Amazing Stories! Yay!

sulky

Huzzah!

Good thing I just got a new job.

Now I just have to wait until the end of the month to get paid. :P

Oh well.

I'll see if I can pick up all three volumes at once while I'm at it. :(

It's only 80's Williams, I doubt it will sell out fast.

80's Williams that's been rerecorded rather well.

It's only 80's Williams, I doubt it will sell out fast.

80's Williams that's been rerecorded rather well.

There's also some other good music on there by worthy composers.

If they're announcing it on Monday (which I thought they had already announced it or was that just the track listing) I wonder how much longer we'll have to wait until it is actually released?

When Intrada anounces a release that means it's available for pre-ordering. It may be a few days before they are available to actually ship.

When Intrada anounces a release that means it's available for pre-ordering. It may be a few days before they are available to actually ship.

as usual it means they release it the same day or the day after. I think that is the case here. I dont think we'll have to wait much longer.

In less than one hour this should be announced. And screenarchives indicates that they will announce more big releases along with the announcement of amazing stories.

Here is the announcement of the announcements:

June 11 - Big news this evening! Several new release announcements to be made!

Certainly. I am just wondering how many big releases there will actually be. Amazing Stories, Percepto's Box... and maybe something else? Remember there is also an FSM box set coming up.

Me too! There's something about the unique 80's sound of Williams that is so endearing! :unsure:

Also ordered the latest Intrada Hugo Friedhofer (very underrated composer!) CD , Varese's Rozsa Celebration and Shore's Last Mimzy.

- Tim

I'm listening to The Mission now...the sound is amazing that's for sure.Bootleg deleted.

It a bit longer than the Varese re-recording and I always thought the music didn't match.For example "Broken Landing Gear" is a totally different cue .I think Mc Neely's track titles are off.Also "Off We Go" is only on this new set.the tempo and dynamics on this set are WAY better than the Mc Neely recording.

I'll say it again...what amazing Williams at the peak of his powers.All of it it goosebump material.Little details ,there's this 3 second thing called "Amazing Stories Act Break".How does Williams come up with these.

K.M.

I just watched The Mission (the episode) for the first time. Goofy ending but absurdly fitting. The rest was very good though. The Williams underscore also really stands out. Great to discover this kind of stuff two decades after the 80s :P

No :mellow: I'm already long familiar with The Mission score - from McNeely's recording. It's the series I've recently bought on DVD.

Before the Varese re-recording I had recorded the Landing cue on Minidisk from the Laserdisk as my only source for this score.

• 1 month later...

Ok, since even and because of the mission bootleg, i got the idea that the main theme used in the series was recorded at the same time as 'The Mission' episode which i thought it was the pilot.

Now i see that the 'Ghost Train' Episode is the 1st in the series, and the mission is 5th.

So did Williams recorded everything (main titles, boths episodes) together or the main titles with ghost train or the mission, or all three in complete different sessions?

I want to know because i would like to kow if the orchestra that played the main theme is the same as the mission or not ... i mean, ghost train is smaller and therefore uses a diferent assemble than that for the more full blown main/end titles and the mission...

Ok, since even and because of the mission bootleg, i got the idea that the main theme used in the series was recorded at the same time as 'The Mission' episode which i thought it was the pilot.

Now i see that the 'Ghost Train' Episode is the 1st in the series, and the mission is 5th.

So did Williams recorded everything (main titles, boths episodes) together or the main titles with ghost train or the mission, or all three in complete different sessions?

I want to know because i would like to kow if the orchestra that played the main theme is the same as the mission or not ... i mean, ghost train is smaller and therefore uses a diferent assemble than that for the more full blown main/end titles and the mission...

The version of the main theme used on most of the episodes was recorded on August 22nd 1985 with the score for 'The Mission'. The other two arrangements of the main theme were recorded with a smaller orchestra on April 15th 1985 with his score for 'Ghost Train'.

• 1 year later...

So, here's the thing, I'm going to order Batman TAS from moviemusic.com and I was thinking about ordering something else (since I have to pay international shipping). Anyway I would like one of the Amazing Stories CDs, only I'm not sure which one, I'm leaning towards Vol.1 since it has Williams, Elfman and Horner all which I normally like, but Vol.3 also looks interesting. Any helpful comments??