The OFFICIAL The Dark Knight thread

Beowulf

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its so funny because the music is so bad its not Oscar worthy anyways.

the shame is that if it were nominated, it could have won.

Popularity and all.

I don´t think so. Zimmer has only one oscar and Howard none. And in these days I don´t think that popularity gives you an oscar for best original music...

By the way, I really like this soundtrack. And I don´t believe in oscars no more when talking about music.

It's a bullpoo rule anyway, designed only to keep The Two Towers from getting a nomination in 2003.

Can somebody explain to me why this message board has a filter that turns the F word and S word into other words? We're all adults here... adults swear. Who are we afraid of offending?

It's a bullpoo rule anyway, designed only to keep The Two Towers from getting a nomination in 2003.

Can somebody explain to me why this message board has a filter that turns the F word and S word into other words? We're all adults here... adults swear. Who are we afraid of offending?

To be honest, I do not like profanity at all, and I thusly never use it. Though the filter can be a little silly ("poo"), it is ultimately better than seeing the actual word that it replaced.

What I don't get is that it's censorship. Hell, even the moderators use it when they feel necessary, so why have a filter?! We don't have little 10 year olds posting here. Aren't only like 5 words filtered anyway? Maybe I should start thinking of creative ways to use profanity.

It has never bothered me. I really don't care if swearing if filtered or not on this board.

But I think it will Gullwingdoors who said that his college filtered the websites that he was allowed to go on, and this one would have been eliminated from that list if the swearing continued.

But I think it will Gullwingdoors who said that his college filtered the websites that he was allowed to go on, and this one would have been eliminated from that list if the swearing continued.

Sometimes living in a bubble has its downsides.

Well, I sincerely doubt that was the only reason the filters were instated...if the forum was moderated by the standards of Bob Jones University, we wouldn't really be able to do much at all.

The filter became especially silly a while back when "ass" was briefly replaced by "buns," regardless of the fact that dozens of words in the English language contain the letters a-s-s in succession. ;)

Ray Barnsbury - whose favorite result of that filter was "bunsbunsinate"

Ray Barnsbury - whose favorite result of that filter was "bunsbunsinate"

:|

The ban on $hit has made life harder in the in the Indiana Jones Quote Thread, specifically with Sean Connery quotes.

Our poouation hash not improved.

The Academy's rules are stupid. Zimmer is right in his press release. And stop being a douche, only 2 composers composed music for The Dark Knight.

I don't know if you read the article about the issue, but it said that Zimmer & JNH contributed 60 to 70% of the music, with three other guys making up the remaining music.

They wrote all the music, but Zimmer has a team of people he works with. Ambient designers, programmers, etc. It's not like a situation, for example, where in the CD it says "I'm Not A Hero" written by Mel Wesson. As he stated in the article, Zimmer likes to give credit for his people, and doesn't want them to work in the dark.

They wrote all the music, but Zimmer has a team of people he works with. Ambient designers, programmers, etc. It's not like a situation, for example, where in the CD it says "I'm Not A Hero" written by Mel Wesson. As he stated in the article, Zimmer likes to give credit for his people, and doesn't want them to work in the dark.

Meaning more people than Zimmer & JNH wrote the music.

No, meaning more people than Zimmer & JNH worked on the music.
in the CD it says "I'm Not A Hero" written by Mel Wesson.