The Big Bad Top Gear Thread

robthehand

Jeremy Clarkson should be the next Doctor!

He could turbocharge the Tardis!

He might not make the grade....but a certain Mr Hammond has been mentioned in connection with the role....

Failing miserably to kick the habit of a lifetime, Clarkson is already in trouble over this series....."This is a hard job and I'm not just saying that to win favour with lorry drivers, it's a hard job. Change gear, change gear, change gear, check mirror, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day.".....200 complaints and counting....mostly from people who perhaps spectacularly missed the point, I feel....but it comes at a really bad time for the BBC and I nfeel future shows may be reigned in a little :)

Failing miserably to kick the habit of a lifetime, Clarkson is already in trouble over this series....."This is a hard job and I'm not just saying that to win favour with lorry drivers, it's a hard job. Change gear, change gear, change gear, check mirror, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day.".....200 complaints and counting....mostly from people who perhaps spectacularly missed the point, I feel....but it comes at a really bad time for the BBC and I nfeel future shows may be reigned in a little :)

Only 200?

• 1 month later...

It's 1 hour 15 mins actually.... although given what I've read, 2 hours would be great!

No car reviews, no stars in cars, nothing but the boys cocking about... I cannot wait :lol:

Update - just finished - that ROCKED! Beautiful country, and I think we saw a side of the trio that you don't get with the usual short challenges. I really think Jeremy was rather pissed off just after they found out the challenge. On a bike.

Outstanding and epic journey.

Clarkson's attempt to ride a scooter were hilarious. And Vietnam did look stunning.

So another year of cocking about ends, and it was a good one.

I hope there will be another special for Red Nose Day.

Yes I thoroughly enjoyed that Vietnam special. And the country looked so spectacular I'm have thinking of going there just for the cheap suits.

• 5 months later...

Peoples - series 13 is finally confirmed to commence on June 21st - Father's Day!! Hell yeah.....

Two confirmed challenges (no spoilers here - they are on various websites and a blog by the show's producer) are a £100,000 Porsche vs. a mailed letter with a 39p stamp on it, and a race involving the chaps on different modes of period transport - Jeremy gets the steam train!

All sounds good so far......

• 2 weeks later...

Also tonight - The Stig is allegedly going to remove his helmet for the first time! Whether or not this is a publicity stunt (and the Stig's identity remains a "secret" even after the unmasking) is unknown......I suspect it is, but still piling up to be a good episode....

His face is going to be thoroughly hidden by either serious make up and fiber optics....or a plane fireproof ski mask...showing only eyes and glowing contact lenses.

If they really reveal him...the show will have nothing to live for! *Waiting for the damn Brits to watch it, record it, and help us yanks out*. :huh:

Yep - fantastic episode....the race was one of the best for 3 or 4 series, Schuey's "unmasking", and I want that Ferrari!!

Schumi is The Stig, it was even in newspapers here!

I found it interesting that Jeremy got the train and May got the car.

A faithfull reproduction of an old steam train would seem to be more a James May-type thing.

Of course Jeremy would have had to drive to Scotland in a car that can't even do 130 mph!.

I found it interesting that Jeremy got the train and May got the car.

A faithfull reproduction of an old steam train would seem to be more a James May-type thing.

That surprised me as well.

I'm seriously annoyed at topgear.com for not letting me watch the bts videos though. What's this "not available in your location" rubbish? :angry:

Excellent episode - a cheap (-ish!!) car challenge, lots of cocking about (the parking-outside-parents-house-at-night scene was absolutely priceless) and some f***-off supercars....what else does anyone want??

Great stuff - shaping up to be the best season yet, maybe?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Expectation builds towards the Christmas special, forget Rambo, it's Top Gear in Burma. A country I can never hear without hearing Graham Chapman's feminine squeal of "Bur-ma!" in a Python sketch. Anyhow, been an alright series this time round. Dwelling on what is scripted is a hiding to nothing but Clarkson's gloating over Piers Morgan's fate was hilarious.

It has been a good series, Hilly ... also muchly enjoyed Clarkson's gloating via the second 'Stig fact' over Morgan's axing. I once changed someone's opinion of Clarkson to 'Hmm, maybe he's not so bad after all' when I told her he'd punched Morgan over something he'd written about him.

Have also enjoyed the sprinkling of Bond references throughout this series. And the 2-part Burma special looks like a fittingly epic finale.

Bit of a riot this Burmese lark. Initially after Clarkson (in the studio) says: "We call it BURMA!" I expected John Barry's Zulu theme to accompany the next portion. Much of the laughter I had towards the end, James May's comment about the fifth leg of a horse helping it to milk, May's tent and all the rest. Pow-ah!