John Williams “Star Wars” music is 613% more popular than “Star Wars” creator George Lucas...

Lurker

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's hardly true.

Star Wars, also known to many people as Star Wars: Episode IV- A New Hope, Star Wars: Episode IV- A New Hope 1997 Special Edition or Star Wars: Episode IV- A New Hope 2004 Special Edition has many qualities that make it a great film, the score being only one of them.

That's a nonsensical comment. There is really no way to know this. Star wars could have worked with a different score, it might not have worked as well, or on a different level, but I think it would have worked.

Maestro Goldsmith once said that no score, no matter how good can save a film.

That's a nonsensical comment. There is really no way to know this. Star wars could have worked with a different score, it might not have worked as well, or on a different level, but I think it would have worked.

Maestro Goldsmith once said that no score, no matter how good can save a film.

And indeed he was right.  Otherwise we would not be saying Goldsmith's scores lifted those crappy films.   :)

I think your misinterpreting Goldsmith's comment.SW music became a phenomenon on to it's own.SW was a good film no matter what so it was never the question of the score saving it,but maybe it was the music that was the final special ingredient that made people line up to see it multiple times in theater.I know it was for me,so I can't be alone.Most other space operas have not done so well in cinemas,including Star Trek.I also saw ESB specifically so I could hear the music again and again

I think your misinterpreting Goldsmith's comment.

I don't think I did, actually.

SW music became a phenomenon on to it's own.SW was a good film no matter what so it was never the question of the score saving it,

Goldsmith's comment were never about Star Wars or John Williams music, just a comment he made in geberal.

Of course not, no composer has ever saved a film, not Goldsmith, not Williams, not Herrmann...no one!

I wouldn't say that. There are plenty of films that I would never watch if it were not for the good scores. But I endure the movie for the sake of the music.