Star Wars Music Arrangement

Alawill

What do you think of this arrangement?  

12 members have voted

1. 1.

• What a wonderful piece of music, it should have been added to the AOTC battle scenes instead of copy/paste.
    • Yeah, nice piece, but nothing compared to the original themes by the original composers.
    • Downloaded it, heared it, deleted it.
    • What the hell!?!?!?! For that crap of music I wasted sixty hours of download?

In the meanwhile, while waiting for the AOTC-single, I would like to offer another music file to you: it is an arrangement, which I made for the band I´m playing in.

Don´t expect too much of style, because, hmm... it´s a POLKA. It contains melodies by Jerry Goldsmith (Star Trek), John Williams (Star Wars) and Alexander Courage (Star Trek).

Feel free to download the file from http://www.rainermusikanten.at/mp3/music.html by right-clicking on the text. The title is (in German) "Krieg der Polkasterne" (from the german "Star Wars"-title "Krieg der Sterne"). (Mp3, Size: about 4 MByte)

I would be interessted in any comments on that piece.

Yours,

Alawill

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reation: It was an interesting polka, one of which I've never heard before. I like polkas, so I liked it, although I'm not familiar with the third piece. This is sort of like making disco with the Star Wars theme, except it's a polka instead!

~Harry :)

Am I supposed to know what comes after Star Wars?  I don't know it.  Yes, I know it's Star Trek, but what is it?

~Harry

Can someone answer my question please? Thanks!

~Harry

Outstanding! What a fun listen and seamless integration of all three themes! What do you mean there's no style? IT'S ALL STYLE!

Congratulations and I look forward to other arrangements! :)

Am I supposed to know what comes after Star Wars?  I don't know it.  Yes, I know it's Star Trek, but what is it?

~Harry

Can someone answer my question please? Thanks!

~Harry

Harry, Harry, my very young friend.

That third theme is the main theme from Star Trek, the original series, by Alexander Courage. Long before we had Jerry Goldsmith's excellent Motion Picture theme (and Star Wars, obviously), that was the standard anthem for all of us sci-fi aficionados. Incidentally, the opening fanfare is originally a part of the Alexander Courage theme.

Cheers! :)

What a wonderful piece of music, it should have been added to the AOTC battle scenes instead of copy/paste.

You mean something like this?

OK Neeja, I haven't laughed so hard in quite a while! Superb job!

:mrgreen:

I'm listening to it now, but where's Star Wars?

~Harry, who hears only Star Trek

Nevermind. I hear Star Wars now.  

~Harry

:!: You're posting too quick. cooldevil.gif

OK Neeja, I haven't laughed so hard in quite a while!  Superb job!

:mrgreen:

Thanks! Alawill was so nice to make Across The Stars available to us, I wanted to try and repay him a little.

Hey! I can´t play the polka anymore!!!! What happened to the link?!?   :thumbup:  :cry:  :wow:

The link is unavailable at the moment, but I will upload the file again, if some guys are interessted. But this may take a while, as "Across the Stars"-single needs the space now...

All the best,

Alawill