Donny Deutsch doesn't diss daMaestro

JoeinAR

But Danny Elfman would have no part of it and defended John Williams by saying he basically singlehandedly saved the orchestral movie score.

Donny is a d*** and showed his ass the other night, but Danny Elfman was total class.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a link, though there may be one out there, he runs a show on CNBC and he had Elfman on Monday night and the was singing Elfman and Bernard Herrman's praises, but was critical of JW. I just happened to be switching channels when I saw Elfman on the tube, and he was just being introduced. I didn't realize Elfman was so old, and unpleasant to look at, sort of like Elton John after being dead for 2 days. Yikes.

Link to Donnie

Never heard of DD.

I've always liked Elfman and found his interviews and opinions to be a positive, plus he has respect for his peers. Based on his appearance Elfman always struck me as someone who would be perfect playing a psycho killer in films but he married Bridget Fonda so he can't be too bad.

I believe he's in his early 50's as far as age goes.

I walways liked him... what exactly did he say? Can you maybe like... write what you remember of the conversation...

i think the already did that.

What can i say, well done Mr Elfman :banghead:

I mean like... what he remembered of the conversation... not like a breif overview as he's said...

if that's all you can remember than that's fine... I just thought maybe you might remember something...I dunno... with a bit more detail than "He said bad stuff" lol

I'm sure a video will surface eventually. There are a bunch of Elfman fans out there clamoring for every ounce of footage of the man.

I'm glad to hear another composer setting the record straight.

Tim

I didn't realize Elfman was so old, and unpleasant to look at, sort of like Elton John after being dead for 2 days. Yikes.

I know this man doesn't like me but I have love his lunacy...

why would I not like you, (I figured you're talking about me since you quoted me), just because I argue doesn't mean I don't like you.

JWFANs should collectively march on DD show and then drag him out into the streets have him drawn and quartered.

Good form, Danny. Bad form, Deustch.

I really want to see that video. No one *beep* wit de Williams.

JWFANs should collectively march on DD show and then drag him out into the streets have him drawn and quartered.

Yes, oh yes! All we need are marching boots, a uniform, and an arm-based salute.

Either that or cones for caps.

Yes, oh yes! All we need are marching boots, a uniform, and an arm-based salute.

Mmmm just get dressed as stormtroopers and disimulate saying we are going to celebration IV.

but i dont know if that is even worse... :blink:

Please Mark, spare me your human sentiments. I will lead because I am the most experienced and most qualified for the job.

I do not seek, nor crave power, but I shall not run away from my duties and responsibilities.

Good day Sir!

Please Mark, spare me your human sentiments. I will lead because I am the most experienced and most qualified for the job.

I do not seek, nor crave power, but I shall not run away from my duties and responsibilities.

Good day Sir!

To quote Captain Kirk from Star Trek VI.....

"Right..."

Joe, I think you were watching Glenn Beck, not Donny Deutsch.

I saw the same interview. It was just as you said, except that it was Glenn Beck on CNN Headline News, not Deutsch on CNBC. He praised Elfman and Herrmann, but treated Williams like crap, even thought Elfman was all class about it.

Joe, I think you were watching Glenn Beck, not Donny Deutsch.

I saw the same interview. It was just as you said, except that it was Glenn Beck on CNN Headline News, not Deutsch on CNBC. He praised Elfman and Herrmann, but treated Williams like crap, even thought Elfman was all class about it.

AHA! That clears it up. Here's the part of the transcript that pertains to Williams: (from http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0704/02/gb.01.html)

-----

BECK: I am -- I am such a huge fan, and I found out today, I have -- my wife and I have -- we try to play a game. If we watch a movie, we hear the first few notes, is it Elfman or not? And you can tell your music immediately.

I believe there are only two really great music composers, you and Bernard Hermann, who wrote all of the scores for Hitchcock.

ELFMAN: Really?

BECK: I found out today you`re a fan of his, as well.

ELFMAN: Bernard Hermann was my inspiration. He`s the reason I became a film composer.

BECK: I said -- you know, I said that yesterday when I found out you were going to be on the show. And everybody looked at me and said, "What about John Williams?"

I said, "John Williams? It`s these two." Movies...

ELFMAN: No, no, no. John Williams is a legend. He`s -- you know, he almost single-handedly is responsible for bringing back orchestral film music, really, to be what it is.

BECK: Come on.

------

F*** Glenn Beck! Good for Elfman!

ELFMAN: No but sometimes the sound of the newsroom, things that -- the copy machine, the different sounds, other machines influence me and kind of works its way later into the rhythm of a piece.

You know, I didn`t realize until later that a rhythm that kind of got in my head when I was working the "Spider-Man" theme actually came from my co-worker`s word processor. They were working on a story, and that was just the sound of them typing.

----

Haha, that's awesome!

BECK: It would sound a little like...

(hums Darth Vader theme).

BECK: That`s what the newsroom sounds like.

I'm a bit miffed at this statement. He shrugs Williams off, then quotes his music! That shows a bit of musical misguidedness.

~Conor

BECK: It would sound a little like...

(hums Darth Vader theme).

BECK: That`s what the newsroom sounds like.

I'm a bit miffed at this statement. He shrugs Williams off, then quotes his music! That shows a bit of musical misguidedness.

~Conor

Yes but Beck is kind of an idiot. A lot of the things that come out of his mouth are not well-thought-through and end up being just plain stupid.

Also, the part were Elfman was trying to straighten him out about Williams, Beck started puppet-talking with his hand and just ignored what Elfman was saying. :blink:

Also, the part were Elfman was trying to straighten him out about Williams, Beck started puppet-talking with his hand and just ignored what Elfman was saying. :blink:

Glenn Beck... must die!

stewiegriffin.gif