The Adventures of Tintin MOVIE Anticipation thread (News, Interviews, Images, Posters, etc)

TownerFan

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But those legs, Manuel! The unnatural look of the fur.

probably the fur is fine. King Kong had fine fur. (well maybe a little silky, waving with light breeze when it was mud caked gross-thick hairs..., but good enough ;) )

Great concept art images and comparisons. The Tintin ones are a bit shall we say helpless and baby faced looking compared to the final version, which is not exactly the image of maturity itself though. The one in the picture above is just a bit more comedic look.

Funny, in that last picture Haddock seems to have lost an oar. His hand certainly looks like it should be holding something. :)

Great concept art images and comparisons. The Tintin ones are a bit shall we say helpless and baby faced looking compared to the final version, which is not exactly the image of maturity. The one in the picture above is just a bit more comedic look.

Funny, in that last picture Haddock seems to have lost an oar. His hand certainly looks like it should be holding something. :)

He is holding an oar, you just can't see it behind his body

i like the final tintin better... really.

Yeah me too. Much better.

Great concept art images and comparisons. The Tintin ones are a bit shall we say helpless and baby faced looking compared to the final version, which is not exactly the image of maturity. The one in the picture above is just a bit more comedic look.

He is holding an oar, you just can't see it behind his body

:lol: Silly me! It was on the other side quite logically.

Did I hear this right? Spielberg and Jackson are in Belgium to present their film in Brussels? Interview with both directors will be on the news over an hour or so.

The comic-book version has been washed with Dash!

Wah Gertje dat hondje heeft in de plasmachine gezeten!

-De wasmachine, Samson.

English (joke becomes more stupid than the original stupid joke):

Wah Gert, that dog has been in the pissmachine!

-The laundry machine, Samson.

Paramount Pictures and Columbia Pictures Present “The Adventures of Tintin” directed by Steven Spielberg from a screenplay by Steven Moffat and Edgar Wright & Joe Cornish. Starring Jamie Bell (“Billy Elliot,” “Defiance”) as Tintin, the young reporter whose relentless pursuit of a good story thrusts him into a world of high adventure, and Daniel Craig (“Quantum of Solace,” “Defiance”) as the nefarious Red Rackham. Based on the series of books The Adventures of Tintin by Hergé, the film is produced by Steven Spielberg, Peter Jackson and Kathleen Kennedy and at cinemas in the UK from October 26. You can watch all the stars on the UK premiere here on Sunday 23 at 5.30 UK GMT.

http://www.livestream.com/tintinpremierelive

Who is Lucky?

Luke.

That dog is proportionately correct, but is a digital drawing-concept art. The final CG product is different , from what is seen in the trailers :)

I think i like this concept more than the final one.

Aren't those the same Making of Videos we had here before, just from a different site?

I've been to the mall today, where there is also my regular cinema. They usually have expositions about randon stuff there. They've installed a lot of Tintin merchandise. And stands with all the Tintin books spread out through the mall, with each book glued to the stand on one side, with the announcement "Read me!". Priceless.

I want to see the film on Friday but I don't know if I will be able to. Next day twice might do.

stands with all the Tintin books spread out through the mall, with each book glued to the stand on one side, with the announcement "Read me!". Priceless.

Ha! Nice

I'm seeing the movie in 2 and a half hours!

Now should i listen to the soundtrack again or not?

Nvm, listening now.

I'm excited to see what happens at 04:12 of track 9.

It opens here on the 4th of November. Classic Finland, always a step behind the rest of Europe.

I plan to see it either on the 4th or the following day.

It opens here on the 4th of November. Classic Finland, always a step behind the rest of Europe.

I plan to see it either on the 4th or the following day.

Why don't you just go to Sweden for the day? In Sweden, it opens on October 28! :P

They've ve playing Tintin trailers all the time on tv over here, and some of them are quite nice, starting with pages from the book, which segue into scenes of the movie. Very nicely done

http://moncinema.cyberpresse.ca/nouvelles-et-critiques/nouvelles/nouvelle-cinema/15920-Tintin-au-Quebec-avant-le-reste-de-lAmerique-Fort-probable.html?utm_categorieinterne=trafficdrivers&utm_contenuinterne=cyberpresse_B2_cinema_261_accueil_POS1

According to this article, there's a strong probability that the french canadians will have the movie 2 weeks earlier than the rest of america.

I live in Montreal so I feel very lucky right now :yes:

New review of the movie:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/archives/2011/10/24/review_steven_spielbergs_the_adventures_of_tintin_is_a_gloriously_enjoyable/

Says this about the score: "while John Williams’ score is solid,it lacks an iconic theme."

Nice to see the film garnering such positive response and reviews. People obviously still yearn for such wide eyed "innocent" adventure yarns with brisk pace and wink in the eye.

The true touchstone will be US of course where Tintin's fame is smaller.

New review of the movie:

http://blogs.indiewi...usly_enjoyable/

Says this about the score: "while John Williams’ score is solid,it lacks an iconic theme."

I didnt knew KM reviewed films....

;)

I think if that had been KM's review it would have said: "While John Williams' score is solid, it lacks an extended concert version of the main theme which would have made it iconic and awesome." ;)

I just noticed that Tintin is already out in my local cinema. I've got a showing in two hours then. Didn't expect that. It's just a matter of 2D vs 3D, but I will probably go with 2D. :)

Karol