A Bio-Pic about John Williams?

nicholas

5 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

What we need is a totally boring biopic!

If Thor writes it, that's what we'll get.

😆

What we need FIRST, is a best selling biography.

That would tempt Hollywood to buy the rights, and make the film.

Get cracking, Thor!😊

I just don't find scandalous interesting--at this point, they are the norm, and we are not supposed to even find them scandalous anyway("who are we to judge" nonsense).  More importantly, a fact like Williams courting a married woman (though I do not know the details) probably did not affect his composing, but that same woman dying did have a huge impact (according to Williams).  I find that sort of stuff interesting.  We like Williams for his music, so any details that directly pertain to insights into that dimension are eminently more intriguing to me than affairs, etc.  

The film ends on a shot of his wife, imprisoned in an asylum, reaching thru prison bars.....

Oh, sorry. Wrong composer. 😉

21 minutes ago, Bespin said:

I think John Williams was on coke in the 80s (like everyone).

Nah.

He was a jazzman.

Marihuana.

11 hours ago, Tom said:

More importantly, a fact like Williams courting a married woman (though I do not know the details) probably did not affect his composing, but that same woman dying did have a huge impact (according to Williams).  I find that sort of stuff interesting. 

But it's not an isolated incident, it's part of a longer storyline - from the romance in high school, separation after, then re-uniting during Williams' last stint in the air force, throughout 1955 in New York (even if she was married at the time), and then up to the eloping and marriage in 56. And then, three kids and several years later, her tragic death. It's not ROMEO & JULIET, perhaps, but it's certainly among the most dramatic storylines in his life. You can't just dramatize the immense impact of her death without a set-up that establishes their on-and-off relationship; a love that just won't die despite various hindrances along the way.

I think what you really want to see is a documentary, and I would agree with you. I'd prefer that too. But as long as we're talking fictional biopics, it's a different ballgame.