Happy Birthday, Star Wars

robthehand

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Sigh*

Say what you will, but if you can't enjoy Star Wars in this day and age then there is something seriously wrong.

Even though I am no middle school student I still feel that Star Wars is a tad bit over rated and not my cup of tea. Oh well.

:shakehead:

That's pretty sad really...

*Sigh*

Say what you will, but if you can't enjoy Star Wars in this day and age then there is something seriously wrong.

I agree with red.

I appreciate what Star Wars has done for your generation and it's position pop culture. However there is nothing in the stories that interests me. I love the movies and I think they are great. But that's it. None of the characters have any depth, Darth Vader isn't all that intimidating and when you see Seven Samurai you realize how much Lucas borrowed for that film. And it's not even a generation gap, I don't need realistic effects to enjoy a movie. I enjoy Indiana Jones. Like I said Star Wars is great, but there is no need for all this craze, the stories and characters are dated.

and when you see Seven Samurai you realize how much Lucas borrowed for that film.

He borrowed more from The Hidden Fortress, if I remember correctly.

I appreciate what Star Wars has done for your generation and it's position pop culture. However there is nothing in the stories that interests me. I love the movies and I think they are great. But that's it. None of the characters have any depth, Darth Vader isn't all that intimidating and when you see Seven Samurai you realize how much Lucas borrowed for that film. And it's not even a generation gap, I don't need realistic effects to enjoy a movie. I enjoy Indiana Jones. Like I said Star Wars is great, but there is no need for all this craze, the stories and characters are dated.

No offense, but the fact that you're a Harry Potter fanboy kinda' weakens your arguement. A lot.

No offense, but the fact that you're a Harry Potter fanboy kinda' weakens your arguement. A lot.

Right because Stars Wars is the epitome of good filmmaking and whoever has something short of psychotic ,pubescent, toy collecting love for it must be daft. Alas I see the light.

That's it right there. You make fun of Star Wars fanboys when you yourself are a Harry Potter fanboy.

Come on.

Rabbit--who is not condoning fanboyism (of anything)

That's it right there. You make fun of Star Wars fanboys when you yourself are a Harry Potter fanboy.

Come on.

Rabbit--who is not condoning fanboyism (of anything)

No I'm not trying to do that. I merely said that because you all are attacking me because I'm not a fanboy. I just don't hold the same appreciation for this series as you all do. Have fun, be merry frolic in your galaxies far far away, for I will forever adore Harry Potter and his corniness.

I'm not a fanboy!

If you say so.

I watched Empire today. Despite all the drama, romance, and character development, I felt a slightly campy air pervading it, something the original Star Wars managed to avoid. With Empire, Lucas started to indulge the fans - it's still a great film, thanks to Kirshner, Kurtz, et al, but it does hint at the mediocre, consumer-oriented movie mentality to come.

The music editing is really bad, too.

Guest macrea

Not to mention a few scenes where the acting is cringe-inducing, examples being the hospital scene and Lando's introduction. Movie is generally full of quality but the best performance in it is by a puppet.

I watched Empire today. Despite all the drama, romance, and character development, I felt a slightly campy air pervading it, something the original Star Wars managed to avoid. With Empire, Lucas started to indulge the fans - it's still a great film, thanks to Kirshner, Kurtz, et al, but it does hint at the mediocre, consumer-oriented movie mentality to come.

Actually I disagree 100%. Star Wars has always felt more camp to me then TESB.

Well guys, I just got home L.A. Celebration IV came and went, but no news of any prequel score releases. :( Still, the trip was a blast, and I've got lots of cool stories to share. But I've gotta catch up on my sleep first.