Favorite CD cover?

ChuckM

What's your favorite CD cover? (based only on the cover artwork itself, and not necessarily on the content of the CD)

Here's mine.

512CYK36K6L._SS400_.jpg

:)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say that I had one before reading this topic. After looking through a couple, I think I've decided on this one:

f_Indyjonestem_cc75b45.jpg

Although I may have to concede to reb rabbit. That RotJ cover is absolutely stunning.

Number 1 :

d247924dqd2.jpg

(I always thought the glittering effect worked well :( )

Silver medal : the complete editions of LOTR (nice idea, the old-fashioned leather-like cover)

Bronze medal : The Dark Crystal collector's edition (fabulous score by the way ;) ) : Brian Froud's illustration is magnificent

Honorable mention : the Ultimate Edition of TPM (I know it's in cardboard, but a blue, very evil-looking Darth Maul... looks cool !)

"This website declined to show this wepage . . ."

Apparently SoundtrackCollector.com forbids hot-linking. Anyway, it's my new avatar.

I'm also fond of this one:

c91eeb6709a0f4d1cb1a1110._AA240_.L.jpg

Worst would have to be the individual covers for the Star Wars anthology. Which genius thought up the idea of black text on a black background?

Farawyn picked a beauty, but moving away from the movies just for a second.......I humbly submit.....

scan0001.jpg

Okay, this is my favorite cover!

HarrypotterPoAsountrack.jpg

Mine also, it was a refreshing change from all those collage-style covers.

~Sturgis

Yeah, instead it was collage-style faces. The HPPS poster/cover was one of the best posters from the last few years.

Anyway, Rhino's Ben-Hur is quite nice, too.

The HPPS poster/cover was one of the best posters from the last few years.

Eh...as much as I appreciate Struzan, that was a weak work.

That's what I thought at first. But it's the only cover I know from the last several years which continues the tradition of putting as many elements of the film as possible into a collage. It's not just floating heads, there's Hogwarts, Quidditch, the letter and even the scar.

I do like this one. :P

And since the thread title doesn't say anything about soundtracks, these are also great:

17333.jpg200px-BridgesBabylon97.jpg

Yeah, Sgt. Pepper and Abbey Road for sure.

Yeah, instead it was collage-style faces. The HPPS poster/cover was one of the best posters from the last few years.

PoA's not a collage. I'm pretty sure the kids can in fact get that close to each other in real life.

~Sturgis, who likes HP:SS very much, but likes PoA better because it's much more unique

Okay, this is my favorite cover!

HarrypotterPoAsountrack.jpg

Mine also, it was a refreshing change from all those collage-style covers.

~Sturgis

After I finally got this CD (this is probably my MOST anticipated JW CD to date), I had it propped on my desk like a picture for about a year! I like this pic because of the atmosphere . . . so wintry, Christmassy, and somehow adventurous. Full of John Williams genius moments, in fact!

Worst would have to be the individual covers for the Star Wars anthology. Which genius thought up the idea of black text on a black background?

I think is was some anti-piracy thing.

You could still pirate the music though ;)

star_wars_trilogy.jpg

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

please tell me you're joking thats hideous.

I like the Towering Inferno album cover but can't seem to find a pic of it..