Who want another Scherzo by John Williams for Indy IV?

Damo

I really like the Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra in the last crusade...One of my favourites. But I would like another scherzo for the next Indy film. Lucas said Indiana Jones won't be running or won't be running that fast. He said he be on either on a horse, a car or a motorcycle...or something like that. What do you think?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind if JW decided to compose another Scherzo, but I don't exactly crave one, either. I think this next score (and film) won't be as action-oriented as the first three, anyway.

Yeah true. Depends if the Indy IV film needs one like the one in the last crusade...But since Dr. Henry Jones (Sean Connery) is indeed written into the script for Indy IV even though they still waiting for confirmation from Sean Connery himself that he will come back from his retirement. I do suspected that the score probably will sound something similar to the Last crusade score but I do expect new themes for anything new in Indy IV as obviously. But I say that it can also depends on the story for Indy IV. Could be a completely new fresh score as I said in the offical Indy thread.

Marc, if you feel that this thread need to be merged into your OFFICAL Indy IV thread, then you may so. But if you do....You may want to add my question on this title thread into my post to make things more sense to a point on what we talking about when you read it.

You're right. A film doesn't require any particular musical style for a scene.

I just didn't want to reply the title question with "what the hell--?"

There will be a chase. There will be chase music. What tone? Who knows? It would be cool if he did a "Desert Chase" and a "Scherzo" because there are usually 2 chases. Lucas says he'll get beat up, as its a tradition in Indy films. So that will hopefully be treated lightly.

There are always chases in the Indy films. This one should be no different, but does it require a Scherzo? If Williams wants to write one then its fine by me.