Episode lll actors

ocelot

Yes, they are taking over Hollywood, I think we need to send them back to you Morn :(

ALthough I think they are 10 times better than the actors here.

Cate Blanchet should play a young Mon Mothma (unless of course Mon Mothma is Amidala in disguise)

I wonder if Jackman is a young Tarkin???????????

Perhaps. Afterall, we were treated to his voice in AOTC.

That would be cool -- have Padme be Mon Mothma, but I think she would have to be refilmed for ROTJ to make it really look like her.

~Harry

I think he should be in both!!

And I'm not intent on beating you, I'm just posting cause I have to leave soon.

Dan - ashamed at Harry for still thinking Dan wants to beat him.

DID YOU NOT READ MY LAST POST FROM LAST NIGHT!!?!?!

Dan2 - thinking that should be more than enough evidence to prove Harry wrong

Hugh Jackman really did sign on??  Are you serious?

How cool!

Dan - who thinks Hugh has great potential

Rick McCallum stated this at the Starwars celebration, then denied it a week later.

I always liked the old rumor that Gabriel Byrne was going to play a young Tarkin. I think he bears a good enough resemblance to Peter Cushing and he's a good actor. Just like a Spielberg starwars movie, this will never happen though.

I didn't hear it from Rick McAllum. I heard it through some casting people I know in LA. I'll try and find out the scoop.

This is about casting, but not in Episode III: The actor who played Colonel Tavington in The Patriot is supposedly playing Lucius Malfoy in Chamber of Secrets. I think this is a great choice!

Ray Barnsbury

Well,Dooku will be back it seems.I hadn't read the whole script andthought Yod wouldhave finished him off in EP2.

K.M.

Hugh Jackman to play in either Episode III or HP 2?

Wow, i can't imagine who he would play. I don't think he's in HP 2. Probably HP3...he could be cast as Sirius Black....uhmm. but that's pretty much of a typecast, isnt' it? (aka Wolverine...half animalx-men)

Well, it's almost june. Someone said that JW is scoring HP 2 in July;

If they're going to make the November deadline, they better hurry up with all the SFX.

I'm anxious to see who they pick to play 'Tom Riddle", is he going to be computer-generated or a real actor.....

Yes, Ray. Jason Isaacs will play Lucius Malfoy ---- excellent casting, if you ask me. The first film -- and now, the second -- is expertly cast in my opinion. From what I hear, Ken Brannaugh is "ridiculously delightful in the film". I'm not a huge fan of his, but I'm sure he'll do a great job. As for Isaacs ----- he's a fantastic actor and I'm sure he'll do a fabulous job as well.

As for Tom Riddle.....I don't think it will be a CG character, but a live action character.

Director - getting tired

Hugh Jackman as a young Tarkin???

HELL NO! He doesn't even look anything like him! Plus he doesn't even have blue eyes like Tarkin did.

-Rogue Leader who thinks the greatest Australian actor Russel Crowe would be a FAR better choice for Tarkin but he would prolly die laughin just reading the script.

Yes he does. And he could use contacts. The biggest problem is the voice though, he might have to be dubbed.

Yes, Ray.  Jason Isaacs will play Lucius Malfoy ---- excellent casting, if you ask me.  The first film -- and now, the second -- is expertly cast in my opinion.  From what I hear, Ken Brannaugh is "ridiculously delightful in the film".  I'm not a huge fan of his, but I'm sure he'll do a great job.  As for Isaacs ----- he's a fantastic actor and I'm sure he'll do a fabulous job as well.

As for Tom Riddle.....I don't think it will be a CG character, but a live action character.

Director - getting tired

Yes, Mr. Isaacs is very capable of playing someone evil. Who is Brannaugh playing? Yeah, yeah, you think I should know, but I don't.

~Harry

Yes, Mr. Isaacs is very capable of playing someone evil.  Who is Brannaugh playing?  Yeah, yeah, you think I should know, but I don't.

~Harry

Gilderoy Lockhart, of course.

-Chris, who would also have liked High Grant to play Lockhart.

Hugh Grant?? Nah...I don't think so. He's not as cocky as Brannaugh. After thinking about it for a while, I realized that Brannaugh was a great choice. He's capable of playing a self-centered, egotistical pansy quite well, I think.

Director - leaving it at that.

That would be cool -- have Padme be Mon Mothma, but I think she would have to be refilmed for ROTJ to make it really look like her.

That's one of the silliest things I've ever read posted here in the month that I've been visiting here. No offense, dude.

If Mon Mothma were really the mother of Luke and Leia, don't you think she'd at least say hi from time to time?

At least Anakin/Vader had the honesty and decency to reveal himself to his long-estranged son, and then tell him to pass it on to his sister (yea, he appeared in a dream to Leia, but we know how we feel about the books).

Besides, if they redo Mon Mothma to be Padme-ish, they'd have to change all the Dark Forces and other games to make their Mon Mothmas look and talk like Padme instead of the real mccoy, Mon Mothma.

Additionally, isn't Mon Mothma from Chandrilla? You're expecting Goerge Lucas to write Padme as a pathetic Hilary Rodham Clinton-esque Senator and move to another planet, and then lead the Rebellion? I don't think so! I'd wager that Mon Mothma was in the Senate even as Padme was married.

The more incestuous these people try to make Star Wars, the less I like it.

Darth Wojo - Who wants a time machine to jump ahead three years so all these "what if" posts can stop.

First, don't call me dude. That's a horribly demeaning term to me.

Second, I was only throwing out ideas, so there was no need to make me feel stupid.

~Harry

As I suspected the whole Portman thing is just a rumor. I read on theforce.net that she denied it. There wasn't any place for her in ROTJ anyway.

I know it's fun to speculate but I wish people would realize the expanded universe books have nothing to do with the 6 movies. Lucas has the basic outlines of all six (nine????) stories written and already knows who, what, where and when most of the stuff will happen.

-Mark, who enjoys reading some of them but knows they don't matter in the overall scene.

• 17 years later...

I wonder what happened to Hugh Jackman being in Harry Potter and Star Wars? JWFan was always on the money with these rumors and casting ideas. Russell Crowe as Grand Moff Tarkin? Brilliant, as our dude Harry Potter would say.

I'll never understand the point in finding and bumping almost 20 year old threads. Things this old should be archived and un-reply-able

On 5/30/2002 at 4:55 AM, woj said:

That's one of the silliest things I've ever read posted here in the month that I've been visiting here. No offense, dude.

If Mon Mothma were really the mother of Luke and Leia, don't you think she'd at least say hi from time to time?

At least Anakin/Vader had the honesty and decency to reveal himself to his long-estranged son, and then tell him to pass it on to his sister (yea, he appeared in a dream to Leia, but we know how we feel about the books).

Besides, if they redo Mon Mothma to be Padme-ish, they'd have to change all the Dark Forces and other games to make their Mon Mothmas look and talk like Padme instead of the real mccoy, Mon Mothma.

Additionally, isn't Mon Mothma from Chandrilla? You're expecting Goerge Lucas to write Padme as a pathetic Hilary Rodham Clinton-esque Senator and move to another planet, and then lead the Rebellion? I don't think so! I'd wager that Mon Mothma was in the Senate even as Padme was married.

The more incestuous these people try to make Star Wars, the less I like it.

Darth Wojo - Who wants a time machine to jump ahead three years so all these "what if" posts can stop.

Jesus H Christ... 

But the bump was most definitely not relevant to the thread title. GSoaB asked a legitimate question only two posts after an idiot posted a dancing lock and another copied him. 

Why Not Mr Big doesn't go through pages and pages of old threads from decades ago and post dancing locks on all of them is beyond me.