti Nek (Part II) - [6:51]

04) Jedi Rocks (Album) - [2:49]

05) At the Court of Jabba (Partial Original Concert Suite Recording) - [1:22]

06) Lapti Nek (Album) - [2:50]

07) Max Rebo Band I - [0:27]

08) Max Rebo Band II - [1:24]

09) Sail Barge Assault (Alternate) - [5:06]

10) Parade of the Ewoks - [3:26]

11) Part of the Tribe (Source) - [4:00]

12) Parade of the Ewoks Concert Suite (Boston Pops)- [3:32]

13) Ewok Battle Concert Suite - [4:06]

14) Ewok Battle Insert - [0:27]

15) Leia's News (Alternate) - [1:19]

16) Funeral Prye for a Jedi (Alternate) - [1:07]

17) Yub Nub (Ewok) - [1:58]

18) Ewok Celebration (National Philharmonic Orchestra) - [1:44]

19) Victory Celebration (Album) - [2:24]

20) Return of the Jedi (As told by C3PO) - [10:00]

21) Yub Nub (Choir) - [1:55]

22) The Star Wars Original Trilogy End Credits Suite - [13:33]

this is what I have so far... I'm still trying to work out the most listenable way to order this... let me know if you ahve suggestions.... or if I missed anything lol... I don't think iI have but it's possible.

Just wanted to say the set is finished. You should be able to access it on the index. I would like to hear what some people's thoughts are on the set. The track list is about what's above. The only difference being "Luke and Leia" is moved to the end of disc 2 for length reasons.

well for one, unless you want me to get in trouble, when you have questions, PM me.

For two, try refreshing. I had that problem too the first time I visited the index. It's there...

if you still have problems, PM me... You know the drill people.

This is really great, GM. This score has been begging to get a remastered edition, and you are just the man for the job.

Now, how about that complete Home Alone?

• 3 months later...

Hey all, just wanted to put this out there... I've been listening to my edit for a while now, and there are a few cues I've never really fully been satisfied with... one of them Being Superstructure Chase...

I was playing around with it and I've fixed it. I'm going to be uploading that cue.

If there are any others you think I should try my hand at again, let me know... I'll fix them too.

• 5 weeks later...

hey all... with the extensive work I put into Empire, I learned a lot of new things... both technically speaking and also about the sets themselves... their limits, their uses... and also what exactly IS in them... and what isn't...what's with what is, etc.

Anyways... a lot of people commented on my Jedi edit as being sometimes worse than the SE in that in exchange for flat sound, we got hiss... and I completely understand that point of view.

I decided that I might redo this score and have been toying with some things

Like with Empire, when I made Jedi, I had no intention on completely rebirthing everything. I only meant to bring the SE material up to the quality or balance of the Anthology.

Since my work on Empire and through my work on empire, I've learned a bit about what can be done... and looking back on Jedi, I can see how it is a poor representation of what I can do. As such, I've decided to go back and redo Jedi.

this time, rather than simply replacing tracks as I did last time, I'm actually going to try to bring the whole set up to a new level.

I've been toying with what I can do, and I've found some new ways to bring up the sound and not sound "as if it were in a steam room" as one person put it.

I was also wondering if anyone had any cue breakdowns as some had for the Empire set... it did help greatly in examining what was in the score and whats missing. I'm pretty sure I got everything last time... but to be sure...

• 7 months later...

I found a version of 'Luke and Leia' in the 'No1 Sci-Fi Hits' 2-disc set that's done by Boston Pops Orchestra. There's also a slightly different version in JW Greatest Hits 1969-1999.