The OFFICIAL The Dark Knight thread

Beowulf

Joker revealed

After my own personal disappointment with Spiderman 3 and the other comic book film-adaptations as of late, it seems that the only franchise that I really look forward to anymore is the revamping of the Batman legend.

And now comes this picture of Heath Ledger as the Joker.

I like it...a lot. Gone is the whimsy of Burton and the camp of Schumacher, and that is definitely a good thing (although I still love both Burton films and scores).

I've always thought the world of Gotham City was a dark and disturbed one and that the Joker should look and act as a demented madman - thankfully, it seems as if Nolan thinks so too.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been following this revelation since Saturday, and I must say I am very thrilled with this approach. It's really a risky move by Nolan and a very different approach to the character, but I must say I am very very intrigued to say the least, and this is coming from a huge Batman fan.

bfstock1.jpg

I reckon they should make a movie of Batfink :)

"Your bullets cannot harm me. My wings are like a shield of steel" etc etc :D

As for Batman. Wouldn't John Malkovich be great as The Joker? I can imagine him doing it :)

51202020_10.jpg

Well, if the first Nolan Batman was thrilling then I'd have an opinion. Nothing will make this movie thrilling.

Well, if the first Nolan Batman was thrilling then I'd have an opinion. Nothing will make this movie thrilling.

I really look forward to this movie. It just seems they keep doing everything right.

I like it but I'd like to see another picture at a different angle with different lighting.

I kinda like it. It's certainly in-keeping with Nolan's dark take on BM. But I actually prefer the very well done photoshp mock-up that was doing the rounds a while back.

It will be interesting to follow. This may be the first step, right after he is difigured, and he may apply some make-up later, just like the Scarecrow will probably don a full costume from now on.

The darker "madman" approach is most intriguing-- not so much a clown that kills as a terribly deranged killer in a clown make-up.

obbatsbgns0001.gif

Joker is a psychotic madman who is scared by chemicals to look like a bat. The real world approach is used here, as the Joker still looks like the Joker, but the make-up is more accurate to a "real life" scenario than the perfect scarring that happened in the previous incarnation.

And while the Joker is just that, a jokester, he is still a sadistic madman who kills and mutilates people. A few jokes mixed in with terrible atrocities sounds like the perfect mix.

Wow. That was suprisingly disturbing. I've followed the production of The Dark Knight for some time now, so it really is a joy to finally see a (official?) image of the Joker. It looks like it could work out, but it might become too scary. Although Joker is a sadistic killer, he's also pretty funny.

But he's already wearing make-up?

Anyway, bring back Cesar Romero, that's all I have to say!

"Homer- I am the ghost of Cesar Chavez"

"Than how come you look like Cesar Romero?"

"Because ju don't know what Cesar Chavez looks like!"

Morlock- who felt a pressing need to share that Simpsons jem

I thoroughly enjoyed Batman Begins (apart from the miserable attempt at a score) - but had serious misgivings about the Joker being involved in any sequel - how would they overcome the whole Nicholson thing?

Suffice to say, I am now excited about the sequel after seeing this picture.

Oh - and adecent score wouldn't go amiss this time round!

Greg

"Homer- I am the ghost of Cesar Chavez"

"Than how come you look like Cesar Romero?"

"Because ju don't know what Cesar Chavez looks like!"

Morlock- who felt a pressing need to share that Simpsons jem

Fantastic moment. 8O

/has seen the real Albuquerque Isotopes play

I also agree that Ledger looks perfect for this role. It's definitely in keeping with Nolan's gritty realistic vision of Batman. I re-watched BB the other night and think it ages well (for 2 years) whereas some other comic book franchises suffer from some time apart from their initial release date- a certain webslinger I could mention....but hey, that's just my perspective.

I agree, it was not a special film at all. Bale, was very good as Bruce Wayne, but he fail miserably as Batman, and could the direction of the film be more uninspired, probably in the sequel. yawn, I just saw batman begins and my insomnia was cured.

I was a fan of Begins, but that voice was one of the worst aspects of Bale's performance. Hopefully, he changes it in the sequel.

For a chappy from deepest darkest Walkes I thought he dis a damn good job!! I had no problem with the Batman voice....and "Swear to Me!!" was one of the lines of the year....

I have read that this picture of Ledger has been debunked as fake....? Anyone else read this?

Greg

I have read that this picture of Ledger has been debunked as fake....? Anyone else read this?

The Richard Kraft Agency confirms that this is the real "Dark Knight" Joker:

John_Williams_Begins.jpg

Yeah, I didn't mind the voice. I thought it was a tad reminiscent of Alec Bladwin's SHADOW voice but aside from that, it was effective. I really liked the dialogue and general storyline of Batman Begins. Some tasteful application of sarcastic humour wasn't out of place and I liked the Liam Neeson character quite a bit. Even Zimmer's score was innocuous enough for it not to ruin the movie for me. Except for the noisy chase sequence where I thought the music was horrid.

The Richard Kraft Agency confirms that this is the real "Dark Knight" Joker:

John_Williams_Begins.jpg

That's f*cking scary.

Ray Barnsbury

Considering I wanted the first Nolan Batman to be darker then I would say this is good news.

I kinda like it. It's certainly in-keeping with Nolan's dark take on BM.

BM is also medical shorthand for "bowel movement." Something I am hoping the decision to cast Ledger will not turn out to be.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5752

There's a link to a new article that has another pic of Mr. J, albeit blurry. In it do we not only see Christopher Nolan directing the sequence, but we see that Joker is indeed not only showing green hair, but he is wearing purple as well.

Definatly one of the more anticipated films on my radar (Can't wait for 2008....2007 is showing very little promise).