Sony Classical Star Wars Prequel 2-CD Sets?

Mantigroo

Does anybody know when will SONY CLASSICAL release complete recordings of Episode I: The Phantom Menace, Episode II: Attack of the Clones and Episode III: Revenge of the Sith?

Also, does anybody know where can I find the music from Star Wars: Clone Wars animated series and does such CD exist at all?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know when will SONY CLASSICAL release complete recordings of Episode I: The Phantom Menace, Episode II: Attack of the Clones and Episode III: Revenge of the Sith?

A expanded version of TPM was released some years ago. Nothing solid on the other 2 films

Only a Sith Lord deals in absolutes.

Neil - Yee guds, whata mesa sayin?!

Wow...... :)

I'm stunned Neil.

There's one. Set for stun.

Is that better?

Neil

Josh, who thinks the 2-disc TPM is underrated by many here.

Underrated how? I'm under the impression that most of us agree it contains a lot of great material that was absent from the 1CD release. Most of us also agree that the editing and overall presentation are crap.

Underrated how? I'm under the impression that most of us agree it contains a lot of great material that was absent from the 1CD release. Most of us also agree that the editing and overall presentation are crap.

You must be one of the few exceptions then. I just meant that whenever the TPM SE is mentioned, somebody always seems to be bitching about how it was being edited.

You must be one of the few exceptions then. I just meant that whenever the TPM SE is mentioned, somebody always seems to be bitching about how it was being edited.

You mean Ultimate Edition right? "Special Edition" is a term that we use for our edits I guess. However we do bitch about the way how the Sony Ultimate Edition is edited, even I do.

Yes Marian is right that the unreleased material on the Ultimate Edition is awesome and the sound quality superb..but most of us would have perferred it if Sony had released the real complete intended score in the first place instead of a hacked up isolated score...

You mean Ultimate Edition right? "Special Edition" is a term that we use for our edits I guess. However we do bitch about the way how the Sony Ultimate Edition is edited, even I do.

Yes Marian is right that the unreleased material on the Ultimate Edition is awesome and the sound quality superb..but most of us would have perferred it if Sony had released the real complete intended score in the first place instead of a hacked up isolated score...

Yeah, sorry, I meant UE. And I agree with Marian 100%. And I would have preferred a real complete, too. I just don't like to hear people bitching about it. :)

The Ultimate Edition has been bitched about since it came out, and the bitching will probably never stop until Sony releases the real complete score for The Phantom Menace. So might as well get used to it. :)

Edit: Yes red to Steef you should listen to regarding the sound quality of the U.E.

The sound quality of the UE is better, but there are too many inconsistencies in volume; lopped off peaks (you'll notice during action cues that the waveform runs right into the 1 dB limits in your wave editor all the time) and imbalances (action cues are too loud compared to "underscore," some pieces tracked into other parts of the score are at totally different volumes, etc.).

The most obvious example I can think of is the snare drum sound in "Droid Invasion." Compare OST t14 with UE d1 t7. Notice that the UE snares have a cleaner, sharper sound to them.

The UE sounds quite good. From what I remember, the OST release didn't.

I just meant that whenever the TPM SE is mentioned, somebody always seems to be bitching about how it was being edited.

That's what I said. You can include me there. The previously unreleased music is great, the presentation is not.

Things are a lot louder and mixed better in that if you listen in a surround sound set up, it almost sounds like you're listening to a 5.1 cd,... like the LOTR sets...

But the album is quieter and things arn't quite mixed like that.

I personally hold out hope that eventually they will. I don't know how much material there is for Episode II but I knwo that a complete Episode I and III would be two disc sets.

It would be cool if they did something similar to the OT Anthology. They could do THAT. Except it would be more like... (in the least) a 6 CD set... which is possible.

Listen, I'm deaf, yet I can hear a difference. It sounds like they added some reverb or something to the OST CD.

That's exactly how it sounds to me too. The sound of the UE is less washy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I am still waiting for the complete 2cd boxes of STAR WARS EII and EIII. Does anyone know something special?

I am also looking for the complete soundtrack of Cliff Eidelmans "STAR TREK VI". I have read somewhere this exists. Is it true? Where can I buy that?

Live long and prosper!

Matthias

--

german writing and reading people are heartly invited to join here: www.trekpower.org

Nothing is known on the prequel scores (there currently is no complete set for Ep. I either, btw).

There is a 2-disc version of Star Trek VI floating around. It's not entirely complete I believe, and it is also not commercially available. Try the Trading Board.

Thank you for your quick answer. To say the truth: I THINK someone has published a list if contens from the ST vi. But I wasn´t able to find it!

Matthias

Interesting note, I know there were rumors about a Star Wars TV series, but Lucas just announced a Clone Wars cartoon (full length) series and two more Star Wars movies (though the article made it sound as if they were two, one hour made-for-TV movies, which means they won't be very good).