1. 1. Which one?

• Indy IV
    • Lincoln

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Indy because it will be the one I actually go see in the theatre. I'm looking forward to the music for both more than anything.

Film: Indy

Score: Indy

I need a new Williams action suite and I need it now!

Here's hoping they employ the LSO. I don't think its too optimistic to guess they will.

Which in turn changes the context of the thread's question.

Lincoln. Though I'm exceedingly excited for both! He hasn't gotten to write in his "patriotic" genre for a while, and I'm excited to hear him do so.

Lincoln. Though I'm exceedingly excited for both! He hasn't gotten to write in his "patriotic" genre for a while, and I'm excited to hear him do so.

You didn't think the Star Wars prequels had anything 'patriotic' in them?

Indy.  At least his generic late-aged "The Last Crusade" action cues would be in appropriate context again.  

Lincoln only if he doesn't just drone. JFKish but even better would be fantastic.

You didn't think the Star Wars prequels had anything 'patriotic' in them?

I should have been more clear. I mean "Patriotic Americana" - of course the prequels are "patriotic," especially if you're the Emperor or Yoda. :(

Plus I've been looking forward to Indy IV for years and years and years and years.... Lincoln is still new and fresh to be excited about, especially since I've hardly read anything about the film

As expected, the average JW fan wants bombastic fanfares and loads of Mickey Mousing.

No, I don't want Lincoln either (even though I voted for it). For once I wish Williams would forget about the money and that he does a small but interesting indie film.

Alex

Lincoln will be as boring and uninteresting as you can get. bet he dies in the end.

As expected, the average JW fan wants bombastic fanfares and loads of Mickey Mousing.

Alex

You were expecting a different answer? :dance: Your time spent here should have tipped you off. ;)

If it ain't got boommtzzzzzz then forget it.

Lincoln will be as boring and uninteresting as you can get. bet he dies in the end.

I bet a character namded John Wilkes Booth shoots him. It will happen at a theatre.

John Goldfarb is something you have to hear first.

You're either going to find it unique or you're going to find it a complete waste of time. Personally, it's so silly I like it.

I'm looking forward to both, and they're sure to be vastly different scores so I don't have a clear 'favorite' yet. Indy should be a return to that classic Williams style he hasn't visited for some time. And I'm hoping Lincoln is a fresh take on the matter, rather than a retread of the same Americana music Williams has written in the past. I have high expectations for both, so hopefully the time off is doing Williams some good!

Ray Barnsbury

I look forward to both, but Indy comes in the first place for me. I also expect Lincoln to sound mostly like JW's other americana scores (which is not my favourite), though I am sure he will come up with some interesting theme or two.

I bet a character namded John Wilkes Booth shoots him. It will happen at a theatre.

Hey, hey, spoiler font please! Sheesh, next thing you'll be telling us who wins the Civil War.

We all know how both will sound like,kinda.

Indy 4 will be bold and heroic but the action cues will be less melodic like the prequels.

Lincoln will sound like a mix of Amistad,,The Patriot and JFK...and maybe Rosewood

I don't want to hear about people picking Lincoln because Williams will be more "creative" and "expand his horizons"...because he won't,It all depends on which subtype of Williams score you like best.

K.M.

Hey, hey, spoiler font please! Sheesh, next thing you'll be telling us who wins the Civil War.

It was the Japanese that bombed Pearl Harbor.

I don't know, I find the terms 'Winning' and 'Civil War' rarely go together.

That is true, but the book thickens the very well-known plot.

Morlock- who didn't know before reading the book that Lincoln was one of three intended assassination victims

Yes I believe Booth originally intended to kidnap Lincoln but then decided to kill him. Two other conspirators were to assassinate Vice President Andrew Jackson and the Secretary of State.

Indy IV although Lincoln is not far behind. Needless to say I am waiting both scores with great anticipation. It will be interesting to see Williams returning to the action adventure genre with Indy and hear how has his sound matured since TLC. Lincoln will with all probability receive an Americana score. And as I love Williams' Americana writing that is not a bad prospect. :lol: Or perhaps Williams surprises us all and writes something weirdly different agaist all our expectations.

I don't want to hear about people picking Lincoln because Williams will be more "creative" and "expand his horizons"...because he won't,It all depends on which subtype of Williams score you like best.

QTF