Probably a crazy observation ....

Trumpeteer

In all this nitpicking over things in the score of "Attack of the Clones," I may have found something else a little peculiar.

During the finale, when ****SPOILER**** Anakin and Padme get married, there's the big rendition of their love theme (followed by a cymbal crash). Then it goes into that part where it sounds like Luke's theme, then another measure that seems to have some kind of meaning. I thought it was part of Leia's Theme, as it would sugest what the future of this marriage will hold. But don't think those six notes belong to any part of her theme. By the way, this takes place at 4:36-4:43 on track 14 of the CD. In the film, it takes place just as Anakin and Padme turn to look at the sunset.

That got me thinking, especially since it has become one of my favorite musical moments of the average score. I can tell that the first part mirrors Luke's theme, so the second part has to have some meaning.

Hmm, six notes. The first three sound like the same note, with an ascent and descent in the last three. Hmm....

Vader's theme/Anakin's theme perhaps?

OK. Now it's time for you to say "Jeff, that's absolutely silly. Stop analyzing this score and listen to something worthwhile like 'Hook.'" :joke:

Unless someone finds some truth in my analysis.

Jeff -- who actually enjoys finding hidden meaning in music

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you meant track 13, right? confrontation with count dooku and finale?

this segment always stood out in my mind when i listened to this track because it stands out. it sounds familiar to the opening titles music, but i haven't actually analyzed it. it's definitely not a direct emulation of leia's theme, though.

well i hear, part of lukes theme in it. but since Across the Stars is based in the SW theme, it could not have any meaning. The second part eludes me, yeah it can resemble Vaders theme...

Yhe felling when i hear thise last notes is the same when hearing the last one from Throne Room (ANH), maybe its the force theme??

OK. Now it's time for you to say "Jeff, that's absolutely silly. Stop analyzing this score and listen to something worthwhile like 'Hook.'"  :thumbup:  

I want to borrow this statement and put it in the off topics. :wow:

I think the second part of the love theme, which I call the secondary love theme is based on Anakins theme and Williams is morphing it into the imperial march.

I still think that one of the infamous electric guitar solos is playing the first three or four notes of Vader's Theme. I believe it's during the instrument's second appearance. Go back and listen for yourself!

Who's right Morn? Me or Wickenstein?

And Wickenstein, I belive it was your topic about Vader's theme in the Imperial March that got me started with this. I feel that it's there, but it's not the same rhythm that I have to train my ears to hear it differently.